New Tour Information via True To You 30/10/08

Re: New Tour Information via True To You

Hmmm...the Ryanair c**t is supposed to be announcing "€10" flights to the US, but I doubt it will be in time for the tour :(...

he hasn't performed it live for years, since the 97 or possibly 99 tour.
and he did indeed admit recently that it wasn't a great song. he certainly didn't call it a 'piece of crap' tho.

Him saying it's "Crap" or a "piece of crap" no matter...it's a wonderful f***ing disc & the more I listen to it, the more I enjoy it. Morrissey must not have a very good opinion of any song on the disc? didn't he say that Roys Keen is one of his favorite songs?

Him saying it's "Crap" or a "piece of crap" no matter...it's a wonderful f***ing disc & the more I listen to it, the more I enjoy it. Morrissey must not have a very good opinion of any song on the disc? didn't he say that Roys Keen is one of his favorite songs?

I dunno about him saying the album is crap, but I have a mag. article from the release of Quarry where he says "my last album wasn't a show stopper." Sounds like he isn't too fond of it.

he played trouble loves me in 2006 in spain, there's a video on youtube.

he played trouble loves me at the apollo in manchester in 2006 as well:)

He played it for the majority of 2006 didn't he? I was at the first two shows of that year and he played it at both of those. Lovely song. Trouble and Maladjusted are about the only tracks I like from that album though.

'Planet Sound' news page On C4 Teletext states that Morrissey has confirmed 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' as the new single to be released on February the 8th with 'Years of Refusal' album to follow on the 22nd. Lists the 2 new b-sides as well and describes 'Shame is the Name' as a 'duet' with Chrissie Hynde, as opposed to TTY's 'additional vocals'. Small point perhaps, but key? 'My Love Life' has 'additional vocals', 'Interlude' is yer actual 'duet'. I'm hoping for the latter.

I dunno about him saying the album is crap, but I have a mag. article from the release of Quarry where he says "my last album wasn't a show stopper." Sounds like he isn't too fond of it.

That's my point really. If he didn't like the album at all, why do tracks off it? why not just strike it from your repertoire all together?

He played it for the majority of 2006 didn't he? I was at the first two shows of that year and he played it at both of those. Lovely song. Trouble and Maladjusted are about the only tracks I like from that album though.[/QUOTE]

Of course he did.....I could swear he did Roys Keen sooner than 1997? He's done Alma Matters(which is on what disc? Maladjusted) sometime within the last few tours, has he not?

'Planet Sound' news page On C4 Teletext states that Morrissey has confirmed 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' as the new single to be released on February the 8th with 'Years of Refusal' album to follow on the 22nd. Lists the 2 new b-sides as well and describes 'Shame is the Name' as a 'duet' with Chrissie Hynde, as opposed to TTY's 'additional vocals'. Small point perhaps, but key? 'My Love Life' has 'additional vocals', 'Interlude' is yer actual 'duet'. I'm hoping for the latter.

Thanks Joe, but 8th and 22nd February 2009 are both Sundays.
Teletext seems wrong. :confused:

Very disappointing if the album release date is changed again.

That's my point really. If he didn't like the album at all, why do tracks off it? why not just strike it from your repertoire all together?

He played it for the majority of 2006 didn't he? I was at the first two shows of that year and he played it at both of those. Lovely song. Trouble and Maladjusted are about the only tracks I like from that album though.

Of course he did.....I could swear he did Roys Keen sooner than 1997? He's done Alma Matters(which is on what disc? Maladjusted) sometime within the last few tours, has he not?[/QUOTE]

He did Roy's Keen and Alma in the 97 and 99 tours.
The only Maladjusted song Moz has done live since the 90's is 'Trouble Loves Me'. Surely it's fair enough that he can dislike an album generally but still like one or two songs off it?
The fans voted Maladjusted his worst album but Trouble Loves Me one of his best solo songs...

Southpaw Grammer 26th January 2009

Years of Refusal
Germany 30th January 2009?
UK 2nd February 2009
USA 23rd February 2009

Maladjusted
2nd March 2009?

We still don't know the release date of single I'm Throwing Arms Around Paris.

uh?
:confused:
hmm judging from
from the tty-statement southpaw will be released on the same day as maladjusted which is one week after YOR isnt it ?

and the YOR album will released on the same day inb the US and the Uk and not on different dates...right? feb the 2nd was the old release date...
AND THE 23RD OF FEB IS THE RELEASE DATE NOW

or do you have any info about YOR is released on different dates in the Uk and the US?

so i think the statement tty send out on friday is the one with all the dates
so all the orginal release plans of feb the 2nd is now shelved off...
in the tty statement it looks like that southpaw and maladjusted are released on the same day...if southpaw has an earlier release than maladjusted wouldnt they mention it there?

I was puzzled about that. Morrissey said on Janice Long that it would be the 2nd but the announcement said the 23rd to coincide with the American tour so I can see why Kewpie said that. Also I thought the release would be later in America (probably about a day or so) but not so long. I'm not sure, we'll just have to wait for the powers that be.

According to http://true-to-you.net 9th August 2008 statement, Years of Refusal will be released on 2nd February 2009.
When the statement was posted Morrissey hadn't signed US recording contract.

30th October 2008 statement confirmed that US release date of Years of Refusal is 23rd February 2009.
It also mentioned a week later of Years of Refusal release, Maladjusted will be on sale ie it'll be available on 2nd March 2009.

Ist October 2008 statement announced Southpaw Grammer reissue will be on sale 26th January 2009.

kewpie `s post from another tread(guardian). today
.thnks kewpie now we have cleared it up..phew...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008...ars-of-refusal

It doesn't tell anything new because all the info was taken from TTY.

It says Years of Refusal will be out on 23rd February 2009.

Very frustrating that it was supposed to be released on 2nd February.

Last edited:

Hmmm...the Ryanair c**t is supposed to be announcing "€10" flights to the US, but I doubt it will be in time for the tour :(...

they are?
blimey, better start tryna squeeze myslef in the cat carry box so ill go in the hold. :D
seriously if it happens let me know. :cool:

Great news to hear about this tour, now if he pops over to Canada that will just be dandy. I got to start saving some serious spondoolas.:)

Great news and all that but I must say I'm a bit annoyed that there's no mention of a UK tour.

The fans voted Maladjusted his worst album but Trouble Loves Me one of his best solo songs...

Well then, the "fans" that voted it as such are f***ing stupid aren't they? I've said from the beginning, I love the disc. I like all of Morrissey's music. I can't find a song I dislike at all, not one. He puts things in his perspective, which is what he does on every disc, which is why Maladjusted gets dumped on so badly. I'll admit it was rushed, and he wanted to rid himself of Mercury records, but still, a good disc all around.

Oh...and yes, you can tell all the "fans who voted that they didn't like it" I said: they're f***ing stupid.

Paris b-sides info just in..

got this from myspace yesterday...

Morrissey’s new studio album 'Years of Refusal' will be released on 16th February 2009 on Decca/Polydor, preceded by the single 'I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris' one week prior.

The single will be supported by two new songs 'Because Of My Poor Education' and 'Shame Is The Name', the latter featuring additional vocals by Chrissie Hynde.

Re: Paris b-sides info just in..

Morrissey’s new studio album 'Years of Refusal' will be released on 16th February 2009 on Decca/Polydor, preceded by the single 'I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris' one week prior.

The single will be supported by two new songs 'Because Of My Poor Education' and 'Shame Is The Name', the latter featuring additional vocals by Chrissie Hynde.

Oh exciting to hear... I knew i should have read that bulletin.

Anyonke knows what happened to true-to-you.net?
last post 12. December...

I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend that Julia is now focusing her attention on the band Mudvayne.

Re: Paris b-sides info just in..

Anyonke knows what happened to true-to-you.net?
last post 12. December...

I ordinarily don't poke around that site, but the last time Moz was on Jimmy Kimmel's show, she had a special guestlist that allowed 50 or somesuch number of her guests to get in prior to the regular queue, so I looked there for a similar promotion.

There's nothing much to report except that she did update the site -- it looks like on 20 January 2009 to flog the "Pawis" downloads on iTunes.

Now back to our regularly scheduled, sick and belaboured bitching...

OMG, the apocalypse is nigh since MizBeth actually posted something somewhat useful!!!

Back
Top Bottom