New Tour Information via True To You 30/10/08

Re: Paris b-sides info just in..

OMG, the apocalypse is nigh since MizBeth actually posted something somewhat useful!!!

Miz? I thought it was Mr. :confused::rolleyes::p

Agreed, a post without slagging :clap:

Tty

Back to the new tour info or lack thereof on tty...

I should've pointed out earlier that I already have tix from 1iota for Mozzer's taping at Kimmel, but I was looking at titty, er, tty hoping to get on Julia's better-than-the-hoi-polloi list so I wouldn't have to wait all day in a queue. But I've never gotten any favours from her, so I don't expect her to put me on any list whether I enter some rigged (who knows?) contest or not.

But I think I shouldn't worry because the last time, even though I was behind Julia's speshul list, in addition to being behind another 25 or so people who got priority wristbands, and furthermore behind some troll who let literally 9 of her homies cut in front of the queue right before taping, I still got up in the front.

One of her 9 compas, a 250-300 lb, 6 ft or so lout told me, "We do it all the time, like fer Depeche Mode." When I confronted him on the unfairness of 9 people at the last minute cutting in front of a queue of people who had honestly waited since the a.m., he just hulumped his bulk imposingly over me and said, "So, I'm an asshole (NB: I, myself, didn't use the term "asshole" nor use any disparaging language, but he called it correctly). Deal with it. We're not moving." Security was nowhere when needed, and the people who grumbled about the 9 cheaters were too wimpy to act.

Behavior like this is one reason why I'm glad Moz isn't scheduled to do any proper concerts in Hell A. so far.

I would've been so pissed off with the overgrown bullies, but actually it turned out ok. I still got to front, right on the rail. There was this gap with no one stood at a bend in the barrier that follows the contour of the stage, so I stood there. It was a magical, awkward spot that seemed reserved just for the likes of me -- a desperate fool. And even though I wasn't in the centre, it was blessed because Morrissey stood in front of me (was off on Boz's side) during the non-taping segments. :guitar: It even got a little embarrassing or too intense, all that time staring at him without speaking. I had to look away, so I watched some of the studio segments projected on the screen.

Someone ;) told me that being on Julia's list didn't help for the Carson Daly show, that they ended up in the back during the taping of the songs! Whereas my sleep-deprived lazy arse showed up mid-afternoon and got a spot close to the stage and a searching-look-wave-of-recognition from El Mozzer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom