Morrissey Central "TATTOO, TODAY, L.A" (January 26, 2020)

0_qhzj6l.png

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/tattoo-today-l-a

Regards,
FWD.

Of course he did, he is a narcissist. I would think he even had the thought to photoshop his new album into it. Wake up his monstrosities.
Of course!!!!!!

Holy crap, really, Kobe isn't mentioned! It's really all about him! They better rectify this immediately on his website - all of Los Angeles is in mourning. A huge mistake!
Yeah I'm sure Morrissey knows who Bryant is. We all know how Moz is a big basketball fan.

Alleged rapist?

The image was circulated by the LA Times and the person concerned has posted 2 pictures of themselves via media outlets:

Clearly this gentleman is (or was) a pretty hardcore fan to get a Morrissey tattoo, so may well be someone who frequents this site. It will be interesting if they see this and respond with their own view as to whether it's in good taste or not.

Talk about bad taste. Moz must have lost all his marbles if he deliberately had that photo posted while knowing the back story. IF he did then he is as mad as a basket of snakes.

May they rest in peace.

KOBE.jpg.1200x1200.jpg
And if not, then what?

the night after michael jackson died M played a concert and made a small speech about all the crashing bores which was seen as all the fake stars coming out and shedding a tear,you sometimes wonder how sorry some of these people really are.

Nothing he says or does on that site or anywhere really matters. But you're arguing as a professional that those who find this post ineffective at generating goodwill are wrong. I'm not sure why you're doing that.

No, I was was arguing about the intention of the person who posted it & then about the wider impact of it.

It's almost refreshing, tbh. The last few years have been one shit-show after another, and over time we have seen fewer and fewer people coming to his defense. Some things are just not defensible. Those three you mentioned (and I would include that vegan cro thing too) are likely mentally ill, paid schills, or the same person. Likely all three.

As opposed to the sanity of continuing to visit the fan site for a person you think is an indefensible shitshow?

Nah hes too scared. Hes not on the ball like back in the day. They will eat him alive.

The fact you even have to defend m foe being this crass, shows how much hes changed.

Cynical opportunism and tokenism with absolutely no tact whatsoever. This is Morrissey in 2020. Pitiful beyond all measure.

the night after michael jackson died M played a concert and made a small speech about all the crashing bores which was seen as all the fake stars coming out and shedding a tear,you sometimes wonder how sorry some of these people really are.
Did he comment on MJs death? I thought that went ignored. Would love to see a clip of that.

Just been reading about that, & seems the Washington Post journalist who provided a link to the 2016 story, although she didn't actually write the piece herself, has received 10,000 death threats already, as well as having been suspended.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...g-link-story-Kobe-Bryants-rape-case-2003.html

They suspended a hack for tweeting a link to a story? That's sad for American journalism.

As part of the civil case settlement they agreed to accept that she felt the encounter was non-consensual, while he felt that it was consensual. So, you can argue either way & have proof.

How exactly was he a 'hero'...I'm a bit confused by that one?
Did he save the US from some national disaster, or just throw balls into a net attached to a pole? Is this what constitutes being a hero over there? Wow, the words plot & lost spring to mind, & even perspective.

doh:God. Moz, is that you?
According to Merriam-Webster, one of the definitions of a hero is "the central figure in an event, period, or movement". Crystal clear.

Not very sorry, mostly. It's just the done thing to say something, get some minor press for it, avoid having to cancel anything because it's now a tribute & what they would want (which is true) etc.

It used to be more of a riot in the olden days, Joan Collins got a ton of press coverage for saying that James Dean had contacted her from beyond the grave.

I might agree with you, were it not for the headline, which puts the emphasis where it doesn't belong. 'Never mind the dead guy, just look at the tattoo!'

I don't think the person running the website puts that much thought into it.

Back
Top Bottom