Palacio de los Deportes, Mexico City, Mexico due September 10, 2023 - rescheduled for October 31, 2023.

"Translated from Spanish by Google
Morrissey... Cancelled.

An anonymous hamster
correspondent reported to us a while ago that something was wrong with the setup.
We investigated and now we confirm:
Morrissey says he is sick and it is cancelled!
We are waiting for an official announcement from 0CESA, but for the fans we hope that something can be resolved."

Started as word of mouth rumour.
More substantial 'sources' above.
No word if postponed or cancelled outright - or just misinterpreted rumours.

Note:
This is tentative information, if any ticket holders have direct sources of information, please let us know.
More details as things become clearer.
The thread status of rumour will be updated the moment an official Morrissey announcement is made.
Hoping this information is wrong and concertgoers aren't disappointed.
Regards,
FWD.

Update (September 10, 2013):
Now confirmed as not going ahead - rumour tag removed.
Rescheduled date given of October 31, 2023.

20230910_000319.jpg

"Translated from Spanish by Google
Morrissey... Cancelled.

An anonymous hamster
correspondent reported to us a while ago that something was wrong with the setup.
We investigated and now we confirm:
Morrissey says he is sick and it is cancelled!
We are waiting for an official announcement from 0CESA, but for the fans we hope that something can be resolved."

Started as word of mouth rumour.
More substantial 'sources' above.
No word if postponed or cancelled outright - or just misinterpreted rumours.

Note:
This is tentative information, if any ticket holders have direct sources of information, please let us know.
More details as things become clearer.
The thread status of rumour will be updated the moment an official Morrissey announcement is made.
Hoping this information is wrong and concertgoers aren't disappointed.
Regards,
FWD.

Update (September 10, 2013):
Now confirmed as not going ahead - rumour tag removed.
Rescheduled date given of October 31, 2023.

View attachment 94903

I don't care about the concert. he was already very bad in those photos. fans mostly don't care. they need a drive. I really hope that he will just drop everything and stop touring, despite the hysteria of the consumer society. Please, Steven, get better, I don't care about the freaks who will laugh or pour shit on this message.

Last edited:
Todos los fans le desean lo mejor a Moz y le envían energía curativa para superarse y seguir compartiendo su talento como siempre lo hace, con emoción y sentimiento expresados en su voz única e incomparable. Moz no te preocupes por lo que dicen los demás, cuida tu salud y cuídate. Tu salud es lo primero, te admiraro y te envío energía curativa.❤️ ❤️

The "coronavirus" viruses exist a thousand years ago, like those of the flu, it is likely that they have become more virulent, as can happen with other germs, for many causes but generating many deaths that is undeniable, the reasons why it appeared we do not know. But it is true that the lockdown affected the economy worldwide. Regardless of what affects Moz, what matters is its speedy recovery. Maybe Moz ate something inappropriate, in Mexico they make very spicy foods, and we already know that Moz has contraindicated spicy. And the food they sell on the street, whatever the country, is not safe
I love that you're so naive you think he is eating street food...

That would have been great Zoom but i think even as far back as '84 Moz said he disliked it, for whatever reason

Yeah, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Alain pulled it out of his hat when Morrissey asked him if there were any particular songs he would like to do. We did get Our Frank though!

Wonder if Skinny will post it's not just about the money, now ?
Anyway, hope Moz is better soon and my sympathy for those let down.

Interesting Twitter comment - f***ing lyer, in México city its impossible to get dengue, maybe in a small Town at the south of the country but un the CDMX there Is no way

Had a look on line and found this - Mexico City has no endemic presence of Aedes aegypti, and it is therefore free of vector-borne diseases, such as dengue fever, Zika and chikungunya. However, evidence has shown the presence of Aedes aegypti eggs in the city since 2015.

Not sure if this is accurate though.

Last edited:
Interesting Twitter comment - f***ing lyer, in México city its impossible to get dengue, maybe in a small Town at the south of the country but un the CDMX there Is no way

Had a look on line and found this - Mexico City has no endemic presence of Aedes aegypti, and it is therefore free of vector-borne diseases, such as dengue fever, Zika and chikungunya. However, evidence has shown the presence of Aedes aegypti eggs in the city since 2015.

Maybe he travelled around and picked it up somewhere else?
Could be, he's been there several days and Mexico has a lot of very nice places to visit.

It would seem dengue isn't completely absent in Mexico city though:

1694376826233.png

When did he go to Mexico? According to a friend of mine (immunologist), incubation period ranges from 3 days up to a whopping two weeks, most often it takes 4 to 8 days to get first symptoms.

When did he go to Mexico? According to a friend of mine (immunologist), incubation period ranges from 3 days up to a whopping two weeks, most often it takes 4 to 8 days to get first symptoms.
Don't know but he's been there for a while. The Garbage concert was on the 4th, right?

Well he was there at the Garbage show, and pre show rehearsals, could be longer. So yeah, he would fall into those incubation time brackets.

Can't imagine he'll be trucking down to Mexico City for a one-off on 10/31 if the South American gigs are now off indefinitely. Though I suppose he could head directly from there to Singapore, likely with a few days stopover in LA.

Can't imagine he'll be trucking down to Mexico City for a one-off on 10/31 if the South American gigs are now off indefinitely. Though I suppose he could head directly from there to Singapore, likely with a few days stopover in LA.
Yeah. Since it doesn't seem all the Latin American gigs can be fit before Singapore, guess this rescheduled date is no more. They'll probably (and hopefully) be all rescheduled together.

Only just found out about all this. I have to say I feel sorry for the South American lot.
The fans I have met from there, are such nice caring people. Its a shame they have been let down. I think all this calling M a liar and the bitching, needs to stop.
Sure, he has cried wolf so many times, the Noel story, the bread crumb in the drummers eye story, the Smiths story. We have all heard he has lied his arse off and did a fake sickie
I tend to think of it like this now, he has always been open about his mental struggles .
Most of us know and can tell, he really does struggle with mental health. So, sure when he calls in "sick", he might not be sick with a virus or bug, that may be just the cover
story. He may not be feeling able to get on the stage mentally. Sure he might still go to the pub but there is a heck of a lot of difference between coming out for a few drinks, when you aren't feeling "all there" mentally or physically and playing to thousands of peeps. I personally couldn't give a fecking dicksuck what James and New Order do. I do not see what good comparing M to them is. M is a million times more important to me, and others, is than both of them, so I really do not think constantly comparing M to people is helpful.

Only just found out about all this. I have to say I feel sorry for the South American lot.
The fans I have met from there, are such nice caring people. Its a shame they have been let down. I think all this calling M a liar and the bitching, needs to stop.
Sure, he has cried wolf so many times, the Noel story, the bread crumb in the drummers eye story, the Smiths story. We have all heard he has lied his arse off and did a fake sickie
I tend to think of it like this now, he has always been open about his mental struggles .
Most of us know and can tell, he really does struggle with mental health. So, sure when he calls in "sick", he might not be sick with a virus or bug, that may be just the cover
story. He may not be feeling able to get on the stage mentally. Sure he might still go to the pub but there is a heck of a lot of difference between coming out for a few drinks, when you aren't feeling "all there" mentally or physically and playing to thousands of peeps. I personally couldn't give a fecking dicksuck what James and New Order do. I do not see what good comparing M to them is. M is a million times more important to me, and others, is than both of them, so I really do not think constantly comparing M to people is helpful.
Jaysus, turn it in will you.
Have you been at the green bols again?
I’m surprised you’re not telling us your mate also caught dengue whilst he was in Mexico City 🤨

Back
Top Bottom