Palacio de los Deportes, Mexico City, Mexico due September 10, 2023 - rescheduled for October 31, 2023.

"Translated from Spanish by Google
Morrissey... Cancelled.

An anonymous hamster
correspondent reported to us a while ago that something was wrong with the setup.
We investigated and now we confirm:
Morrissey says he is sick and it is cancelled!
We are waiting for an official announcement from 0CESA, but for the fans we hope that something can be resolved."

Started as word of mouth rumour.
More substantial 'sources' above.
No word if postponed or cancelled outright - or just misinterpreted rumours.

Note:
This is tentative information, if any ticket holders have direct sources of information, please let us know.
More details as things become clearer.
The thread status of rumour will be updated the moment an official Morrissey announcement is made.
Hoping this information is wrong and concertgoers aren't disappointed.
Regards,
FWD.

Update (September 10, 2013):
Now confirmed as not going ahead - rumour tag removed.
Rescheduled date given of October 31, 2023.

20230910_000319.jpg

For people who think this is all fine and dandy, and representative of Morrissey’s disposal to regular illness: Might I ask how they’d like to rationalise away the equally numerous commitments to ‘reschedule’, which are almost inevitably unfulfilled?

I suspect that he never had any intention of making good on most of the ‘new’ dates he never appeared for.

And that would seem to support the suspicion that he’s actually indifferent about the inconvenience and costs he might cause fans. Often twice, for a single event.

If I’m correct, the only thing Morrissey would be reasonably diagnosed with is an unwelcome character flaw (one I’m personally happy to overlook, but not deny).

But as I say, I’m open to hearing about a biological illness that compels people to make diary promises that they have no intention of keeping.
What an absolutely ignorante remark based solely on your stupidity.

If he does know himself to have a rather dodgy immune system, mingling with the crowd at some concert only a few days prior to a tour starting while some new COVID strain (Eris) and lots of other nasty germ fückers being on the (seasonal) rise is SUCH a smart thing to do indeed. :rolleyes:
Agreed. ESPECIALLY when it specifically states in the article about the gig tonight that he's not allowing fans to take selfies with him. But it's fine for him to take selfies with Shirley Manson? Is just the germs of the people who come see his show that he doesn't want? Ridiculous.

But what if he doesn’t know? There was rehearsals prior to this show, so the intention to do it was there.
He was NEVER going to manage as all those dates regardless of intentions. I will be shocked if there aren't more cancellations.

As for the rescheduling, he doesn't care enough about his fans to fulfil the new dates which is why you are better getting a refund immediately after he cancels because if you look at his past record it ain't happening.

Agreed. ESPECIALLY when it specifically states in the article about the gig tonight that he's not allowing fans to take selfies with him. But it's fine for him to take selfies with Shirley Manson? Is just the germs of the people who come see his show that he doesn't want? Ridiculous.

I agree he should take extreme precautions.

Though it wasn’t a selfie with Shirley, the chances of getting close to a variety of strangers for a selfie would indeed raise his chance of getting
sick.

He was NEVER going to manage as all those dates regardless of intentions. I will be shocked if there aren't more cancellations.

I’d understand your reasoning if it was halfway through an exhaustive tour, but not on the first night.

As for the rescheduling, he doesn't care enough about his fans to fulfil the new dates which is why you are better getting a refund immediately after he cancels because if you look at his past record it ain't happening.

I agree.

I agree he should take extreme precautions.

Though it wasn’t a selfie with Shirley, the chances of getting close to a variety of strangers for a selfie would indeed raise his chance of getting
sick.
Omg, why so pedantic. It was a photo in which he and Shirley were sat close together. So what that someone else took it? Still the same result.

Yes, fans are hit financially. M is too, however, he's a multimillionaire - there's the difference. He doesn't need more money. Fans are ordinary people usually, and don't have money to burn like he does.

But if @Uncleskinny is right, that it’s all about the money? Then surely he will do this make up date. And not only are the fans hit financially, but so is Morrissey, but wait, if it’s all about the money? then something doesn’t add up.
I’m not generally one to rush to Peter’s defence. However, he has noticed that Morrissey’s relationship with money primarily involves an enjoyment of watching other people spend it, on his behalf. If that’s accepted a lot of things begin to make sense—including the scepticism and vulnerability that supports his creative genius.

Omg, why so pedantic. It was a photo in which he and Shirley were sat close together. So what that someone else took it? Still the same result.
Well, there is a difference. Anyway, the key words in my post were …

‘getting close to a variety of strangers for a selfie would indeed raise his chance of getting
sick.’
Yes, fans are hit financially. M is too, however, he's a multimillionaire - there's the difference. He doesn't need more money. Fans are ordinary people usually, and don't have money to burn like he does.

I agree, it’s not all about the money.

You must be joking about taking selfies and getting close to Shirley etc. ? The Man cuddles with fans who sometimes kiss him during stage invasions. The reluctance to take selfies with fans probably has nothing to do with being cautious for health reasons.Everyone catches a cold sometimes, but communication with fans is a problem. Nothing on Morrissey Central again !!! fans who spend a fortune on tickets, sometimes traveling thousands of miles, deserve a simple "sorry" or something like that. :(

You must be joking about taking selfies and getting close to Shirley etc. ? The Man cuddles with fans who sometimes kiss him during stage invasions. The reluctance to take selfies with fans probably has nothing to do with being cautious for health reasons.Everyone catches a cold sometimes, but communication with fans is a problem. Nothing on Morrissey Central again !!! fans who spend a fortune on tickets, sometimes traveling thousands of miles, deserve a simple "sorry" or something like that. :(
I’ve heard it first hand that he is not sorry.

I’m not generally one to rush to Peter’s defence. However, he has noticed that Morrissey’s relationship with money primarily involves an enjoyment of watching other people spend it, on his behalf. If that’s accepted a lot of things begin to make sense—including the scepticism and vulnerability that supports his creative genius.

We all enjoy being paid for our services. But to say ‘it’s all about the money’ repeatedly just reinforces that it’s not really all about the money. Otherwise he wouldn’t cancel as he does.

Maybe with Peter K back in the picture, he’s finally listening to his manager?

Peter Hook is 67 and played 52 gigs last year and he plays for two and a half hours, apart from Barrett’s what health issues does Morrissey have?
I'm really not sure any of us are qualified to classify his ailments in a medical way, but I'll give it a go, I suppose

Does habitual alcoholism count

Because, I'd be missing loads of gigs too if I was Morrissey

I'm really not sure any of us are qualified to classify his ailments in a medical way, but I'll give it a go, I suppose

Does habitual alcoholism count

Because, I'd be missing loads of gigs too if I was Morrissey

You don’t have to be a doctor, some anon said you can tell by his chin or something that he drinks too much. You think being an alcoholic he would simply try not to drink so much the night before a show. He obviously doesn’t care about his fans :o

For people who think this is all fine and dandy, and representative of Morrissey’s disposal to regular illness: Might I ask how they’d like to rationalise away the equally numerous commitments to ‘reschedule’, which are almost inevitably unfulfilled?

I suspect that he never had any intention of making good on most of the ‘new’ dates he never appeared for.

And that would seem to support the suspicion that he’s actually indifferent about the inconvenience and costs he might cause fans. Often twice, for a single event.

If I’m correct, the only thing Morrissey would be reasonably diagnosed with is an unwelcome character flaw (one I’m personally happy to overlook, but not deny).

But as I say, I’m open to hearing about a biological illness that compels people to make diary promises that they have no intention of keeping.
He doesn’t have to tell anyone of any biological illness he suffers from but he has openly admitted one throughout his life, clinical depression. Depression doesn’t give a shit what you’ve got in the diary, singing to adoring fans or working down the baked bean factory. He could have a cold for all I know but you sound like a sanctimonious prick.
“Might I ask
“I suspect
“If I’m correct
“ I’m open to hearing
Oh just f*** off.

Maybe he got the shits, then got drunk, resulting in him having the shits.

... ok, that was pretty nasty, sorry for that.

I think you should rush to his defence more often, you two would be sweet together.

So because Peter Hook doesn't cancel gigs very often, it means that M is just making his sickness up? What point are you trying to make here?
Yeah, wondering the same thing.
Hasn’t Morrissey always since way back had a propensity for colds?

Doesn’t mean he should go nowhere and see no one and just lock himself in his hotel.

Back
Top Bottom