New Album

Someone on the main page wondered if "Years Of Refusal" is a reference to Canada - then I realised it's an anagram of "Furry seals - a foe", so it probably is:D

Peter

I love the new title and my husband is lucky that I woke up to this news b/c I am so happy, it has prevented me from castrating him for forgetting to make reservations for our 10 year wedding anniversary tonight. :rolleyes:

LMAO! OHH your husband is SO lucky! He should send Moz a thank you card. ;) Congrats on the anniversary!!!

Now I understand why the drum kit at the Craig Ferguson taping said, "REFUSAL" on it...

Personally, I'd die to hear good versions of Oh Phoney, Born to Hang, or Striptease...

I would be tickled PINK! I adore Oh Phoney...repeat becomes my favorite button when that song comes on. I can hardly wait. SG is my second fave album. So I am thoroughly excited.

My unhappy birthday is in September and yes, a new album would be a splendid gift!

Sept. will be a fantastic month!! New album....your b-day...my b-day....it's not much but 18 is a big deal in small ways! A tour date over here would seal the deal. ;) Just one Moz, that's all I ask for!! It'd make my year. :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breath for "Kitt" or "I Know Who I Love". As far as we know, these were recorded during the Maladjusted sessions. Sony-BMG only have the rights to the Southpaw era recordings. Said tracks would have to be licensed from Polydor who now own the rights to the Maladjusted recordings. I doubt Polydor would do that since they're probably working on a re-issue of Maladjusted themselves.

My bet, SG re-issue includes: the 8 album tracks, the 2 D Dave b-sides, the live b-sides from The Boy Racer and "Honey You Know...", "Laughing Anne" and "You Should Have Been...". If we're lucky, maybe we'll get some more live cuts taken from the same show as the BR b-sides.

I think we'll have to wait till/if Maladjusted is re-issued to hear "Kitt", "I Know Who..." and the other rumoured track from that era, "I'm Not Worth Hitting". There's also the Cobrin version of "It's Hard To Walk Tall..." and a version of "No One Can Hold A Candle..." that were recorded at the time...supposedly.

The Moz re-issues are way over-due!

Joey

Last edited:
I've only just realised that a Polydor company has re-signed Morrissey. Someone with my nerdy knowledge of record companies should have noticed that Decca is a Polydor label just like Island/Mercury was in 1997.
Though as I've mentioned a couple of times, Morrissey on a Universal Group label probably isn't the result of a new contract. Universal bought Sanctuary remember?

As much as I'd like a studio version of Kitt, I can't really see anyone wanting to re-issue Maladjusted can you? It would sell about five copies.

I would much rather a re-issue of Maladjusted, than Southpaw grammar. The album is awful, with the exception of Southpaw :mad:

I would much rather a re-issue of Maladjusted, than Southpaw grammar. The album is awful, with the exception of Southpaw :mad:

Well, I really love Southpaw Grammar whilst I can only muster a 'not bad' at Maladjusted but I'm surprised that a record company would re-issue either one to be honest. Especially before they re-issued Your Arsenal or Vauxhall.

Just been on True To You and it says the new album will be out in September and will be called Years Of Refusal. Also a remastered Southpaw will be released in July with three previously unreleased tracks.

Two excellent bits of news! Great title. I love the video AYNIM- especially when he puts the tambourine, framing his face. :horny:

Someone on the main page wondered if "Years Of Refusal" is a reference to Canada - then I realised it's an anagram of "Furry seals - a foe", so it probably is:D

Peter
:eek: So it is!

My unhappy birthday is in September and yes, a new album would be a splendid gift!

Our 11th is Sept 27. If my dh doesn't want it ruined, he better let me have my Moz muzic ;)

Haha, my b'day is Sept. 27:guitar: I think I will be asking for a certain cd 'round about then as well.
*still wishing for Moz to play Scotland in August*

Haha, my b'day is Sept. 27:guitar: I think I will be asking for a certain cd 'round about then as well.
*still wishing for Moz to play Scotland in August*

Mine is the 25th.
I'm totally convinced everything that happens for the better in September is just for me and nothing will sway me otherwise...!

I just wanted to say that I'm really excited about this :D

New album in Sptember - great title, 12 songs (mainly alan's songs I imagine) It would be great if the whole album was a Morrissey/white collaboration don't you think?
I have a great feeling about Years of Refusal :guitar:

SG re-issue with extra-tracks :D
I must say this album was a grower to me, and as years go by I find myself listening more and more to this one, as opposed to Viva Hate for instance :)

AYNIM Video - It's always nice to see the guys having fun - it's simple and relaxed :) - it's not a great video but then again...they (almost) never are :D
...and I love Children in Pieces :cool:

so... the only bad news is that my order with recordstore is still pending (however I'm sure this will be fixed next week - IS HAS TO :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom