New Tracks/Album - Questions

I hope he'll never do a "new Southpaw".

That brings up an interesting point: who is producing & re-mastering the three new tracks that will be added to the album? It sounds like this is a Sony decision, not a Morrissey decision. How do these things work? Does Morrissey have to grant permission for the unreleased songs to come out? If so, who is re-mastering the old ones and/or producing the new ones? Who gets to choose? The record company or the artist?:confused:

Usually, those "previously unreleased tracks" are already produced by whoever had produced them back then. Unless they are demos, in which case they'll be staying kind of unproduced.

The problem with Morrissey's newest producers are they seem to bring up only a few things and leave everything else in the background...

Finn - likes to have Morrissey's voice, the bass, and the drums louder than everything else

Visconti - likes to have Morrissey's voice, the bass, and the orchestra louder than everything else

The only problem, I say, are the instruments. They should leave them out completely. :)

That brings up an interesting point: who is producing & re-mastering the three new tracks that will be added to the album? It sounds like this is a Sony decision, not a Morrissey decision. How do these things work? Does Morrissey have to grant permission for the unreleased songs to come out? If so, who is re-mastering the old ones and/or producing the new ones? Who gets to choose? The record company or the artist?:confused:

I'm guessing because Morrissey has announced it on truetoyou and the artwork is being redone it was done with his co-operation. It would have been a Sony decision to initiate the re-release though.

Back
Top Bottom