New album cover

hmmm i don`t like the cover much,althought he looks cute holding a baby, BUT i don`t think this cover will catch consumer`s (non-morrissey fans)attention, but is o.k not his best album cover Definitively but it`s not too bad,i liked the art work and he looks sooooooo HOT (that`s very important) :D :horny:

In the age of Rihanna this is a GREAT album cover: witty and subversive. Moz was left holding the baby in 1987 and he just can't let go... so, who could have been refusing him all these years? I love it.

Morrissey fans just aren't happy unless they have something to complain about, are they!?

I think I'd really like it, if it weren't for the baby. I don't like that baby. Not one bit. Maybe this is all a tease? It's not out for months...

I enjoy the symbolism of the cover. That baby's finger pointing down, suggesting that hell is the place our Morrissey will go is very affective. The font is nice too, works well with the picture.

I like the concept... not one of the ones who thinks Moz looks creepy holding a baby by the crotch... :rolleyes:

Just wish a person with somekind of taste had been in charge of the art design... the font is total, total shit! :(

13z9u8z.jpg

it just looks very unfinished :confused:

The photograph is totally fantastic.

The font arrangement...well. Has anyone got five minutes to spare with photoshop?

And..and...and WHY is it not central? That's what annoys me most. It should be central. He looks like he's actually tried to make room for those mommoth titles.
It would have been far more effective without any titles atall!

Potentially a great, great album sleeve, but wasted.

You bloody lot are all so demanding and judgemental.

The cover is not as nearly bad as you're all making out.

Relax. I'm sure the album will be fantastic. "Fantastically strong"

I quite like it .. the font is catching .. maybe it doesn't mesh so well with the pic, but it's still good .. moz looks excellent .. the baby is just different which again isn't a bad thing ... I get what people mean about it being unfinished though .. i think its the background, you can literally make those backgrounds with the trial version of paint shop pro, so thats not hard to do

SoLowers - dear Lord! Every move Moz makes they jump all over him with instant negativity. The baby is "pugly"! The font is all wrong! And it should've been to the lower left of the pic! Blah blah blah. Amomgst people who have already confessed that they're really only about the "frinking".

File0019.jpg

I think Morrissey looks absolutely gorgeous and it's the first time I've ever felt vaugely broody. The photograph is just fantastic. At the end of the day though, all that really matters to me is the content of the album itself- it could be the most brilliant cover in the world but if the album itself was shite then what would be the point? Roll on Feb, I cannot wait. :D:D:D

SoLowers - dear Lord! Every move Moz makes they jump all over him with instant negativity. The baby is "pugly"! The font is all wrong! And it should've been to the lower left of the pic! Blah blah blah. Amomgst people who have already confessed that they're really only about the "frinking".

File0019.jpg

Thankyou!

Some of the comments are ridiculous!

Its certainly going to get people scribbling in the daily rags. "Ohhhh... what could it all mean?"

As long as the music is good, thats the main thing.

All this froth and bother - non of Morrissey's solo artwork comes close to that of the Smiths - but by getting hot under the collar about the new sleeve, I think that Alf's artwork got lost.

I think this would be a fantastic promo record sleeve a la - Picadilly Palare, Our Frank, Sing Your Life, Pregnant for the Last Time, My Love Life, We Hate it When, You're the one for me fatty & Certain People I know.

Check them out http://www.vulgarpicture.com/m_all.html

the cover, the font....... I don't know............
But all that really matters is the "content" of the album.

Hahahaha, wow. That font is... special.

"Im speshull (SPESHULL!) So speshull! (SPESHULL!) I gotta haaaaaaaaaaaave some of your ATTENTIOOOOON!
GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEE-E!!!!!!!!"

...That font is singing very loudly indeed.

Hmmm...Did it work for Nancy Sinatra?
Not very well?
There you go.

:D

Snffffffff-I can smell designer desperation.

I wonder who the baby is. :rolleyes:
And if they will do a re-creation of the picture in 17 years, like they did with Nevermind. :p

Tags
art baby's arm can i please see it gerontophilia good font hated it he saw it! i have a nasty rash i have seen it i like the font i really want to see it. in yummy dipping sauce interesting though its gorgeous jake little butterfly meh no fair steamed dumplings stop editing it we seen it too
Back
Top Bottom