Morrissey on BBC Radio 2?

ME TOO! I was wondering when someone else was going to mention this. :p My ears perked up when Russell started talking it. :D I wanna know.

What did the woman who went with him to the NYD gig look like? Was there a thread about that outing..or at least some posting 'bout it? My brain fails me in remembering that at this moment.

blond I recall that much.

ME TOO! I was wondering when someone else was going to mention this. :p My ears perked up when Russell started talking it. :D I wanna know.

What did the woman who went with him to the NYD gig look like? Was there a thread about that outing..or at least some posting 'bout it? My brain fails me in remembering that at this moment.

When I saw Morrissey last week at Russell's first show, he was there with a female friend who had short brown hair. She sat on his right and Merck sat on his left. I am not sure if this is the same woman they spoke about.

What exactly did he say? I think I missed that bit... :o

just something about Morrissey bringing her to meet russell and Russell was a bit over awed at Morrissey and could not respond appropriately so Morrissey pushed Russell towards Sarah and lifted his arm in order for Sarah to shake his hand hahahahah! I really do feel sorry for Russell a bit, I bet its the best thing ever and the worse thing to be in Morrissey's company.

Am I the only one who keeps playing this interview over and over again? I love it! I downloaded it from ITunes podcasts yesterday and have listened to it three times since then. It is fabulous and fun! :)

^no i've been doing that too! :)

I finally listened to it and it was ace. I saved it for ages because I just knew it would be worth it. Russells podcasts are the highlight of my week without the moz.
I love Russell and Morrissey's voice... well, I could listen forever (and will).

Am I the only one who keeps playing this interview over and over again? I love it! I downloaded it from ITunes podcasts yesterday and have listened to it three times since then. It is fabulous and fun! :)

I finally listened to it and it was ace. I saved it for ages because I just knew it would be worth it. Russells podcasts are the highlight of my week without the moz.
I love Russell and Morrissey's voice... well, I could listen forever (and will).

FYI for anyone who only listened to the podcast, they cut a little of Moz's bit out. I didn't listen to the whole podcast b/c I stopped as soon as I realized they had edited Moz's part, so I don't know how much of it is missing, and it may only be a few seconds. But... if you're like me and you want to hear every single second of Morrissey talking :)o) it would be worth it to download the whole show and if you want just fast forward to Morrissey. (I highly recommend listening to the whole show b/c it was very good beginning to end, although a certain guest in the middle part of it was by far the highlight. ;))

FYI for anyone who only listened to the podcast, they cut a little of Moz's bit out. I didn't listen to the whole podcast b/c I stopped as soon as I realized they had edited Moz's part, so I don't know how much of it is missing, and it may only be a few seconds. But... if you're like me and you want to hear every single second of Morrissey talking :)o) it would be worth it to download the whole show and if you want just fast forward to Morrissey. (I highly recommend listening to the whole show b/c it was very good beginning to end, although a certain guest in the middle part of it was by far the highlight. ;))

I thought so too. In the original didn't Morrissey stay and participate in the Seth Rogan part o fthe interview? I don't recall hearing it on the podcast. Although I was only listening with my "good listening ears" when Morrissey's interview was on.

I thought so too. In the original didn't Morrissey stay and participate in the Seth Rogan part o fthe interview? I don't recall hearing it on the podcast. Although I was only listening with my "good listening ears" when Morrissey's interview was on.

No he left right before Seth came on. They cut out the very beginning when he came in, and the bit where they talk about Russell signing a copy of his Booky Wook for Morrissey, and Morrissey says he would never say he "wants" him to or something like that. Beyond that point, I don't know what they cut, b/c I stopped listening and switched back to the original interview. :o

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a94575/brand-struggled-with-morrissey-interview.html
"Russell Brand has admitted that interviewing Morrissey for his BBC Radio 2 show proved difficult.:p
The comedian turned actor revealed that the former Smiths frontman is an expert at dodging questions.Brand said: "Morrissey wouldn't answer any questions as unintrusive as 'what is your favourite Smiths or Morrissey record?' He wouldn't answer that."
The 32-year-old added that his mother even struggled to get anything out of Morrissey when she quizzed him about his cat.
"I said to him we were going to do this thing where my mum asks a question and she goes, 'Oh, where's your cat?' and he goes, 'Where's your cat?'" Brand said.
Despite his caginess, Brand said he still admired the rocker.
He explained: "I love him all the more. I've spent some time with him. Morrissey does not disappoint. He is precisely what you would hope for."

Retrospective reappraisl of what Moz's tunes are all about Part 1:

I think "I like you" is about Russell Brand - lyrics are perfect for the way they both are.

(Seeing as morrissey predicted the demise of Diana!?! (Lol) could that song's lyrics actually have forseen his friendship with Brando?)

That interview is pure gold.

Tags
interview russell brand
Back
Top Bottom