Russell Brand discusses Moz on the Tonight show last night

Mars_Rover

I don't know if this show was a re-run or not -- my apologies if this has already been discussed -- but Russell Brand was a guest on Jay Leno's "The Tonight Show" last night. He mentioned that his cat is named Morrissey. Jay said, "Oh like the singer? I take it you're a fan. Have you met him."

Russell (what is he on, by the way, and where can I get some?) said "several times" and proceeded to describe Mr. Morrissey as "a very guarded gentleman" who answers every question, no matter how impersonal or banal, with an evasive response. He described how Moz was a guest on his radio show, and Brand's mother was in attendance. She asked him, "where's you cat?" and -- here Russell imitates Morrissey as rolling his eyes in exasperation, and droning, "Where's YOUR cat?"

I don't know if this show was a re-run or not -- my apologies if this has already been discussed -- but Russell Brand was a guest on Jay Leno's "The Tonight Show" last night. He mentioned that his cat is named Morrissey. Jay said, "Oh like the singer? I take it you're a fan. Have you met him."

Russell (what is he on, by the way, and where can I get some?) said "several times" and proceeded to describe Mr. Morrissey as "a very guarded gentleman" who answers every question, no matter how impersonal or banal, with an evasive response. He described how Moz was a guest on his radio show, and Brand's mother was in attendance. She asked him, "where's you cat?" and -- here Russell imitates Morrissey as rolling his eyes in exasperation, and droning, "Where's YOUR cat?"

Did it take long to wake up Jay's audience, or did they just turn the fire hoses on them?

He described how Moz was a guest on his radio show, and Brand's mother was in attendance. She asked him, "where's you cat?" and -- here Russell imitates Morrissey as rolling his eyes in exasperation, and droning, "Where's YOUR cat?"

God, that's so rude!! If Morrissey was like that to my mother I'd give him such a smack!

God, that's so rude!! If Morrissey was like that to my mother I'd give him such a smack!

haha he wasn't rude to Russell's mother...you should download the radio show and give it a listen. Russell was just poking fun at Moz.

Russell Brand was a guest on Jay Leno's "The Tonight Show" last night. He mentioned that his cat is named Morrissey. Jay said, "Oh like the singer? I take it you're a fan. Have you met him."

Jay Leno was probably like, "Oh, I've never met him myself." Hahah he's just horrible. We need Conan at 11:30.

*Yes, I used the word "like." Sue me. I'm from California.

Russell (what is he on, by the way, and where can I get some?)

In order to reach the mental state of Russel Brand one would have return to childhood and experience a life of isolation, followed by a grandure dose of theatrical debauchery supported by a heavy addiction to drugs and alcohol, after which, an episode of detoxing and contact with Hare Krishnas would initiate a new lease of life! And of course the important addition of being a fanatical Morrisey fan!

Did it take long to wake up Jay's audience, or did they just turn the fire hoses on them?

The audience was very responsive to Russell - he got a lot of laughs. He's quite outrageous and a bit of a freak in some ways, but he's strangely likeable & sympathetic as well. I still don't like his hair though.

Trouble with Russell is he's running out of material. Every time I see him these days he's repeating himself. He's doing what I thought he might do, saying yes too much and spreading himself very thinly.

I was so excited when I turn on the TV and there he was. I like Russell alot. I don't think this is a rerun. I think this is Russell's second time on the show. Anyway, he was funny. I don't love his hair either. He's a handsome man but that teased hair in the back kills me....and not in a good way.

Tags
russell brand
Back
Top Bottom