"Kit" - No Longer Keeping It Hidden

An anonymous person writes:

Kit.
Oh, Kit. You really do exist.
This song is just too beautiful not to be heard & shared amongst Morrissey fans everywhere. My apologies in advance for the somewhat degraded quality. Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hs99bw9h1dpdh1a

PS- If anyone out there is good at cleaning up old audio, please feel free to do so and then kindly share it back here so that we may all have a cleaner copy. Thank you, David, for maintaining this site throughout the years. Your work is appreciated. And that is why the news of this song is debuting on your site.

Some background:

According to Mozipedia, "Kit" (Morrissey/Boorer) is a "Studio outtake from the 1997 Maladjusted album sessions".

"Kit" lyrics - bozboorer.com

Update Jan. 6, 11:40 PM PT:

Song on YouTube via the InMozWeTrust Facebook page:

Last edited:
Anyone still want to insist that anonymous posting should be prohibited? Anybody?

Kudos to davidt.

it appears the file is no longer available. Any chance someone can re-upload it? thanks in advance

What's that noise?

Oh - it's the sound of Morrissey's lawyers on their merry way.

marginally better than "People Are the Same Everywhere," mainly for the "risk a smile" lyric.

this should be properly recorded- from one listen, it's as good or better than much of what he's done since (similar to how "You Should Have Been Nice To Me" is the best thing he's released post-Maladjusted).

Interesting choice of words David, "No longer keeping it hidden". It implies a change of heart. That which was once carefully guarded, either by explicit or implicit instruction, is now purposefully being distributed (in defiance?). Is there a background story to be told?

Interesting choice of words David, "No longer keeping it hidden". It implies a change of heart. That which was once carefully guarded, either by explicit or implicit instruction, is now purposefully being distributed (in defiance?). Is there a background story to be told?

The anonymous person actually wrote the title and body of the post, not me.

yeah there is a background story, Boz composes it and it played it live [acoustic, if I'm right]

The difference is that some real fan had an promo [as it seemed to be planned for release or b-side]
that kind person shares this, a newyears pres[id]ent with us

Morrissey will ofcourse send his lawyers David a letter, but instead of re - releasing every day is like sunday,
he could have done this

happy 2012

to be on-topic, it gives it another touch if Morrissey sings it.

:thumb:

Last edited:
yeah there is a background story, Boz composes it and it played it live [acoustic, if I'm right]

The difference is that some real fan had an promo [as it seemed to be planned for release or b-side]
that kind person shares this, a newyears pres[id]ent with us

Morrissey will ofcourse send his lawyers David a letter, but instead of re - releasing every day is like sunday,
he could have done this

happy 2012

to be on-topic, it gives it another touch if Morrissey sings it.

:thumb:

I doubt that this has been taken from a promo quality recording - it sounds like a digital version of a cassette recording, that may have passed through several hands before being ripped.

Thanks to whoever the anonymous leaker is. Are there other versions that might see the light of day; better sound quality, extra final verse?

Dave

Wow, fantastic to hear this after all these years! Many thanks to "Anonymous" (one of the good ones).
The opening guitars almost have a retro Italo-rock feel to them (partially due to the quality?). Pseudo-military drum beat is effective. Solid composition from Boz -- at 2:15 it sounds like it's segueing into Now My Heart is Full. The outro would've been great rendered by a full blown brass band. Somehow the song is a bit too "epic" for the subject matter at hand. It's very, very similar to Sunny, which had the perfect musical foil for the words. I realize it's a demo but I find the vocal melody one of Morrissey's less interesting. No surprises in terms of the phrasing or timing that he often comes up with, IMHO.If I were to hazard a guess out of thin air I'd say Morrissey realized he had basically done the song before (Sunny) and done it more cohesively. Why the music wasn't repurposed later is a real mystery, though!

Wasn't there a thread a while back about the existence of "Kit"? Some guy/gal posted the full lyrics and all then disappeared when the heat in the kitchen rose to uncomfortable degrees! Is this the same person who has posted this on YT?

Back
Top Bottom