Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

Yeah, that's kind of how I'm seeing it now. Since I like to collect all version of Smiths/Morrissey colored vinyl, I have another one coming to me from someone as I wanted to try to get all the combinations. But I don't think I really consider them different colors/versions, etc.

Unless they came out and said “this is all intentionally different color combinations” and had actual #s of what was pressed, I say it’s all one version.

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

I’m thinking it’s one version, just variations on a theme.

Yeah, now that I've seen two sets with four LPs in varying shades of pink/orange, I really do think it just comes down to haphazard ratios of pigments that were mixed for the primary and marbling colors when they were manufactured.

Mine has arrived in Oz but not my house as of yet. Fingers crossed for mandarin and musk.

I wonder if now that the album is taken off iTunes (in the U.S.) if the iTunes version is worth anything....jk

My 2 copies arrived today. I opened 1, and my colours are *drumroll*

1 is pink [with orange & yellow marbling], the other is salmon coloured. I haven't opened the other copy.......yet. I wanted to keep that one [well...both, tbh] shrink wrapped as I already have the ultimate bundle vinyl.. But, being the impatient creature that I am, I just couldn't wait.

I've already listened to my HT version a couple times. I rotate between that and the black vinyl one I got with my bundle. ;)

Hi,

As of time of this post, Hot Topic still shows this out of stock. Is there any way to confirm IF a second pressing was ordered; and if so, did those sell out and it's gone forever or are they waiting for stock to arrive? Whew! Sorry for run-on sentence. Hot Topic, even their buyer Scott (?) have been totally useless in providing much information.

Any insight appreciated.

I think right now everything is in limbo, sadly. :(

Hi,

As of time of this post, Hot Topic still shows this out of stock. Is there any way to confirm IF a second pressing was ordered; and if so, did those sell out and it's gone forever or are they waiting for stock to arrive? Whew! Sorry for run-on sentence. Hot Topic, even their buyer Scott (?) have been totally useless in providing much information.

Any insight appreciated.

I just checked Hot Topic's website, and this doesn't even show up on their site at all. With the Harvest relationship over, I'm pretty sure it's finished.
There are multiple copies up on EBay right now for a reasonable enough price.

I'd go that route if I was you. If it's really now out of print, the EBay prices will go up soon.

Hi,

Any insight appreciated.

If you had read the thread you would find the answers you are seeking

-YES, a second pressing has been confirmed
-NO, they have not been sold or allocated in a pre sale yet

'Travis' has given all the information needed at this point, i'm not sure what more you expect?

Hi,

Any insight appreciated.

There's a tonne of them on ebay.

If you had read the thread you would find the answers you are seeking

-YES, a second pressing has been confirmed
-NO, they have not been sold or allocated in a pre sale yet

'Travis' has given all the information needed at this point, i'm not sure what more you expect?

Wasn't the second pressing announced before we knew Harvest dropped Morrissey? They won't be making anything with a Morrissey label anytime soon.

Please define "reasonable enough." I just looked and the vultures are selling them for $50-100 with only one currently at $26 but has 10 bids and will likely increase.

The independent record store near my house has one copy of WPINOYB on vinyl. The other 3 sold. I was just in there today.

Please define "reasonable enough." I just looked and the vultures are selling them for $50-100 with only one currently at $26 but has 10 bids and will likely increase.

$50 isn't much for a limited 100 pressing of an exclusive Morrissey release. The longer you wait the more the price will go up. You certainly aren't going to get any from anywhere else.

I agree $50 is a pretty good price. I doubt you'll be able to find it anywhere near that price in the future. Especially since no more copies are allowed to be sold anymore since Harvest dropped him.

One of my orange records has a thread imbedded in the vinyl. I don't think I can play it.

One of my orange records has a thread imbedded in the vinyl. I don't think I can play it.

Geezus I've never heard of that happening before. More genius from Harvest.

Mine has finally hit the UK and has been held in customs for a week. Now they're charging me extra. I got two... one for me, one for a friend. Sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom