Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (flourescent orange) of "World Peace...

For those concerned that the LP won't be available to purchase online, there are several Hot Topic exclusive items listed on their website. The Every Time I Die LP, for instance, is also on orange vinyl and limited to 600 copies (even fewer copies than WPINOYB). So, it stands to reason that the Morrissey record will also be available online. Of course, we won't know for sure until the release date...

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Music/Vinyl.jsp

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (flourescent orange) of "World Peace...

For those concerned that the LP won't be available to purchase online, there are several Hot Topic exclusive items listed on their website. The Every Time I Die LP, for instance, is also on orange vinyl and limited to 600 copies (even fewer copies than WPINOYB). So, it stands to reason that the Morrissey record will also be available online. Of course, we won't know for sure until the release date...

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Music/Vinyl.jsp

Thanks for the heads up.

maybe ill stop at the hot topic in baltimore and just see whats there. might by it just for the resale value or bragging rights alone.

The mall that I usually frequent is being renovated and I showed up Saturday to find Hot Topic gone and boarded up...at least temporarily.
Luckily there are a few others within driving distance. I wonder what the cover will look like?

The mall that I usually frequent is being renovated and I showed up Saturday to find Hot Topic gone and boarded up...at least temporarily.
Luckily there are a few others within driving distance. I wonder what the cover will look like?

It'll probably just be the same

I think this has already been established, but to quadruple-confirm, I just got an email from Hot Topic saying that the release has indeed been pushed back to August 5.

Their main customer service hours are over now, but I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get a definitive answer about whether it'll be in-store/online only.

I think this has already been established, but to quadruple-confirm, I just got an email from Hot Topic saying that the release has indeed been pushed back to August 5.

Their main customer service hours are over now, but I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get a definitive answer about whether it'll be in-store/online only.

I just got the same email "Unfortunately the manufacturer was unable to provide us with this item by the date we hoped for. The release date for the Morrissey LP has been pushed back. We anticipate the release date to be 8/5"

I'll check online at midnight and then check the store in the morning!

This image makes me lol every time I click this thread.

Im telling you guys, there is no need for confirmation THIS WILL BE ONLINE AND INSTORE, its been said so many times.

I got an email from Hottopic and indeed the release date is now 5th August. I have also asked if they' ll be online too (just to be sure) , waiting for a reply...

Cheers Moz

All their exclusives are sold online and in store, this will be online 100%.

Im telling you guys, there is no need for confirmation THIS WILL BE ONLINE AND INSTORE, its been said so many times.

Yesterday you said it would be online 100%, which I thought meant that it would (for whatever reason) be online-only. Did you mean that you're 100% sure it will be available online? Not trying to be difficult here, but I think this misunderstanding could be the source of the confusion. Thanks for sharing what you know, I appreciate it!

Yesterday you said it would be online 100%, which I thought meant that it would (for whatever reason) be online-only. Did you mean that you're 100% sure it will be available online? Not trying to be difficult here, but I think this misunderstanding could be the source of the confusion. Thanks for sharing what you know, I appreciate it!

why does everyone have a needy desire to break news even tho they have no basis for it, some saying it's not going to be online, some 100% sure it will be, you's know f*** all till it actually comes out.

why does everyone have a needy desire to break news even tho they have no basis for it, some saying it's not going to be online, some 100% sure it will be, you's know f*** all till it actually comes out.

It's not about breaking news, it's about wanting to know where the thing will be available, as not all of us live next door to a Hot Topic. This is very limited item that will sell out very quickly, and those wishing to buy it may need to make advance arrangements. It's not as though Hot Topic is a fortress of secret plans, surely we can get a definitive answer before August 5th!

Just because you're an ignorant f*** does't mean everyone else is.

Just because you're an ignorant f*** does't mean everyone else is.

Haha you've been waiting to say that all day. Now tell me, do you feel better? ;)

I asked them about selling the vinyl online and this is what they had to say....

I can confirm the release date (5/8) The variables involved prevent me from a guarantee. However we will do enthusiastically everything possible to make it happen.

Let's see what happens now....

Cheer Moz

It'll be online unless Harvest cockblocks them at the last second...as of now, the plan is for it to be available online. Don't worry, not a lot of people are going to be looking for these. There will be enough for everybody.

It'll be online unless Harvest cockblocks them at the last second...as of now, the plan is for it to be available online. Don't worry, not a lot of people are going to be looking for these. There will be enough for everybody.

Thanks god

Back
Top Bottom