Article: "Morrissey Slams Jimmy Kimmel, Accuses Him of Making Fun of Gun Control, Depression, Obesit

morrissey sides with morrissey.... pitchfork are running with moz's recent comments about last nights show

Morrissey Slams Jimmy Kimmel, Accuses Him of Making Fun of Gun Control, Depression, Obesity - Pitchfork

Excerpt:

Morrissey has now issued the following statement in response to Kimmel:

'I was disappointed with last night’s Jimmy Kimmel Show wherein our smiling host managed to ridicule depression (70% of Americans suffer from depression according to the National Institute of Mental Health). He then found time to ridicule healthy eating (the obesity epidemic in the U.S. costs $147 billion per year in medical expenditure), and he also ridiculed the notion that animals should be entitled to the possession of their own lives. Furthermore, he found time to jokingly promote gun-ownership - hugely amusing for the parents at Sandy Hook, no doubt. He also promoted his special guests Duck Dynasty – who kill beings for fun. None of the above issues are, of course, as important as Jimmy Kimmel himself, who has finally revealed his show to have an overwhelming loss of meaning. Tune in and relive the intellectual fog of the 1950s.'

UPDATE Feb. 28, 12:30 AM PT:

Uncleskinny posted the response on Jimmy Kimmel's Twitter with a link to the cover of You Are The Quarry:

@jimmykimmel - 2:50 PM - Feb 27, 2013

note to Morrissey - if you have more dumb statements to make, I invite you to make them where I do, on my show http://pic.twitter.com/6QOc5uV4O7

kimmel_tweet_20130227.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Morrissey Slams Jimmy Kimmel, Accuses Him of Making Fun of Gun Control,

Since you commented on this subject, can you elucidate further on how his comments on this subject will 'change the world'?

P.

I did not mean that those comment would directly change the world. Instead, I meant that his whole persona is meant to accomplish that feat. Maybe 'staying in bed' got boring.

Re: Article: "Morrissey Slams Jimmy Kimmel, Accuses Him of Making Fun of Gun Control,

When was the last time Morrissey actually engaged with those he denigrates? I cannot recall such an occasion where he's been on TV or radio and actually expressed his deeply held views with someone who he disagrees with or has previously heaped opprobrium upon. Has it happened? Any links? I mean, heaven forfend he says stuff and then runs away or stick his fingers in his ears.

P.

Exactly, Peter.

Lest we forget that he had the opportunity to engage directly with David Cameron on the Andrew Marr Show a few years ago and, if I'm remembering things rightly, he (surprise, surprise) phoned in sick. Pathetic.

I was just watching the news and they were talking about this spat between Morrissey and Jimmy Kimmel and they referred to Kimmel as a "comedic genius." Jimmy Kimmel is as synonymous with comedic genius as pink champagne is to astroturf!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom