Andy Rourke Denies Involvement in “Classically Smiths” Concerts - Pitchfork

The plot thickens. Is Andy in or out? This just posted on Pitchfork

Andy Rourke Denies Involvement in “Classically Smiths” Concerts - Pitchfork
Rep claims promoter fabricated quote from Rourke in press release

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 11.17.00 AM.png

The Smiths' Andy Rourke Denies Involvement in Orchestral Concerts - Rolling Stone. Link posted by Famous when dead
"At no time did I give my consent for anyone in connection with this Classically Smiths project to act on my behalf," bassist says

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for Mike to say his Twitter was hacked and forget the whole thing.

Meanwhile Morrissey is having a great day.
I do like the thought of Morrissey relaxing with a scone and cuppa and chuckling to himself. He's had a rough go lately. A little schadenfreude for that ex co-worker who never quite made it back to the middle might be just what the doctor ordered.

If they did you'd be lucky to get a ticket cos it would be full of wanks standing up the front talking and tweeting about where they are, and other wanks who hate everthing Moz has done since The Smiths.
The former wanks could then be seen at the next Elton John or Billy Joel or Ed Sheeran gigs because its all about 'the event' and telling people about it.
Those are my least favorite types in the crowd. Shut up and enjoy, or snap a selfie with your back to the stage in the first few songs and f*** off. Iggy Pop's crowd was lousy with that type when he played Portland. All of them in tight pants and too-new Stooges shirts.

Despite the daft discourse I’m reading here - thankfully - The Smiths are dead.

Nobody needs to see a half-wit, cut-rate, off-strip Vegas hack stretch to reach the impossibility of his youth. Morrissey would literally drop, like a f***ing stone. He doesn’t have the energy, grace, voice or balls to pull it off anyway.

...and the chances of one of the greatest living guitarists wanting to be a part of such a sad parade are nil.

Back to bed with the lot of you.

I'll echo other posters' assumptions that Rourke knows if he did this it would kill any chance of a reunion with M and M. I find it very hard to believe he was oblivious to this project; to me it's much more likely that once Johnny got wind of it he talked some sense into him; possibly dangled a reunion carrot, who knows.

As a matter of fact, Johnny was in New York hanging out with Andy a few weeks ago. Maybe he gave Andy a talking to.

Many of you are taking all of this far too seriously.

Settle down.

I guess Bad Production Ltd is worthy of it's name.

Hope Andy sues their ass and Joyce too ! just for being Joyce.

;)

I reckon John Maher would kick fat Andy's ass in a game of one on one at John's backyard basketball court at his house in Portland, Oregon. Go Mank City United m8!

As a matter of fact, Johnny was in New York hanging out with Andy a few weeks ago. Maybe he gave Andy a talking to.

Don't think Andy needs to be given a 'talking to' by anyone. We can all see through Mike Joyce's cash grab shenanigans. Andy can think for himself, sometimes I get the impression that people see him as some ex-heroin addict bass player pushover simpleton, which is a little unfair.

Tags
classically smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom