All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - TTY

Press release - true-to-you.net

26 October 2012

All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell. Due to issues with his mother's health, Morrissey will need to remain by her side during this difficult period.

Those who have already purchased tickets for all upcoming dates are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced shortly.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience as the shows are being prepared for a swift reschedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think by using fairly shallow 'logic', since disagreeable / tasteless posts appear on the site I as the site owner must have some motivation for allowing them. I think the 'revenge' conspiracy theory might have some legs if I were actively deleting 'positive' comments but that simply doesn't happen. For every 50 positive comments on the site maybe 1 or 2 are negative, but people choose to focus on the negative. They actually give them more power than the positive ones by giving them more attention.

I and the mods get as much abuse as anyone, just look at the recent responses in the thread. Ultimately what appears on the site is my responsibility and I choose not to censor. You can reply to posts freely unless you have violated the site's TOS (such as posting private information) or you can choose to ignore posts / posters. I know mods would run it a different way just as probably you or anyone else would. There is nothing stopping people from starting their own site or choosing to support others.

Do I approve of the 'tasteless' jokes? No, but I chose to leave them as:

1. By the time I saw them, there were already many replies to them.
2. Looking at Skylarker's post, perhaps it's not just senseless trolling. If a tree falls in the forest, etc.
3. I use the Norway analogy as I find it very similar, should I or other media outlets censor the reference as many deemed it insensitive? What's said can't be unsaid, that's reality.

Then you do understand why you've been banned? And why it's richly deserved, given this very thread? I only hope that when you have to take time off to take care of a sick loved one, that you are treated the same as Morrissey is being treated in this thread.

Then you do understand why you've been banned? And why it's richly deserved, given this very thread? I only hope that when you have to take time off to take care of a sick loved one, that you are treated the same as Morrissey is being treated in this thread.

Yes, I get it, some people actually do want censorship.

You say that nobody knows how anyone else is "in real life", yet you claim to know that Morrissey gives a shit about his fans and is furthermore spiteful and childish. Ok.

I know because of comments he's directly and explicitly made repeated times. I'm not claiming an intimate working knowledge of his mind of personal life nor is such a prerequisite for the statement I made.

PS...if you're going to continue this, you may wanna learn how to write or at least how to type. If you read your comment back, it doesn't make any sense, and there are egregious embedding typos.

I realize that in having lost the privilege to register a username when you were banned, you have thereby lost the option to re-edit your posts after publishing them if and when you notice first draft mistakes; so bearing that in mind, since you are continuing to cling to the scraps afforded you kindly by David so that your obnoxious voice may still yet be heard...at least proofread before posting.

It'll make your drivel slightly more coherent.

Haha, here we go again with your adoloescent notions of free speech and censorship!

The reason you were banned is because actions have consequences, as anyone can see.

I know because of comments he's directly and explicitly made repeated times. I'm not claiming an intimate working knowledge of his mind of personal life nor is such a prerequisite for the statement I made.

And equally, despite not knowing you in real life, I KNOW that you are a bitter arsehole, since you mock people for expressing sympathy with someone who is worthy to them. On a site which is supposed to be dedicated to him. When a celebrity dies, people tend to go to their houses and lay down flowers. Also, people arrange funerals. Do you pass by to tell them how utterly pointless they behave? Do you make fun of them and mock them for showing compassion?

The rest of your post is not worthy to comment on, other than that I can literally detect how good it makes you feel to try to bring me down with your felt eloquence. English is not my mother tongue, for Christ's sake.

PS...if you're going to continue this, you may wanna learn how to write or at least how to type. If you read your comment back, it doesn't make any sense, and there are egregious embedding typos.

I realize that in having lost the privilege to register a username when you were banned, you have thereby lost the option to re-edit your posts after publishing them if and when you notice first draft mistakes; so bearing that in mind, since you are continuing to cling to the scraps afforded you kindly by David so that your obnoxious voice may still yet be heard...at least proofread before posting.

It'll make your drivel slightly more coherent.

Haha, you know NOTHING.

And it's a bit rich for you to suggest people "learn how to write" given some of your own posts. You have no credibility and no special insight, so why not stop embarrassing yourself?

could david and the mods please explain what the point of this odious little site is since they all seem to be making it clear that they hate Morrissey as a person, hate his band, his music, hate his public statements and hate his political viewpoints? im being serious. i just don't get why anyone with so much hatred would bother going to the expense of maintaining this site

How is moving some posts to the pigsty as you claim you have done already in this thread NOT censorship? How is requiring anon posts to be moderator-approved before displaying them NOT censorship? You are clearly censoring opinions on this site all the time.

How is moving some posts to the pigsty as you claim you have done already in this thread NOT censorship? How is requiring anon posts to be moderator-approved before displaying them NOT censorship? You are clearly censoring opinions on this site all the time.

Well then sign in and post then if you don't like anonymous posting. What have you got to lose?

P.

Well then sign in and post then if you don't like anonymous posting. What have you got to lose?

P.

You completely (and probably intentionally) miss the point. The point was that censoring DOES happen on this site, permanently. Despite you and davidt claiming that censorship is so very bad and that the big plus of solow is that people can express ANY opinion. They can't. That's the point.

could david and the mods please explain what the point of this odious little site is since they all seem to be making it clear that they hate Morrissey as a person, hate his band, his music, hate his public statements and hate his political viewpoints? im being serious. i just don't get why anyone with so much hatred would bother going to the expense of maintaining this site

Site administrator and the moderators DO NOT HATE Morrissey nor his current band members.

You mixed up with less than 10 registered users out of 900 who criticise Morrissey and his current band members.
They are entitled to express their opinion as you do.

Last edited:

As you've stated it, it would make no sense to maintain the site. I would suggest the reason is that your assumptions are incorrect.

I can't feign an emotional reaction to it because I have no personal investment in the situation. That's what I'm mocking...not some old lady's failing health and possible impending death, but how all of you people are sending all your get-well-soon well wishes to Morrissey.. It's not that doing such a thing is inherently pathetic, but because your motives are smelly. You think you KNOW Morrissey, you think you feel close to him...but he doesn't know you or care about you. AT ALL. He is nothing to you other than a popstar and as a pop star his relevance is noteworthy....but it ends there where your specific personal awareness of him is concerned. You clowns don't realize that though. You think it is a personal relationship; the whole lot of you are deranged.

Skylarker, I think what you are not realising is that for the sane majority, getting personal thanks from Morrissey (or even expecting him to acknowledge our existence) really doesn't matter and isn't why those good wishes are posted. Nobody is expecting him to come and pat them on the back and say "Oh, thanks everyone, I couldn't have coped with you!" - that would be stupid.

Do you remember this? It's Morrissey's eulogy for Shelagh Delaney.
http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_111121_02

As far as I know, Shelagh never met Morrissey, will have heard his name only in passing and in all likelihood didn't give a single f*** about who he was or what he might think about anything. But the fact that he was a nobody to her didn't stop him expressing grief and posting a tribute when she died, did it? It was enough that her art had meant a lot to him and he wanted to give something back. That is why people are posting their sympathy on here - not because they harbour some delusion that the admiration is reciprocated.

I'll also add that I don't, for one single second, buy your "He's just a pop star and I don't give a shit about the rest" line. People who think Morrissey is just a pop star, or a creative dead-end by 1987, don't register on forums such as this and spend weeks and months dissecting his every word and composing lengthy arguments about how and why he's a useless bastard of a person and a complete has-been as an artist. It doesn't make sense to put that much time and effort into such a futile task if you hate the individual behind it all. I think the real underlying issue for you, Viva, Nothappynotsad, me and all the sceptics generally - is a deep sense of disappointment in Morrissey, as a person and as an artist, in recent years. If he really was "just a pop star" then I'm certain you wouldn't feel that disappointment, and you definitely wouldn't rage about it so exhaustively.

All you people bleating about theis being a hate site - did you miss all those posts praising Morrisseys recent performances? Maybe you'd like those banned too? Or perhaps you only want the posts banned that are not hateful in your eyes? And what about the hateful ones to David, myself and other? Would you want those banned too? Or maybe you only want those banned that appear to besmirch Morrissey?

P.

All you people bleating about theis being a hate site - did you miss all those posts praising Morrisseys recent performances? Maybe you'd like those banned too? Or perhaps you only want the posts banned that are not hateful in your eyes? And what about the hateful ones to David, myself and other? Would you want those banned too? Or maybe you only want those banned that appear to besmirch Morrissey?

P.

Love 'besmirch.' Top-notch verb.

That's called moderation, the content of the posts aren't deleted. The anonymous posts need approval as that was instituted recently due to requests for increased moderation, now people are complaining about that. Clearly, there will be some that never going to be happy until there are no dissenting opinions to their own, such as true-to-you.net where no actual comments are allowed.

Skylarker, I think what you are not realising is that for the sane majority, getting personal thanks from Morrissey (or even expecting him to acknowledge our existence) really doesn't matter and isn't why those good wishes are posted. Nobody is expecting him to come and pat them on the back and say "Oh, thanks everyone, I couldn't have coped with you!" - that would be stupid.

As far as I know, Shelagh never met Morrissey, will have heard his name only in passing and in all likelihood didn't give a single f*** about who he was or what he might think about anything. But the fact that he was a nobody to her didn't stop him expressing grief and posting a tribute when she died, did it? It was enough that her art had meant a lot to him and he wanted to give something back. That is why people are posting their sympathy on here - not because they harbour some delusion that the admiration is reciprocated.

I'll also add that I don't, for one single second, buy your "He's just a pop star and I don't give a shit about the rest" line. People who think Morrissey is just a pop star, or a creative dead-end by 1987, don't register on forums such as this and spend weeks and months dissecting his every word and composing lengthy arguments about how and why he's a useless bastard of a person and a complete has-been as an artist. It doesn't make sense to put that much time and effort into such a futile task if you hate the individual behind it all. I think the real underlying issue for you, Viva, Nothappynotsad, me and all the sceptics generally - is a deep sense of disappointment in Morrissey, as a person and as an artist, in recent years. If he really was "just a pop star" then I'm certain you wouldn't feel that disappointment, and you definitely wouldn't rage about it so exhaustively.

This was so elegantly, sanely stated. Nice one, Amy.

Perfectly stated.

Back
Top Bottom