Morrissey Central "94 Years Old Today" (August 4, 2021)

94 Years Old Today
August 4, 2021

unnamed-1_pqst2q.jpg

James Baldwin would have turned 97 on 2 August 2021.

I was 53 on Monday and I’ve always liked new music...

OMD, Blancmange, Gary, Kraftwerk
We’re all bands I enjoyed well before The Smiths..
So I never thought you could or even should only be able to be into one type of music....

Remember the 80s had so much to offer for a young lad...

Teddy boys
Punk
Ska
Electronic
Rap
House
Acid
Indie
But I still preferred the 90s ....
On Sunday night during a birthday celebration I was enjoying Drum and base ....
Oh Coventry
So much to answer for ....
You reminded me when you said Coventry: I recently bought the remastered 'Ghost Town' by The Specials. With the excellent 'Friday Night, Saturday Morning' and 'Why' b-sides. Then I remembered I have the original 7" but not thought of it in years. Fantastic music.

I go out on Friday night and I come home on Saturday morning
But two o'clock has come again
It's time to leave this paradise
Hope the chip shop isn't closed
Cos' their pies are really nice
I'll eat in the taxi queue
Standing in someone else's spew
Wish I had lipstick on my shirt
Instead of piss stains on my shoes.

You reminded me when you said Coventry: I recently bought the remastered 'Ghost Town' by The Specials. With the excellent 'Friday Night, Saturday Morning' and 'Why' b-sides. Then I remembered I have the original 7" but not thought of it in years. Fantastic music.

I go out on Friday night and I come home on Saturday morning
But two o'clock has come again
It's time to leave this paradise
Hope the chip shop isn't closed
Cos' their pies are really nice
I'll eat in the taxi queue
Standing in someone else's spew
Wish I had lipstick on my shirt
Instead of piss stains on my shoes.

How beautiful and poetic

View attachment 75115
Just because someone admires someone else doesn't mean the first someone is exempt from eviscerating criticism for a pattern of inflammatory trolling of sensitive issues including immigration, cultural assimilation vs diversity- and now: cultural appropriation.

What gives Morrissey legitimacy in referencing JB?

What next?

James Brown before the lights go down? Clownery.

If Morrissey is delusional enough to think that adding a few non-white icons to his 'altar of influences' this late in the game resolves and dissolves his previous 'problematic' utterances on Black and Brown folk, not to mention 'The Chinese As Subspecies' then he is as thick as this 2 by 4...

BB
You are of course referring to his comment that people that eat dogs are a subspecies, maybe a bit of hyperbole, but I agree, dogs deserve a better fate than the dinner table, and if you need Morrissey to conform to you political correctness in order to enjoy his music then please go away.

I reckon California Son we know you love America more than any other country in the world. I reckon you don't have to prove to us you are a proud American and proud Californian by quoting quotes or feeling the need to put out an album called California Son. We understand dude. chipper curry in hospital at university he doesn't live in LA anymore beach mouth altrichichicham impostor fake photo ops inn n nnn nn n nn n n n n n nnn n it.

Fark Arse!

I reckon California Son we know you love America more than any other country in the world. I reckon you don't have to prove to us you are a proud American and proud Californian by quoting quotes or feeling the need to put out an album called California Son. We understand dude. chipper curry in hospital at university he doesn't live in LA anymore beach mouth altrichichicham impostor fake photo ops inn n nnn nn n nn n n n n n nnn n it.

Fark Arse!
Looks like the .....

Milky bar kid has just injected
His crack cocaine for the hour....

Give it a rest won’t ya....

Middlesbrough 4king Jack 🛎🛎

Is Morrissey deliberately doing this, or is he really so extremely bad with numbers?

He's using James Baldwin's picture to show he's not racist - doesn't care about getting any information right. Shoddy.

Fark Arse!
America is not the world

Maybe they came across an old tweet or Facebook post & didn't check the dates.

He's using James Baldwin's picture to show he's not racist - doesn't care about getting any information right. Shoddy.
As others have already mentioned, Morrissey has been an admirer of James Baldwin all his life. People calling him a racist, are probably not aware of that. Morrissey is definitely not woke, and probably not racist either. He may feel the pressure to show the world he's not racist, but then I would look to his recent collaboration with Thelma Houston (which I liked) or his upcoming work with AP&P Rocky (here I am really curious) for possible evidence, not his references to James Baldwin. Moreover, I don't think that those people who are convinced that Morrissey is a racist would even look at Morrissey Central for confirmation.

I was just asking the question because in the thread about Johnny Marr re-signing to BMG, I saw a poster claiming that Morrissey once said that Marr was 60 when he actually was 57, so I wondered whether there was a pattern here. If it is a joke, then I am afraid that I am not getting it (I admit to being a numerical person).

20210805_022512.jpg

Speaking of James Baldwin - he's being used in a shit-stirring political hoax.

It's in the Independent, but the whole story is in the caption.

Understatement of the century.
You've got this wrong. Stephen Hoffman is not lacking in knowledge, he is lacking in intellect. There's a key difference. Stephen Hoffman is not a stupid person, he just lacks the intellect required to see through right-wing bullshit and therefore believes the propaganda he reads.

At least he knows who the Million Dollar Quartet were, unlike some others on here who should be holding their heads in shame. Unless it was a wind-up. Which I hope for their sakes it was.

Is Morrissey deliberately doing this, or is he really so extremely bad with numbers?
No point whatsoever in doing it deliberately. He adores the guy, why would he want to mess up his age? I just think someone made a mistake. Silly mistake, I might add.

“Age shouldn't affect you. You're either marvellous or you're boring, regardless of your age.”

The baboon at Central with the typewriter needs retiring.
He died in 1987, present tense isn't tasteful.
FWD.
I agree, it's pathetic. In fairness to Spam, he is simply like many on the web who mix their past, future and present tense up .
Hes such a tool though, if their is any margin for error , Spam will arrive in that margin.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom