Morrissey Central "94 Years Old Today" (August 4, 2021)

94 Years Old Today
August 4, 2021

unnamed-1_pqst2q.jpg

James Baldwin would have turned 97 on 2 August 2021.

A coppola days ago I was clearing out some old boxes with junk, especially old letters and postcards, etc., and coincidentially came across these stamps showing James Baldwin at the age of 37 (or 78?) somewhere in the USA on a postcard I had received from Memphis back then...
View attachment 75118

And guess who is on the other side?

Robert Mitchum!
View attachment 75119

And now that I am at it: On another postcard there are these four gentlemen in the legendary Sun Studio in Memphis, Tennessee:

View attachment 75120

So, there is Robert Mitchum again, and also Steve MacQueen. But who are the other two guys?
Help needed! :confused::paranoid::confused:
Jerry lee Lewis is one

Seen this interview with Mr. Baldwin recently.
Guess ABC refused to release it at the time and
now it finally got out.
Mr. Baldwin states plenty super astute and
accurate observations as usual.

Mrs Baldwin seems to have been a great lady too.
z4.png

These two statements are a real juxtapose:

“People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.” - James Baldwin

"Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies." - Morrissey
Just change the second "people" in the first statement with "animals", and both statements are really the same.

The baboon at Central with the typewriter needs retiring.
He died in 1987, present tense isn't tasteful.
FWD.
The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare. In fact, the monkey would almost surely type every possible finite text an infinite number of times.

Chimpanzee_seated_at_typewriter.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

A coppola days ago I was clearing out some old boxes with junk, especially old letters and postcards, etc., and coincidentially came across these stamps showing James Baldwin at the age of 37 (or 78?) somewhere in the USA on a postcard I had received from Memphis back then...
View attachment 75118

Robert Mitchum!
View attachment 75119

And now that I am at it: On another postcard there are these four gentlemen in the legendary Sun Studio in Memphis, Tennessee:

View attachment 75120

So, there is Robert Mitchum again, and also Steve MacQueen. But who are the other two guys?
Robert Mitchum looks great in that picture :p

Your message implies that people cannot and don't change. You also fail to note that Morrissey has always included an abundance of writers, for his "altar of influences." These writers include Wilde, Plath, Sexton, and too many others to mention here.
Agree. I would add that people should change.

Agree. I would add that people should change.
I've changed. Mostly for the worse.

Although....I am far more open to other music now. Back in the mid 80's Moz made it sound sacrilegious to like electronic music or bands like OMD. In the last 10 years I have rediscovered Gary Numan, OMD, Kraftwerk, Blancmange, John Carpenter, etc etc and I love them as much as Moz/Smiths.

I've changed. Mostly for the worse.

Although....I am far more open to other music now. Back in the mid 80's Moz made it sound sacrilegious to like electronic music or bands like OMD. In the last 10 years I have rediscovered Gary Numan, OMD, Kraftwerk, Blancmange, John Carpenter, etc etc and I love them as much as Moz/Smiths.
I was 53 on Monday and I’ve always liked new music...

OMD, Blancmange, Gary, Kraftwerk
We’re all bands I enjoyed well before The Smiths..
So I never thought you could or even should only be able to be into one type of music....

Remember the 80s had so much to offer for a young lad...

Teddy boys
Punk
Ska
Electronic
Rap
House
Acid
Indie
But I still preferred the 90s ....
On Sunday night during a birthday celebration I was enjoying Drum and base ....
Oh Coventry
So much to answer for ....

I have limited knowledge of this guy. Seen a few interviews.....he just annoyed me. Start talking about Thomas Sewell Moz. Baldwin also looked a bit like BeatleJuice from the Howard Stern show...which is a bit off-putting.

Last edited:
View attachment 75118

Robert Mitchum!
View attachment 75119

View attachment 75120

Wtf on you talking about? That's Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom