YATQ 20th Anniversary Special: Jan 26th - Kia Forum, CA / 27th, 2024 - Honda Center, CA (December 1, 2023)

IMG_5518.jpeg

MORRISSEY will perform YOU ARE THE QUARRY in its entirety. Celebrating the landmark album's 20th anniversary, two globally exclusive performances in Southern California: Honda Center in Anaheim on Friday, January 26 and Kia Forum in Los Angeles on Saturday, January 27. Tickets on sale Friday, December 8 at 10AM PT

https://www.ticketmaster.com/morrissey-tickets/artist/770791

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it’s already been mentioned, but the main reason for him to be doing these whole album arena gigs, must be to show major labels (even Columbia) that he still has a large audience, so as to get a contract, I’m speculating. of course. Though, if asked, he would probably say, he thought it was nice to do and that he thought his fans would like to hear that album done.
I don’t know, these shows are simply an odd move on his part. Having said that, I am really looking forward to hearing it, even if it’s YouTube. Bring it on! 🙃

I’m speculating of course, but the main reason for him to be doing these whole album shows must be to show labels that he still has a large audience, so as to get a contract. Though, if asked, he would probably say, he thought it was nice to do and that he thought his fans would like to hear that album done.
I don’t know, these shows are simply an odd move on his part. Having said that, I am really looking forward to hearing it, even if it’s YouTube. Bring it on! 🙃

If things were well it should have been a big anniversary. 20 years since one of his biggest selling albums. It being what it is, there's nothing. No press. No celebrations of any kind. I got the impression he wanted something.

If things were well it should have been a big anniversary. 20 years since one of his biggest selling albums. It being what it is, there's nothing. No press. No celebrations of any kind. I got the impression he wanted something.

I love the guy, but I hope these poorly chosen venues, no real management & PR, cancellations, and crappy Central offerings, are a wake-up call for him.

I really think he should take 24 off, regroup, and comeback strong in 25.

I agree.

And when he's back, he needs a whole new team in place.

Yep. That’s what I mean by ‘regroup’. I mean get his shit together with a real team if he really wants to move forward. Otherwise, 24
will just be another year for him of .. :head-smack:

in a way, I admire his stubborn nature. But, he must see by now that it can only get him so far.

My prediction is he will continue to ruin his own career.
But you are always with the negativity

Yeah, I don’t mean to be negative. Just calling it as I see it at the moment.

For me it’s like this … I love it that Morrissey loves driving in that old beat up vintage car, but it’s always breaking down! I just want him to get a new vintage car. Keep his vision, but be able to move forward and be happy, or as happy as he can be.

For me it’s like this … I love it that Morrissey loves driving in that old beat up vintage car, but it’s always breaking down! I just want him to get a new vintage car. Keep his vision, but be able to move forward and be happy, or as happy as he can be.

That’s a good way of looking at things. I’m similar, it’s up to him how he goes about doing what he does but he shouldn’t moan when he doesn’t get what he wants.

He seems to have really poor management or he doesn’t listen to them.

I appreciate different perspectives. You’re one of the most thoughtful and considerate posters here zoomy, and I don’t consider you negative. And i definitely hope that he gets all the metaphorical vintage cars that his little heart ever desires :lbf:, and that he’ll be happy (happier?) with future evolutions/developments than many posters here assume he currently must be.

He will always be the one in the drivers seat. The part that frustrates me personally however, is when people are sitting around at home and commenting from their armchairs about everything they can ever think of that they think he did “wrong”, or that they just don’t agree with or don’t like. It’s always VERY easy to find fault in someone else’s actions or decisions, and especially in retrospect.

The second part of what bothers me is that I never ever ever see anyone acknowledge the fact that while he’s in the driver’s seat, surely there must be some concrete factors that come into play, that are not exclusively going to be just under his control alone, as the only determining factor? There is never any nuance or consideration in so many of the comments here.

I’m specifically thinking, for example, of the really distasteful way in which some posters were obsessively stalking the ticketmaster site in the weeks and days leading up to the NYC shows, just to give their negative reports here. And always with such gusto! 🙄

My heart kind of sank every time, and i kept thinking to myself that i hoped he wouldn’t ever know, or let his mood or perspective be affected by all the constant negative background chatter lobbed in his direction all the time. And yes, i know and I fully agree that he’ll never see the stupid comments here because he won’t ever be here to see them. Who would want to!! But that’s not the point.

The NYC concert discussion had the ubiquitous ticketmaster reporting. Does that give us anything? Is that information useful here to anyone reading? Are ticket sales reflective of additional mitigating factors maybe, rather than only popularity? Of course they are.

Then the same people obsessed with ticketmaster availability are in the LA threads, doing it all over again. Is there anything even in common between the NYC shows, and upcoming CA shows? I say, no. But reading this site, a random person would get the (totally false) impression that everything is on a downward trajectory nosediving to I don’t even know what or where.
How come I’m not stalking ticketmaster, to come here and obsessively celebrate if i think tickets aren’t moving at the hoped for pace? Well I’m not an asshole for one thing, and I love Mozzy. But fine let’s talk about the NYC shows for a sec.

I saw someone here before the NYC shows telling someone else that it’s only x amount of minutes to get to the United Palace Theatre. Yeah, ok. Flip side of that coin is that that’s irrelevant to a lot of people, and doesn’t take away from the fact that there will have been ANY number of people who potentially gave those shows a miss due to the location. If the venue for the NYC residency had been no further than Carnegie Hall or the Beacon or downtown, I don’t think people here on this site would have been able to keep their cockles warm through their sheer delight in accosting the ticketmaster site every second of every day, right up until stage time, to try and guess how many people would ultimately go or not go.

And because i can spend two seconds thinking about this, I imagine that finding several consecutive nights available at some more centrally located venues and theaters would necessitate a maybe little slightly longer advance planning. This is what I mean. Maybe he specifically wanted to play at the United Artists Theatre. But maybe, that’s the venue that was possible, at that particular moment in time, and on that leg of the particular tour. So it’s crazy, when people here are trying to infer that slower ticket sales in New York, or slower than 30 years ago for mammoth sized arenas means that the end is nigh, or any other blah

The same residency at the Beacon (for example) would have brought an entirely different degree of awareness about those concerts, without anyone doing anything extra for marketing.
So my point is, if there’s surely all kinds of things happening all the time behind the scenes, and all kinds of considerations that will require some concrete thing or other to actually *be possible*, rather than just a preference or a say so from Morrissey, then why are people constantly abusing their keyboards to complain about everything they think he is or isn’t doing “right”, all the time? As long as he doesn’t hire Surface or Gaylord as CMO, he’ll be more than fine. Always.

I would love to be at these upcoming CA shows and am still smarting from the fact that I can’t do anything right now. There are countless people that are thrilled about these two upcoming concerts, and there are thousands and thousands of people who will be over the moon and super looking forward to being able to see him. Thousands of others, all over the world, wishing that he was in their city, or that he’ll be there next time.

There is a lot of pollution here, all the time, from people who have zero insight into the reasons certain things may pan out the way they do, or why certain decisions on whatever given subjects may have been made.

Not everything goes as exactly as planned all the time, that’s life. When I think of the mind-boggling complexity involved in my own job when working to pull something together and to successfully execute it over a period months, it is staggering that it ever happens. Because of all the never-ending inherent difficulties whenever there are countless moving pieces. Doesn’t matter that Morrissey’s an artist, or dealing in the entertainment industry. There will be some similar elements just the same.

So i think he’s doing GREAT. He’s a very special person. But like everyone else, at any given moment in time, he can only work with whatever he has. I guess when i read a lot of nonsense here from people who have NO intuition, it just makes me hope that his own inner mental chatter isn’t negative. I think the CA shows will be outstanding, and if they’re total one-offs not to be repeated again, then how lucky for everyone that is able to go! Can’t even believe they’re almost here!

I appreciate different perspectives. You’re one of the most thoughtful and considerate posters here zoomy, and I don’t consider you negative. And i definitely hope that he gets all the metaphorical vintage cars that his little heart ever desires :lbf:, and that he’ll be happy (happier?) with future evolutions/developments than many posters here assume he currently must be.

He will always be the one in the drivers seat. The part that frustrates me personally however, is when people are sitting around at home and commenting from their armchairs about everything they can ever think of that they think he did “wrong”, or that they just don’t agree with or don’t like. It’s always VERY easy to find fault in someone else’s actions or decisions, and especially in retrospect.

The second part of what bothers me is that I never ever ever see anyone acknowledge the fact that while he’s in the driver’s seat, surely there must be some concrete factors that come into play, that are not exclusively going to be just under his control alone, as the only determining factor? There is never any nuance or consideration in so many of the comments here.

I’m specifically thinking, for example, of the really distasteful way in which some posters were obsessively stalking the ticketmaster site in the weeks and days leading up to the NYC shows, just to give their negative reports here. And always with such gusto! 🙄

My heart kind of sank every time, and i kept thinking to myself that i hoped he wouldn’t ever know, or let his mood or perspective be affected by all the constant negative background chatter lobbed in his direction all the time. And yes, i know and I fully agree that he’ll never see the stupid comments here because he won’t ever be here to see them. Who would want to!! But that’s not the point.

The NYC concert discussion had the ubiquitous ticketmaster reporting. Does that give us anything? Is that information useful here to anyone reading? Are ticket sales reflective of additional mitigating factors maybe, rather than only popularity? Of course they are.

Then the same people obsessed with ticketmaster availability are in the LA threads, doing it all over again. Is there anything even in common between the NYC shows, and upcoming CA shows? I say, no. But reading this site, a random person would get the (totally false) impression that everything is on a downward trajectory nosediving to I don’t even know what or where.
How come I’m not stalking ticketmaster, to come here and obsessively celebrate if i think tickets aren’t moving at the hoped for pace? Well I’m not an asshole for one thing, and I love Mozzy. But fine let’s talk about the NYC shows for a sec.

I saw someone here before the NYC shows telling someone else that it’s only x amount of minutes to get to the United Palace Theatre. Yeah, ok. Flip side of that coin is that that’s irrelevant to a lot of people, and doesn’t take away from the fact that there will have been ANY number of people who potentially gave those shows a miss due to the location. If the venue for the NYC residency had been no further than Carnegie Hall or the Beacon or downtown, I don’t think people here on this site would have been able to keep their cockles warm through their sheer delight in accosting the ticketmaster site every second of every day, right up until stage time, to try and guess how many people would ultimately go or not go.

And because i can spend two seconds thinking about this, I imagine that finding several consecutive nights available at some more centrally located venues and theaters would necessitate a maybe little slightly longer advance planning. This is what I mean. Maybe he specifically wanted to play at the United Artists Theatre. But maybe, that’s the venue that was possible, at that particular moment in time, and on that leg of the particular tour. So it’s crazy, when people here are trying to infer that slower ticket sales in New York, or slower than 30 years ago for mammoth sized arenas means that the end is nigh, or any other blah

The same residency at the Beacon (for example) would have brought an entirely different degree of awareness about those concerts, without anyone doing anything extra for marketing.
So my point is, if there’s surely all kinds of things happening all the time behind the scenes, and all kinds of considerations that will require some concrete thing or other to actually *be possible*, rather than just a preference or a say so from Morrissey, then why are people constantly abusing their keyboards to complain about everything they think he is or isn’t doing “right”, all the time? As long as he doesn’t hire Surface or Gaylord as CMO, he’ll be more than fine. Always.

I would love to be at these upcoming CA shows and am still smarting from the fact that I can’t do anything right now. There are countless people that are thrilled about these two upcoming concerts, and there are thousands and thousands of people who will be over the moon and super looking forward to being able to see him. Thousands of others, all over the world, wishing that he was in their city, or that he’ll be there next time.

There is a lot of pollution here, all the time, from people who have zero insight into the reasons certain things may pan out the way they do, or why certain decisions on whatever given subjects may have been made.

Not everything goes as exactly as planned all the time, that’s life. When I think of the mind-boggling complexity involved in my own job when working to pull something together and to successfully execute it over a period months, it is staggering that it ever happens. Because of all the never-ending inherent difficulties whenever there are countless moving pieces. Doesn’t matter that Morrissey’s an artist, or dealing in the entertainment industry. There will be some similar elements just the same.

So i think he’s doing GREAT. He’s a very special person. But like everyone else, at any given moment in time, he can only work with whatever he has. I guess when i read a lot of nonsense here from people who have NO intuition, it just makes me hope that his own inner mental chatter isn’t negative. I think the CA shows will be outstanding, and if they’re total one-offs not to be repeated again, then how lucky for everyone that is able to go! Can’t even believe they’re almost here!

Hear hear! (y):guitar::)

well, that helps to put things back in perspective. Yeah, but, ugh! I just want him to have less obstacles in his way. It doesn’t look like he’s being managed now, or he no longer cares to be managed again. Artists, especially troublemakers like him, need certain people to get things done. It’s just frustrating to not see him in a better place. I was at the last NYC shows, and even if those show’s didn’t sell well, (personally I couldn’t tell, nor did I care) Morrissey was in high spirits every night on stage. So, ‘poor sales,etc’ obviously were NOT going to faze him.

Last edited:
Hear hear! (y):guitar::)

well, that helps to put things back in perspective. Yeah, but, ugh! I just want him to have less obstacles in his way. It doesn’t look like he’s being managed now, or he no longer cares to be managed again. Artists, especially troublemakers like him, need certain people to get things done. It’s just frustrating to not see him in a better place. I was at the last NYC shows, and even if those show’s didn’t sell well, (personally I couldn’t tell, nor did I care) Morrissey was in high spirits every night on stage. So, ‘poor sales,etc’ obviously were NOT going to faze him.

INSIGHTFUL! And particularly the accompanying soundtrack 😍 you selected! Because, so true!

With his Jensen Interceptor (it's just a runaround)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom