Will Moz mention or dedicate a song to M Jackson tonight?

Whether you liked MJ or not, you must agree that he could dance his legs down to the knees

True, but his music was insectile and annoying. All those tics and grunts, not to mention the crotch-grabbing. He was like a musical case of Tourrette's.

Wow, that's bad form of me to speak ill of the dead. I apologise. Was never a fan, you see. I doubt very much that Morrissey was either. I'd love to hear a comment by Jarvis Cocker though.

In other news, Sky Saxon of The Seeds has passed.

np: "Pushin' Too Hard"

Last edited:
Perhaps he'll dangle Boz out of a hotel room window, as homage?

With a cloth over Boz's face, of course! :)
:rofl:

Too funny.I don't think Moz could actually lift him on his own though.

In other news, Sky Saxon of The Seeds has passed.

np: "Pushin' Too Hard"

Oh, wow. I liked them. This is sad. I can see Moz saying something about Saxon in rememberence, but not MJ.

I'm not MJ's biggest fan, but I respect him as an artist and entertainer, even though I never understood him as a person. It's hard for me to watch his fans on TV crying and carrying on because some are really in distress.

My guess is that Moz won't mention him.

I honestly think I would consider disowning Morrissey if he mentioned the passing of Jackson with anything but glee. That scum can rot in hell. Getting kids drunk on 'Jesus Juice,' err wine and molesting them is not cool.:sick:

And to answer the question: he did not mention MJ at all.

don't judge MJ if you were not there, don't believe the media. Who are you to blame MJ? And for his musical talent, just the bassline of Billy Jean owns everything Moz ever did solo or with The Smiths. Im a big Moz fan, but dont compare him with a true genius like MJ, i mean come on....

You don't think Morrissey's a genius?

Just got back from St Petersburg.....

...and Morrissey did mention Whacko!!!!!!:eek:

It was the 5th song in, Boz had lost his set list and asked Solomon what was the next song....... Solomon said ''Ask''
Boz said, 'No, ''Ask'' is much later on, I thought it was ''Girlfriend In A Coma now'.
Solomon insisted it was ''Ask''.
Morrissey intervined and said
''You got to be starting something''

I'll get me coat on the way out

Jukebox Jury

Re: Just got back from St Petersburg.....

...and Morrissey did mention Whacko!!!!!!:eek:

It was the 5th song in, Boz had lost his set list and asked Solomon what was the next song....... Solomon said ''Ask''
Boz said, 'No, ''Ask'' is much later on, I thought it was ''Girlfriend In A Coma now'.
Solomon insisted it was ''Ask''.
Morrissey intervined and said
''You got to be starting something''

I'll get me coat on the way out

Jukebox Jury

that's so bad

don't judge MJ if you were not there, don't believe the media. Who are you to blame MJ? And for his musical talent, just the bassline of Billy Jean owns everything Moz ever did solo or with The Smiths. Im a big Moz fan, but dont compare him with a true genius like MJ, i mean come on....

I don't blame him for anything, I just think that his talent as a musician is way overrated. He did about three good albums with Quincy Jones (Off The Wall/Thriller/Bad), and I think he should have retired after the huge success that he had with them. That would have spared us that horrible Earth Song and similar abominations. I mean, he hadn't released one song worth listening after "Black Or White" and that was in 1991!

He invented the Moonwalk and paved the way for music videos as we know them, and he was a great entertainer ... that's what made him the big superstar he was. He would never have had the success that he had for his music alone, at least not for long.

The thing is that he will be remembered for his butchered face and his court cases at least as much as for his musical career. At least that's what people have been talking about for the last 18 years.

Back
Top Bottom