Who thinks Jesse Tobias can write a GOOD song?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date

Fire Jesse?

• Get Rid of Him

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Keep Him

Votes: 50 67.6%

• Total voters
His singles chart relatively high for reasons I don't understand because I am not knowledgeable about the UK charts.

The reason is that the UK charts are based on sales only. When the singles come out, fans go out and by them in droves.

In the US, the singles charts are based on copies ordered by record stores and airplay on channels Billboard considers TOP-40 stations.

So Morrissey could get played a million times in a week on college radio and alternative rock stations but that has zero impact on the charts.

This is why Morrissey cannot chart a single in the US.
If it was sale based only, he could definitely make the Top 40 and Ryan Seacrest would have to play him during the countdown.

Morrissey has charted in the Album charts which do not include radio play. I don't think they are based on actual sales but rather number of copies shipped to record stores.

Most people bought the singles because the b-sides were better than the album tracks...

Most people bought the singles because the b-sides were better than the album tracks...

That's not strictly accurate though, is it? Mostly anyone who is everyone who bought the singles were devotee's like us, who also bought the album and therefore had all the A-sides anyway. They're completists who want the whole shebang, and not just the material that made it onto the album. So, while your statement is somewhat true, it isn't a condensation to Jesse's song writing skills.

Were you going to add to that? Because you ended it with "because" and that leads me to believe you were going to say something else...

Were you going to add to that? Because you ended it with "because" and that leads me to believe you were going to say something else...

I restructured the way I wrote so it was more cohesive, and I forgot to edit it out. That's all.

I'd just like to say that it's not as if Jesse is solely responsible for the quality of the compositions and arrangements on Ringleader, even those that he wrote himself. He might be Morrissey's co-writer, but with a whole band alongside him who have worked with Moz for nigh on a decade, a producer, and Moz himself, Jesse wasn't simply acting solo in writing the music. They're were clearly influences deciding how he should play, so lets not lay what you all consider musical shortcoming at his door.

I'm not saying Jesse was only doing what he was told, that's not true at all. But music is a joint effort, and if someone wasn't happy with an effort of his, they would have said so.

I like Jessie, didn't think I did untill someone suggested Alain coming back, and don't get me wrong I love Alain, but for live, Jessie all the way, this is however only an opinion and to be honest it's an incredibly close call.

I hate Jesse...more people should vote for firing Jesse...

No...that was a general statement by you...you SHOULD have said "Some fans bought"...because by what you said I can poke holes in your argument and watch all the sweet nectar of your point drip away into nothingness...

I can taste you....oooo...your tears taste so sweet...

So we could kill a Vampire who was bleeding the forum dry...silly...I'm no Van Helsing or Buffy...

Me, I think Jesse Tobias can write a GOOD song. No need to thank me, happy to have settled that one.

There has to be more than 17 people here who HATE Jesse Tobias...

Back
Top Bottom