Jesse Tobias 1995 video

Jesse's two years older than I am...
oh, wait. Shit.

He's 35 ish.

I know what I was doing in 1995. I wasn't hosting 120 minutes. I was working at freaking Borders. Which wasn't all bad... ok maybe it was.

Jesse's two years older than I am...
oh, wait. Shit.

He's 35 ish.

I know what I was doing in 1995. I wasn't hosting 120 minutes. I was working at freaking Borders. Which wasn't all bad... ok maybe it was.

I have more respect for you for doing that....

"MTV, MTV, MTV, MTV...Kiss their asses"

yeah he was like 23 when he was in this video. I think the hair caught me off guard.

Eew. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

Learn it, know it, live it. I'm pretty sure I've just misquoted "Heathers," but I know my fellow Thirty-somethings will forgive me. While I go puke. For altogether different reasons.

God, I miss the 90s. I was all busy being an adult. What was I thinking?

Life stopped for me in the 90's.....other than The Cranberries, Suede, Blur, Oasis, and The Lightning Seeds....nothing else good came of it in my opinion...

I'm too lazy to go watch Heathers tonight....I have over 500 films on DVD...would take me a while to locate it....

Life stopped for me in the 90's.....other than The Cranberries, Suede, Blur, Oasis, and The Lightning Seeds....nothing else good came of it in my opinion...

The 90s were college & missed dot-com riches for me. But we didn't have kids then, so...

I'm too lazy to go watch Heathers tonight....I have over 500 films on DVD...would take me a while to locate it....[/quote]

Surely you have it committed to memory?

The 90s were college & missed dot-com riches for me. But we didn't have kids then, so...

I'm too lazy to go watch Heathers tonight....I have over 500 films on DVD...would take me a while to locate it....

Surely you have it committed to memory?[/QUOTE]

nope..it's been a few years since I watched it...I just remember the best part:

"I LOVE MY DEAD GAY SON"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk6vqt782H8

Last edited:
Ouch.

Say what you will in comparing their musical collaborations, but, sartorially speaking, Alain and Boz '95 beat Jesse '95 hands down.

Cheers,

Jamie

The Cranberries... I hate Delores' whiny freaking voice... she's like the girl version of Billy Corgan. I do have a Lightning Seeds CD, but you have to forgive me, it's only a CD single. I quit following new music when they started showing Nirvana on 120 Minutes. Also, I was busy doing other things at midnight on Sundays. I went 180 degrees from 120 Minutes and immersed myself in Ella and Frank instead.

Ok, wasn't there a bit in Heathers when one character handed another a book, and said something like, "Know it, learn it, live it?" I'm too tired to go to IMDB and look there... these are the last words I will ever type, tonight... good night and thank you.

Kurt's Dad: My son's a homosexual, and I love him. I love my dead gay son.
J.D.: Wonder how he'd react if his son had a limp wrist with a pulse.

Apparently that little outburst spawned a musical???

Theater: That blast of fresh theatrical air rushing from the Off Center is “I Love My Dead Gay Son,” a musical riff on the ’80s teen angst movie, “Heathers,” from Yellow Tape Construction, a new company with truckloads of creativity.

Director Jonathon Morgan and his crew of writers and composers realized that a reverential musical adapation of the line-perfect teener would bore, so they mashed together dialogue from the screenplay, including the howler in the title, along with new, raucus scenes and snippets of ’80s culture.

slap.jpg

COURTESY OF YELLOW TAPE CONSTRUCTION

The music echoes bits of punk, New Wave, pop, dance and Broadway from that era, without ever settling into something recognizable or memorable, and the large cast massacres the songs gleefully with shouts, warbles and grunts. The raw, crazed dancing looks like it was slingshot from “Footloose” by way of “Hairspray” and the residue of “Grease.”

kick.jpg

The performers, and therefore the audience, ate it up like candy. Not content to leave well enough alone, the creative team borrowed hints from the movie and turned them into extended fantasies — such as making explicit the homoerotic undertones in the dude-isms of jocks Kurt and Ram, played here with naughty gusto by Errich Petersen and Douglas Rutherford.

kiss.jpg

Tim Doyle, who contributed words and music, plays the keyboards in the band and also portrays sociopath JD, dropping Christian Slater’s Jack Nicholson impersonation and instead throwing his body, voice and energy into the over-the-top-of-the-top frenzy fest. But of all the actors, the one who exemplifies everything “Dead Gay” is Breanna Stogner as the biggest, baddest “Heather.” She flips some kind of switch in her head in order to channel a gush of teen-ness that chokes the audience with laughter.

There is little in the way of character development, and the movie’s clean narrative is sliced and diced into a million pieces. Yet if you catch the “Dead Gay” fever in the first few moments, the next two hours provide limitless diversion. Strong recommendation: If you’ve never seen “Heathers” — and shame on you! — rent the DVD first.

(I didn't include the Kurt & Ram Make out photos)...my stomach couldn't handle it

Ah, yes. For those of you who weren't even alive when this cinematic masterpiece was released, or for those of you who were born too early to enjoy it, here are some quotes from our generation's Easy Rider. It helped immensely that I was in love with a Heather at the time.

edit: f***, SNS22 beat me to it.

Oh, my dear god in a pink dress on a pearly cloud... you mean there are people who weren't alive yet? That I didn't personally spawn? I am going to go to sleep crying tonight.

Heathers has nothing on the mediocrity of Pump up the Volume. And tomorrow, I will tell you what Pump up the Volume inspired me to do. If you haven't guessed.

Last edited:
Oh, my dear god in a pink dress on a pearly cloud... you mean there are people who weren't alive yet? That I didn't personally spawn? I am going to go to sleep crying tonight.

Heathers has nothing on the mediocrity of Pump up the Volume. And tomorrow, I will tell you what Pump up the Volume inspired me to do. If you haven't guessed.

Pump Up The Volume inspired me to take Broadcasting classes at a community college

Ok, wasn't there a bit in Heathers when one character handed another a book, and said something like, "Know it, learn it, live it?" I'm too tired to go to IMDB and look there... these are the last words I will ever type, tonight... good night and thank you.

Wasn't that quote from "Fast Times At Ridgemont High"?

Back
Top Bottom