Where oh where?

Does anyone know where Moz lives yet. He seems to be spotted in the UK a lot of late.
i thought as his Ma and Pa are getting on a bit he may feel compelled to move back.

Also, I did read that Moz was supposed to be doing something this year, but what I wonder?
In terms of new music, things don't look promising, no record deal, no management (not that you need them) and Boz and Alan are doing their own things.

Lastly has there been any more rare stuff posted in the last few months- demos etc?

Erm the subject should have read "Where oh Where". My keyboard is playing up.

Last edited:
Re: Where ho where?

I'd really like to see Morrissey this year make some kind of transition, it's 2010, I'm not moaning at his back catalogue but i'd like to see something a bit more experimental and a bit more off-beat, I'm not saying he should be doing a jazz fusion African concept album just something where you think, oh this is a totally different side to him. I'd like to see more songs like Sweetie Pie, something a bit more abstract and unusual, and a bit more unpredictable.

He's still brilliant though. Obviously.

I don't know where he lives though.

i thought as his Ma and Pa are getting on a bit he may feel compelled to move back.

A cheerful thought. :thumb:

And as my parents are about the same age, it really brightened up my day, too...:thumb::thumb: :straightface:

Mind you, you can be past seventy and be more energetic than your 40/ 50 year olds offsprings...:o I'm sure a few people know what I mean.:highfive:

Last edited:

............ I'm not saying he should be doing a jazz fusion African concept album

I'd quite like to see that. Morrissey behind some steel drums wailing 'FREE NELSON MANDELA!' The image is a beauty to behold and here's hoping that it comes true.

On the other hand, Morrissey will be replacing Alan Titchmarsh on ITV1 on weekday afternoons to host a cookery programme called, 'Morrissey Makes Tarts'.

He'll be serving up: cheese tart, apple tart, dauphinoise potato tart and Anne Widdecombe in a banana skin nightie.

I'd quite like to see that. Morrissey behind some steel drums wailing 'FREE NELSON MANDELA!' The image is a beauty to behold and here's hoping that it comes true.

On the other hand, Morrissey will be replacing Alan Titchmarsh on ITV1 on weekday afternoons to host a cookery programme called, 'Morrissey Makes Tarts'.

He'll be serving up: cheese tart, apple tart, dauphinoise potato tart and Anne Widdecombe in a banana skin nightie.

I'd love to see Morrissey collabarate with Joe Longthorne in Kenya wearing a Mauve coloured Dashiki, dancing like a mental and saying that Vauxhall And I was all a bad London accident.

He'd then just walk on hot coals whilst bashing a tiny Djembe drum and call Mike Joyce a sexually repressed witchdoctor.

That would be his 2010 effort.

I'd pay thousands too see that.

Last edited:

I'd love to see Morrissey collabarate with Joe Longthorne in Kenya wearing a Mauve coloured Dashiki, dancing like a metal and saying that Vauxhall And I was all a bad London accident.

He'd then just walk on hot coals whilst bashing a tiny Djembe drum and call Mike Joyce a sexually repressed witchdoctor.

That would be his 2010 effort.

I'd pay thousands too see that.

Can Roy Chubby Brown dressed in a purple leotard be their backing dancer?

:thumb:
A cheerful thought. :thumb:

And as my parents are about the same age, it really brightened up my day, too...:thumb::thumb: :straightface:

Mind you, you can be past seventy and be more energetic than your 40/ 50 year olds offsprings...:o I'm sure a few people know what I mean.:highfive:

I'd like to see Moz being a bit more experimental with his music. He could do a concept album based on the life and work of Russ Abbot or Ted Rogers. Some nice musical textures provided by the reformed remnants of Kool & The Gang and ten minute didgeridoo solo interspersed with the sound of a donkey banging its penis against a rusty oil drum. A guest appearance of poetry reading by The Krankies and a duet ballad with Jimmy Nail would make it perfect.

i'd like to see something a bit more experimental and a bit more off-beat, ... I'd like to see more songs like Sweetie Pie, something a bit more abstract and unusual, and a bit more unpredictable.

Totally agree.

Some nice musical textures provided by the reformed remnants of Kool & The Gang and ten minute didgeridoo solo interspersed with the sound of a donkey banging its penis against a rusty oil drum.

:guitar:Conversation...
is going 'round
people talk about the donkey who's
come to town
lovely donkeyyyy
donkey as can be
noone knows its name it's just a
mysteryyyyyyy

It's FRESH! FRESH! EXCIIIIIIIITING

I'd love to see Morrissey collabarate with Joe Longthorne in Kenya wearing a Mauve coloured Dashiki, dancing like a metal and saying that Vauxhall And I was all a bad London accident.

I'd like to see Moz being a bit more experimental with his music. He could do a concept album based on the life and work of Russ Abbot or Ted Rogers. Some nice musical textures provided by the reformed remnants of Kool & The Gang and ten minute didgeridoo solo interspersed with the sound of a donkey banging its penis against a rusty oil drum. A guest appearance of poetry reading by The Krankies and a duet ballad with Jimmy Nail would make it perfect.

Shove Moz in on lead vocals and I smell Supergroup. Might I suggest they launch their career with an EP of David Essex covers? Rock On, indeed.

All of you British people with all of your Britishy references. :( I'm lost. :p

Except I knew who Kool and the Gang are. :D

All of you British people with all of your Britishy references. :( I'm lost. :p

Except I knew who Kool and the Gang are. :D

If it's any comfort, the name of Joe Longthorne would raise a quizzical expression on the face of most Britons outside of the East Riding. Even to Hullites, he's better known for getting into drunken scraps than he is for singing.

You have Bob Dylan, we have Joe Longthorne and David Van Day. You're not missing out on much.

Ye Gods! The Man Who Would Be Bucks Fizz! :lbf:

If it's any comfort, the name of Joe Longthorne would raise a quizzical expression on the face of most Britons outside of the East Riding. Even to Hullites, he's better known for getting into drunken scraps than he is for singing.

Ye Gods! The Man Who Would Be Bucks Fizz! :lbf:

Dollar, all hail Dollar!

Not me! I'm from Blackpool - and it's his adopted home don't ya know - which is where the drunken scraps come in I think :lbf:

I'm ashamed to say I thought he'd died - but apparently he's still going.

Looking forward to him and Morrissey doing 'An evening with....' show at the Tower Ballroom in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom