what does morrissey say at the start of first of the gang to die

it is "you are too hot" no question about it, I like to point at Morrissey at shout that when Boz says it live

i just listened to it about 4 times and it IS 'LA you like to rock' so ner :p

I always wondered too but thought I hear it as "Los Angeles- you are dura" dura meaning "hard" in spanish. it definitely sounds like a d to me anyway, not t as in "too". :confused:

Glad you resurrected this thread!

Listened to the beginning of the song on the Kimmel show, and yours sounds like a good answer.

"Los Angeles! You are to rock" That's my version.
But why don't we discuss also about Kiss My Shades here (i know there's another thread about this (I started it))?
I really don't hear Kiss My Shades.
From worldofmorrissey.com "it's not a shame, no...: this verse is controversial, in my opinion, though practically every book or site on Smiths' lyrics report it as "kiss my shades". Personally I think the verse is "It's not a shame, no..." which also fits well in the song context.

i think it is 'you are too hot'
although i often hear it as 'doo rock'
LOl

then again i think it is 'cord wrestler' isntead of 'claude brausseur' in at last i am born.
;-)

It's not even Morrissey who says the line. At least I don't think it is. When I first heard the line 'Los Angeles' I thought yeah it could be him, but when the 'you are too hot bit' comes in, it definately doesn't sound like him.

OK, so now that we've sorted that out, can anyone tell me about the second sign that Moz is holding up in helmoz's signature: does it say "Go light Wales please"?

Back
Top Bottom