The first Image of Morrissey I ever saw...

When I was a kid, maybe 12, living just north of Manchester, in or around 1984, I saw a photo in my weekly pop music magazine - I can't even remember the name of that mag (have I grown that old?).

Anyway, the photo was of a band and I noticed they were so plain compared to all the other bands. I didn't know this band, but I could tell the frontman with his tall quiff, or maybe he was in the center of the shot. Thing is, I have never seen this photo again, anywhere on the net. Maybe I have just missed it, but I've looked through lots of collections.

The setting seemed to be in a large delapidated warehouse or mill, and Morrissey was in one of the window frames I think. The more I think about it, the less sure I can be about a description. Maybe there was a set of photos, because I can see Morrissey standing and sitting, or maybe I was just dreaming. I dearly want to see that photo again. Can anyone help me here?

Thanks vicarinatutugirl, although they seem to have the same atmosphere, i'm not sure any one of those is the picture i saw, but they are great and I do remember them. I'm thinking shoes and cardigan (at that time, I had never seen an attractive man in a cardigan). Maybe my mind is all a jumble now, like viva bob says, distant memories.

I remember seeing him on MTV 120 minutes in the early 90's but the first picture that sticks out for me is a pic from Rolling Stone around 1992..He was doing a cd signing at a record store and was embracing a lady who must have weighed around 500 pounds..The caption was something like Morrissey meets his biggest fan...I thought to my self, that man must be one very special person..

I remember seeing him on MTV 120 minutes in the early 90's but the first picture that sticks out for me is a pic from Rolling Stone around 1992..He was doing a cd signing at a record store and was embracing a lady who must have weighed around 500 pounds..The caption was something like Morrissey meets his biggest fan...I thought to my self, that man must be one very special person..

mozfans.jpg

When I was a kid, maybe 12, living just north of Manchester, in or around 1984, I saw a photo in my weekly pop music magazine - I can't even remember the name of that mag (have I grown that old?).

Anyway, the photo was of a band and I noticed they were so plain compared to all the other bands. I didn't know this band, but I could tell the frontman with his tall quiff, or maybe he was in the center of the shot. Thing is, I have never seen this photo again, anywhere on the net. Maybe I have just missed it, but I've looked through lots of collections.

The setting seemed to be in a large delapidated warehouse or mill, and Morrissey was in one of the window frames I think. The more I think about it, the less sure I can be about a description. Maybe there was a set of photos, because I can see Morrissey standing and sitting, or maybe I was just dreaming. I dearly want to see that photo again. Can anyone help me here?

Was it this one?
manchester83-03.jpg

The first image of Morrissey I ever saw was the one from the inside sleeve of The Smiths, where he looks nothing like himself.

The first image of Morrissey I ever saw where he looked like himself was this one:

theface.jpg

It was love at first sigh.

The first image of Morrissey I ever saw was the one from the inside sleeve of The Smiths, where he looks nothing like himself.

The first image of Morrissey I ever saw where he looked like himself was this one:

theface.jpg

It was love at first sigh.

Which sleeve? The Smiths-the album?

The first image I saw of Morrissey was the vid November Spawned a Monster... I found it embarrassing.... :p Don't hate me for it, I was 12 years old, innocent and very shy....

The first image I saw of Morrissey was the vid November Spawned a Monster... I found it embarrassing.... :p Don't hate me for it, I was 12 years old, innocent and very shy....

It is a spectacularly embarassing video. Doesn't help that I first saw it on Beavis & Butt-head. They were speechless when the saw the band-aid on his nipple, and it was a priceless moment that I'll cherish forever. :D

This isn't exactly about the first image of Morrissey that I ever saw, but... prior to the tour I was going through some of my odd personal belongings up in my loft.

I found a video tape of myself at the wee age of 12 or 13, and I saw all of the Smash Hits/Star Hits pin-ups of Morrissey on my wall. My poor, poor parents never stood a chance, did they? All that money wasted on therapy.

I still have a lot of those pin-ups. Heaven knows I never found him "frinky", but I still wanted him to envelop me, I suppose.

Last edited:
It is a spectacularly embarassing video. Doesn't help that I first saw it on Beavis & Butt-head. They were speechless when the saw the band-aid on his nipple, and it was a priceless moment that I'll cherish forever. :D

"get up off the ground and stop whining! and get some new clothes!" :p

and here I thought Nugz was gonna reply

'in mah pants'.....

no, although i almost replied to the "where is morrissey now" thread with that answer. but i thought it wouldve been too obvious. ;)

LMAO! Nugz you are awesome! The first time I saw Morrissey was after I fell in love his sexy voice, so I decided I needed to put a face to that heavenly sound. I believe it was this picture that I saw.....
384449_CD_L_F.jpg

and I thought, man look what I have been missing all these years! Then I immediately bought tickets to see him in Philly, that is where the true obsession started.

Back
Top Bottom