TTY: The Labels Won't Listen - photomontage by Sam Esty Rayner

If the problem lies not with Morrissey, then why isn't there a queue of labels waiting to sign him?

If the new material is so sublime, why doesn't he bypass the labels entirely and release it himself?

What is there to be gained by moping?

nice photo moz BUT
NO record contract, LOL
money stays in pocket lol move on.

If the problem lies not with Morrissey, then why isn't there a queue of labels waiting to sign him?

If the new material is so sublime, why doesn't he bypass the labels entirely and release it himself?

What is there to be gained by moping?

his investment since his records dont sell anymore.
kickstarter is his only remaining option. he could raise the funds but would have to personally thank and associate with his crazy vuglar fan base. the nutjobs that follow him around. they are liable to rob a train to give moz the loot.

Is 'face palming' with both hands at the same time ok -
or is it still considered the international sign for despair?
I think I'd rather listen to Miss Young lure sailors to the rocks on a loop than see any more of these abominations.
Currently sleeping with Peepholism under my pillow hoping it's a dream.
FWD

Never until the Sam Esty Rayner chapter of Morrissey's aesthetic have I seen such a consistent example of a once BRILLIANT artist being so totally complicit in allowing an unmitigated series of shits to be taken on his legacy.

Whether it's family pride or some other motive we can only guess at, Morrissey's judgement on allowing this talentless tool to represent him visually is a truly imponderable blend of moronic and borderline suicidal.

Re: The Labels Won't Listen - photomontage - TTY

I like the montages a lot. But the one and only thing i disagree with Morrissey on is label interest. Almost anyone can release a record, he wants it a certain way. Just make the damn record already and front the money for recording and stop being high maintenance about it.

It's not a montage. I have no idea why it's labeled as such. It's a collage if anything, and a bad one at that.

I do agree with your point though. I too wish he'd get off his arse and just record the sessions already. It can't be too hard to find a producer can it?

If EMI were willing to rerelease his back catalogue along with Major Minor and whoever did the Southpaw and Maladjusted re issues why don't they just sign him again? Surely there's more money to be made in a new release versus the reissues?

Last edited:
That's the least of this so called art work's problems.

To all the detractors here at so-low:
If you have so much criticism for Sam's photomontage, why don't you show us what you have in your art portfolio. I'd really like to see it. What. Are you scared that you will get chopped to pieces?
I have never in my life encountered more cruel people until I started visiting this site. There is so much hate here that it would make one want to kill himself. You can be ashamed of yourselves. Are you fans or not? No wonder Morrissey prefers animals to humans. Some of you here should not even have the privilege to be called humans.
Adios

Never until the Sam Esty Rayner chapter of Morrissey's aesthetic have I seen such a consistent example of a once BRILLIANT artist being so totally complicit in allowing an unmitigated series of shits to be taken on his legacy.

Whether it's family pride or some other motive we can only guess at, Morrissey's judgement on allowing this talentless tool to represent him visually is a truly imponderable blend of moronic and borderline suicidal.

so damn true. this crap is doing my head in.

find what you're good at and DO THAT for your uncle, sam.

I’m fairly sure Morrissey is aware of the fact that a lot of his longtime fans think he is turning more and more into an insufferable twat. He definitely has someone read the comments here and report back to him.

donnie knutson checks in on this site.

all i can say about the montages is sam must have some serious dirt on moz.

It's like when kids bring home their awful "artwork" and the parents feel obliged to put it on display, even though they know it's utter dogshit.

Oy, it's free and it's saving Moz from dipping into his pension for design work!

He's made some real efforts to devalue his back catalogue recently (ignoring Bowie - confirmed by the Wogan comment, the Kiss Me A Lot video, posting the strangest things on TTY) and this doesn't shock me now. Trust the art, not the artist, as they say.

If you have so much criticism for Sam's photomontage, why don't you show us what you have in your art portfolio. I'd really like to see it. What. Are you scared that you will get chopped to pieces?
I have never in my life encountered more cruel people until I started visiting this site. There is so much hate here that it would make one want to kill himself. You can be ashamed of yourselves. Are you fans or not? No wonder Morrissey prefers animals to humans. Some of you here should not even have the privilege to be called humans.
Adios

A lot of people here wouldn't profess to be artists.
The picture is in the public domain and criticism will ensue - dry your eyes.
Are you new to the internet? Go look round reddit or youtube comments to see more accessible daily hate aimed at far more famous people.
I am a 'fan'. An embarrassed 'fan' probably since before you were born.
These images are just shite. His art legacy is devalued by this.
Morrissey in this picture looks microcephalic - none of this 'art' is flattering.
I understand why he might humour Sam, but it is dire. You wouldn't see many artists attach this dreck to their name and longstanding 'fans' are perfectly ok to question as to why this is seemingly ok with Moz.
Please close the door quietly on your way out.
No regards whatsoever,
FWD

Adios

I have done so plenty of times and have had it praised and ripped to shreds.

People should get their head out of their arses. God. These are not official "art"-works for anything. It would be quite apt to get angry over Moz' latest video or Moz' latest album sleeve but not about these pictures. All the hysterical reactions are as silly and unapt as anything that SER produces. Especially since there is a post on TTY which points to a beautiful done book by people who put a lot of effort in it and who where acknowledged by Moz. Maybe people should focus on that, but probably they would find something nasty to say too.

Back
Top Bottom