TTY: Gail Shea in search of a new hobby

a) "Since Gail Shea thinks it is morally correct of Canada to dispense with unwanted beings by slicing their heads open with an axe, hopefully this same fate will happen to Shea"

So I guess wishing death on humans is OK then, but animals most certainly not.

b) "...although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off."

Wait. What? Morrissey is taking the piss out of someone for being fat? Jesus f***ing Christ. Shameful. Absolutely shameful. Seriously Morrissey, f*** off, and lay off the vodka.

f***s sake.

Seriously Pete why don't you f*** off? Why the f*** you would want to devote so much time to moderating a website dedicated to a person you clearly don't like sure beats the bat shit out of me. And don't give me the 'I do it for the people' shtick.

I agree with this. Not "f*** off" in a rude way, but in a come-to-your-senses kind of way. He obviously strongly dislikes Morrissey, it is such a waste of his own time moderating this site.

Start your own Smiths-only site, Skinny, and moderate that. Let someone more level headed moderate this forum. All you do is moan. Then when people criticise you for it you just tell them to f*** off. The owner and moderators set the tone for the forum; as the most prominent moderator, you have set an awful precedent. No one wants a Morrissey love-in on here, but you've taken things in the completely opposite direction.

Time to move on, old boy. You've served your time here. Enjoy retirement.

Ridiculing fat people for your agenda is never, ever, funny. Morrissey should be very ashamed. But I doubt he won't be.

Any Morrissey fans who think it's valid to ridicule someone because of their body size, let's hear it.

You're the One for me fatty..... Etc etc

After reading so many of 'UncleSkinnys' posts over the years now, it really is time for you to leave this website. Seriously, all you ever post is negative comments about everything Morrissey says or does. Quite frankly it's rather sad that a middle aged bloke spends his time being negative on a 'fan site'.

You've been negative of Moz for a good few years now, from what I can tell from your comments. Also it doesn't seem like you ever go to any of his gigs anymore(I could be wrong) and you were very scathing of the book. I think it's more of you wanting to be seen and heard on the Internet, your only platform to air your views.
But really your opinions are now very boring as it's the same old crap day after day, story after story. An opinion you express heavily on Morrissey.

Morrissey still has a million times the talent and vision than you or I will ever have

I don't get worked up about the things he says because I accept the reality of the way he is. I've met the man, engaged in conversation, and although he is and always will be my greatest musical hero, he is not exactly the man I hoped he would be. But then again, are any of us really?

I applaud him for his conviction regarding animal welfare, and I too celebrate the fact that Shea is gone as well, although for me I am just happy another conservative is out of parliament. The seal issue, however, is another thing entirely.

Yes I am Canadian. I am Canadian who has never eaten a seal, nor known anyone who has. I have never clubbed a seal, nor met anyone anyone who has, nor a person whom even condones its practice. Yet I am lumped in with them, solely because I am Canadian. As a Canadian, I have absolutely no political influence as to whether an aboriginal person in this country can kill a seal for food and fur. Likely the same for our Ministers, who help legislate in the country where the average minority government lasts just over a year. There is no political will in this country to demand that we force our native people to give up their way of life because we are offended by it - even though we have already taken so much from them. To believe that the seal fishing industry is this enormous entity in Canada is wrong. It is no more true than believing that Canadians all live in igloos.

Yet, Morrissey has turned his back on us. He chose to isolate Canada for this reason, baffling really. If his convictions were so steadfast I am surprised he even leaves his home. Money is the reason. He still plays border towns; lots of money to be had there. And sycophants too. He really loves those sycophants.

What did you thought he would be like? An easy going boy about town like Johnny Marr who stunns everyone simply through being and who runs around and calls every fangirl "darling"? He never was that person. It must be awful that every person you meet has different expectations about you. Regarding the seals, Moz has never said that the Canadian people want it. He always says that they don't want it. I always suspected that he decided to boycott Canada in the heat of ONE moment. And now? It would look even more silly than holding on to it.

After reading so many of 'UncleSkinnys' posts over the years now, it really is time for you to leave this website. Seriously, all you ever post is negative comments about everything Morrissey says or does. Quite frankly it's rather sad that a middle aged bloke spends his time being negative on a 'fan site'.

You've been negative of Moz for a good few years now, from what I can tell from your comments. Also it doesn't seem like you ever go to any of his gigs anymore(I could be wrong) and you were very scathing of the book. I think it's more of you wanting to be seen and heard on the Internet, your only platform to air your views.
But really your opinions are now very boring as it's the same old crap day after day, story after story. An opinion you express heavily on Morrissey.

Morrissey still has a million times the talent and vision than you or I will ever have

Hear, hear!

a) "Since Gail Shea thinks it is morally correct of Canada to dispense with unwanted beings by slicing their heads open with an axe, hopefully this same fate will happen to Shea"

So I guess wishing death on humans is OK then, but animals most certainly not.

b) "...although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off."

Wait. What? Morrissey is taking the piss out of someone for being fat? Jesus f***ing Christ. Shameful. Absolutely shameful. Seriously Morrissey, f*** off, and lay off the vodka.

f***s sake.

" Jesus f***ing Christ" Skinny, is this your idea of acceptable language? Are you so bereft of vocabulary? As you would say yourself - absolutely shameful.

"although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off."

As much as I can appreciate the clever wording of this insult, I do believe it represents yet another low for Morrissey's with his recent public outbursts.

So, I see several posts having a go at me, but not a single one having a go at Morrissey for calling someone out on their body size.

Well done, people.

"although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off."

As much as I can appreciate the clever wording of this insult, I do believe it represents yet another low for Morrissey's with his recent public outbursts.

Not really when you think about it. Every time he says something someone shouts "a new low". Only to claim it again the next time. Consistent. Yes. A new low. No.

So, I see several posts having a go at me, but not a single one having a go at Morrissey for calling someone out on their body size.

Well done, people.

Where are you during the thousands of posts addressing Morrissey's figure/hairline/drinking habits/sexuality???
That's fair game I assume?

Can I ask in sincerity what period of Morrissey it was you first became a fan?

Because if it was from the beginning/early solo years then surely you must know that Morrissey has been like this from the VERY beginning.
Some instances of him being ''purile'' ''harsh'' or even ''childish'':

The Queen is Dead
Magaret on The Guillotine - ''When will you die?''
Frankly Mr Shankly - Said to be a direct attack on Geoff Travis
You're the One For Me, Fatty

The list is endless. I don't mean to patronise or give a lecture (I'm sure you know all this), but for someone who so vehemently upholds they are such a big fan of his, a large part of what makes Morrissey who he is, (you could say outspoken... or others would say maybe he had a... BIGMOUTH) seems to just pass you by as a personality defect.

Your stance is sort of like ''I absoloutely love apple pie, always have done, but I'll be damned if I'm going to put apple anywhere near my mouth.''

I respectfully disagree with the idea what you do constitutes ''protest'' or ''for the greater good'' that's a stance that borders on delusion also.

I am not really sure that "You're The One For Me, Fatty" can be cited as a precedent. It's ambiguous, at most.

Well done, people.

What about the "singers in glass houses" comment, then? :) That was a nice touch, I thought.

It's not our fault if Morrissey didn't get the note saying that turning his self-hatred into hatred of womanly fat isn't going to get him laid any time soon...

Just enjoy NYC if you're still there, don't feed the fat grey squirrels, the little gatecrashing bastards!

"...hopefully this same fate will happen to Shea, although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off."

Lovely.

Remarks like these are why so many of us find it laughable when someone becomes indignant at the slightest critical remark or joke at Morrissey's expense. The fact is, he can be and often is absolutely vicious. Of course, this doesn't justify being vicious to him in return (an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, as the saying goes) but it's funny that some fans are so quick to justify his miserable comments while swiftly condemning others'.

Beyond that, the Shea vs. Morrissey seal cull debacle happened months and months ago. Why is it being dredged up? It just seems like he wanted an excuse to indulge in some character assassination (something a lot of people did finger-wagging about in response to LOTL reviews). There's not even any evidence to suggest her poor performance in polls has anything to do with her stance on the seal cull, we're just supposed to take this for granted because it justifies making the statement.

I don't think Morrissey understands the context at all. If he actually watched the election coverage (obviously he wouldn't, why would he care about the Canadian federal election unless it was good for a cheap comment after the fact?) he would have become aware of the fact that Shea is personally well liked in her riding. The main reason for her being defeated was an overwhelming national trend to remove the Conservative Party from power, with Justin Trudeau's Liberals being the decided legitimate option to best achieve this outcome.

The irony is, of course, and probably the reason Morrissey couldn't resist writing this uninformed post, is that the Liberal candidate that defeated her happened to be named Morrissey as well. I noticed this while watching and it is indeed amusing. But if Morrissey wishes to believe that Shea was defeated because of his influence, he is sadly deluded.

I'm not usually that critical of Morrissey, but he went too far here and decided to comment on something that he hasn't bothered to gain a proper understanding of. If you want to comment on Canadian news, end your boycott on Canada and try to make a real impact, don't take credit for something that you are uninformed about and personally insult an outgoing minister who is actually very well liked personally in the locality she represents.

Back
Top Bottom