The Smiths added to Trump rally music (January 23, 2024)

Not sure if this is a joke: tweet says Trump added Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want to his pre-rally music in Laconia, New Hampshire.

UPDATE 12:34PM PT:

Surface posted the link:

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah because Donald Trump is acually sitting down picking out the right Smiths song to use :lbf:

Stranger things have happened!

Stranger things have happened!
I'd pay good money to watch a video of The Don listening to Smiths tracks one by one and picking his favorites.

This apparently happened at one point, it's all kinds of awesome:

Actually, Trump is a MASSIVE Smiths fan. I've seen him many times at the Star & Garter Smiths Disco, dancing into the early hours. :guitar:
What's his fave tune? I'm guessing its Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

39559_unnamed_03.jpg

The End Is Nigh photomontage by Sam Esty Rayner: TTY (January, 2017).

Mmmmm QUE KILOMBOOOO!!!!!!
I wonder what Moz's steps will be... In the face of this.... Donald could have used. Still ill¡!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone tell JM to sit the f*** down, they’re not playing the song because of the mandolin solo, they like it for the same reason most people like The Smiths, because of Morrissey’s words, voice, and vocal melodies.
Who is this Morrissey geezer you speak of ?????

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

Tell us how appeasement might work this time then.
Make the Donbas a neutral zone free of Azov Battalion and Russian troops. Ukraine doesn't join NATO and Putin agrees to get the f*** out of Ukraine.

You have to understand what sits behind all of this. When Gorbachev agreed to dismantle the Soviet union on his deal with Reagan, Reagan pledged to stop the expansion of NATO. One side has primarily kept to their side of the bargain (Russia) while the other side (NATO allies) have continued with their aggressive expansionist tactics.

Any way you slice it the Ukrainian Special Operation has been a drain on Russian resources and anyone who thinks they are in any fit state to continue marching on has rocks in their heads. This is the single biggest difference between now and ww2. Pre 19349 Hitler had amassed the largest most lethal military force in human history. Not until it was too late did, what we now know as the Allies, just how far ahead Germany really was militarily. Dunkirk is a good example of this.

This time around Russia is a country with an economy smaller than California. America dwarfs it in miliary spending and both sides have a vast nuclear arsenal. This isn't some type of 1939 rerun.

Last edited:

He's not going to win though, is he? The Dems will do anything to prevent that from happening. And by that I mean anything.
They have been signaling assassination pretty hard. It's wild.

When George W. Bush was President, Putin invaded Georgia. When Obama was Prez Putin annexed Crimea, with Biden as Potus Putin invaded Ukraine. When Trump was in office Putin invaded nowhere. But yeah.....Trump is the one that lead America into war in Europe.
Have you heard that Russia had a hand in the first Trump election? Just because there wasn't a global catastrophe in the 4-5 years he was a Kremlin puppet, doesn't make him a pacifist. How honourable! Trump liked to instigate a bloody civil war and not stop the march on the Capitol. You've forgotten that already?

While I’m not a Trump fan, it has to be said that there were far fewer wars respect to Biden’s presidency, Trump appears able to leverage even if he does have the mentality of an empty-paged colouring book.

M won’t approve but he’s an advocate of free speech whatever the weather.

Marr will be frantically pulling his contact book from the attic in despair in a bid to tell someone to inform Morrissey at the bottom of a gin bottle.

No one ever talks about Obama inciting all those BLM riots, it's an inconvenient truth, but a truth nonetheless. He was exponentially more destructive than Trump.
I am afraid that the people outside the US do not understand what really happened here and even people in the US don't. People rely too much on the media and don't look for the actual truth.
I try to not comment on the politics of other countries because unless I fully understand these things, I don't think I have any business making judgments, comments, etc.

Back
Top Bottom