The Killers - What She Said (w/ Johnny Marr), Seattle WA, 8/20/2022

thought this was good!

UPDATE:

An anonymous person posted in the comments:

They played Stop Me & There Is A Light the night before:

UPDATE Sep. 12:

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who goes to his shows, I wouldn’t dream of doing so if he didn’t play The Smiths. On another note, I love how I’ve been here 16 years and I’m still classed as a junior member 🤣
can he do a sold out show by himself and playing only his solo "hits" or anything but the smiths?

Get off the stage

can he do a sold out show by himself and playing only his solo "hits" or anything but the smiths?

Get off the stage
Drag Queen Applause GIF by Paramount+

People like us, who have been listening to Morrissey and the Smiths over a longer period of time don’t need thsee covers turned into stadion anthem. Although at the time when the Smiths were still active, I sort of wished the Smiths would have reached the masses….

All I can say that the Killers kids going home to discover the music of the Smiths, are in for a real treat and fantastic journey.

No-one exemplifies the emptiness of 21st century indie more than The Killers. Had they been around in the 90's, people would have thought them to be a bit like Shed 7 but just not quite as good.
Granted they've got a couple of decent songs (Soul not a Soldier and Lose my Mind) but most of their stuff is awful. They did a cover of Find Out For Yourself a while back, too, which actually isn't that bad. www.youtube.com/watch?v=02itxwQ88UM

This really has to be the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in music. Marr playing Smiths songs with Killers, then playing them in his own set. Basically, most of the night is about the Smiths, I have never seen anyone leave a band, trash the band, trash the lead singer, say you can't relate to his lyrics, then go out and make a career out of singing them alone and with other bands.
His album is completely overhyped and his publicist created this never ending media blitz, he was just everywhere, ostensibly in support of this album, which he is barely playing live because no one likes it, and he is just an opening act. So sad to see what he's been reduced to but he's done it to himself and he looks like an absolute fool. All of his interviews were about Morrissey, any publicist that allows that should be fired. All of this just screams "Johnny failed' while Moz can't get a record deal but he can get solo tour dates here, a Vegas residency, headline Cruel World and a UK tour.

He seems to only get 8 0r 9 songs, which like FWD said incl not just the Smiths, but Electronic and a Depeche Mode cover.

Brandon Flowers is a tool, What She Said is not a punk song.
Thank you. Couldn't have said it better. Two buffoons who trash Morrissey singing his lyrics. Very lame.

Johnny Marr 2020: "The Smiths was a long time ago. I've done so much more since then."

"What She Said", A punk song? f*** off already. Typical yank is our Brandon, clueless about music. The UK had T-Rex, the US had Kiss, the UK had the Sex Pistols, the US had The Ramones ... f*** off already.

Says the typical non-yank that knows nothing about the great music that came out of America, music that if it were not for, T-Rex and Pistols most likely wouldn’t have happened.

Bob Dylan.

:tiphat:

I don't think doing "Never Had No One Ever" to a crowd not that familiar with the Smiths, as he did at Cruel World is really doing that much for the Smiths legacy.

A crowd not that familiar with The Smiths? The entire lineups was 80's with Morrissey as the headliner. I would say most knew were familiar with the Smiths.

A crowd not that familiar with The Smiths? The entire lineups was 80's with Morrissey as the headliner. I would say most knew were familiar with the Smiths.

I was at Cruel World and a lot of people were there to see Bauhaus who put on a spectacular and intense show. Morrissey was playing near an exit and I noticed a stream of people leaving during his set. Moz played low key Smiths songs like "Half a Person" and "Never Had No One" which of course pleased his fans, but it just could not compare to Bauhaus. That he didn't play something loved and upbeat like "This Charming Man" was unfortunate.

I think when you have been actively listening to an artist for almost 30 years, you undoubtedly take the voice for granted. I think that’s what has happened to me. One of the things that drew me into the The Smith/Moz vortex was that unique, undeniably incredible singing voice.

This guys voice is crap. Nothing against him or The Killers, I don’t know any of their music. But honestly….he’s just screaming into the microphone, I don’t hear him actually ‘singing’.

Even Danzig has a unique singing voice. Sorry, this guy can’t sing.
I agree. I can't stand the band the singer is boring .

It will be fuel for the m haters .

No-one exemplifies the emptiness of 21st century indie more than The Killers. Had they been around in the 90's, people would have thought them to be a bit like Shed 7 but just not quite as good.
Granted they've got a couple of decent songs (Soul not a Soldier and Lose my Mind) but most of their stuff is awful. They did a cover of Find Out For Yourself a while back, too, which actually isn't that bad. www.youtube.com/watch?v=02itxwQ88UM
Brilliant post

People like us, who have been listening to Morrissey and the Smiths over a longer period of time don’t need thsee covers turned into stadion anthem. Although at the time when the Smiths were still active, I sort of wished the Smiths would have reached the masses….

All I can say that the Killers kids going home to discover the music of the Smiths, are in for a real treat and fantastic journey.
It must be mind blowing….. some say that you never forget your first orgasm, well I forgot that and remembered The Smiths in 1984 🤲

I don't know about this? I mean, if I was so conflicted that in Brandon's own words "I wouldn't go around playing his (Moz) music to my kids" that I'd be singing his lyrics in a live show ? Presumably the kids have been told to keep off YouTube then? It's all very strange to me!

the fact that it's awful beyond belief is kind of a side issue.

Johnny Marr? Sigh.....😕....he looks like he'd fit right in if KISS ever needed a new guitarist. He'll attach himself to anyone for a little bit of attention.

The music sounds great and the spotlight is on Marr but don't forget there's a second guitar player (The Killers) enhancing the sound.

Hopefully, discovering the Smiths will be only part of any "fantastic journey"; discovering and realising the genius that is Morrissey will be the second stage of their journey.

Back
Top Bottom