The BLACK vinyl replica cd singles

The Seeker of Good Songs

I like these cd's. I can see Morrissey being involved in wanting them.
Little slip cover for the cd which goes in the sleeve.

I wonder why the Greatest hits wasn't black?

and I see Merck is listed at the helm on All You Need Is Me even though he quit before the single was released.

Last edited:
Ever since "You Are The Quarry," Morrissey has tried to make his CDs like miniature vinyl records. I find it silly nostalgia. It's the 21st century and vinyl is long over. Get over it. But I would like to see one of his 7 inches try and look like a CD!

Ever since "You Are The Quarry," Morrissey has tried to make his CDs like miniature vinyl records. I find it silly nostalgia. It's the 21st century and vinyl is long over. Get over it. But I would like to see one of his 7 inches try and look like a CD!

I wouldn't say vinyl is long over. CD's are certainly more convenient, or they seemed that way before mp3's, but I feel like you're reaching here. Surely a format that is almost universally admitted to be better sounding should not be abandoned just because the record companies wanted to make us buy our entire record collections again.

Turntables are still easy to come by.

now Morrissey may be indulging in some "silly nostalgia" but that's part of his charm, isn't it?

However you are right, a record that looked like a CD would be pretty cool. When I opened the CD though, and saw a "little record" I actually said "wow..." :D

Congratulations, again your lack of grasp of things Smiths/Morrissey astounds me!

love

Grim

Or we could try something new and let Morrissey do whatever the f*** he feels like...

Yes, the first one of these vinyl like CD's was the NME's compilation 'Songs That Saved Your Life' and I do like the style.

Jukebox Jury

The "vinyl" look CD singles are really nice.

To be honest I've always colected The Smiths and Morrisey on vinyl and the latest Morrissey 7"s are really nicely presented.

From what I've heard sales of vinyl are actually increasing.For me it's not really about moving with the times.

I personally find vinyl sounds a lot better than CD's ,MP3's although I do have music in those formats.

I'm now buying more albums on vinyl because I find that when I buy vinyl I tend to act actually sit down,listen and appreciate music a bit more.With my ipod it's music on the go and I tends to be background noise.

The thrill of buying the Smiths albums and smelling the vinyl and studying the lyrics has never left me.

Really enjoying the Bon Iver LP just now,"For Emma Forever ago"

Morrissey has always catered very well for vinyl aficionados.

Long may it continue.

Back
Top Bottom