take it like a soldier

S

suzanne

how many people actually come here for a self-esteem boost?

afraid to post here because you're afraid people will say something bad in return? C'mon! I can possibly understand that in real life, but this board is not real life!

In real life, we would be snickering at you behind your back and pretend like we really cared when you happened to be around.

there is something completely delusional about this site, and here it is:

that what you say matters and will get you somewhere.

Sure, you might be on David T's Hall of Fame and have a 2 next to your intelligent quip instead of a 1, but big woo (on the grand scale)! Eventually your messages get archived, but not soon enough for the people tired of reading them.

None of this gets you anywhere. It distorts the actual picture of what you've accomplished on the outside. Even if you find someone around here who half way thinks you are very interesting. I mean, sorry, what do they really know? They may know what they like, but please, let's not go overboard on it. The next Morrissey is not going to be created off of this board because it's just way too impossible.

After all, this is a suspension of real life where you can see what someone says and think it's grand and all, but only in the message itself. you've completely lifted them out of the social context of what the rest of their life is like. It's not like we can drop everything and become brain surgeons all at once. And when you are locked into your life as it is, you're going to think a certain way or only be able to do certain things.

And when you get lifted out of a social context, what they spew on this board should be taken as nothing but spew. We sit around and argue about or praise Morrissey, and that is our lone common goal. Some people may be more intelligent than others, but who cares? Just remind yourself that in real life, this is probably you wouldn't be seen with no matter how big of fans of Morrissey you are.

Its' kind of like high school in that regard. Now we're forced to mingle with the other cliques and find that we don't like it a lot.

i guess i've never really had a "clique." i never belonged to any of them and as the line goes "i am mine"(somewhat out of context i know) i suppose i was really naive to think that there could be discussion without personal attacks and criticisms but i was wrong wrong wrong. i do believe that there are truly very intelligent people on this board and that every single person on this board has valuable opinions. i mean even oscar wilde listened to everyone even when they were so called "beneath him." i don't really believe that there are too many simpletons that listen to morrissey anyway but then that is me looking through rose colour glasses yet again. i do think that you are full of wit and highly intellectual and i do not mean this response to sound pretentious or overly humble but very matter of fact. when people do insult me i wonder what reasons they must have for doing so or how i personally have offended them. do they simply think that i'm intellectually beneath them are my views so foul and wrong that they must state harshly that what i say is crap. i do wonder whats wrong with(hey look i use alliteration like morrissey does, maybe that could be a topic rather than i hate this or that person) the world of me. maybe i am just an idiot? "oh well enough said...."

"people where i come from, they survive without feelings or blood, i never could, was stoned to death"

the inescapable idealist,
salome

ps i tried being a soldier and it got me nowhere

> i guess i've never really had a "clique." i never
> belonged to any of them and as the line goes "i am
> mine"(somewhat out of context i know)

but there are groups that you define yourself against...

>i suppose i was
> really naive to think that there could be discussion without
> personal attacks and criticisms but i was wrong wrong wrong.

c'mon, we can't stop being people just for the sake of a morrissey discussion.

>i
> do believe that there are truly very intelligent people on this
> board and that every single person on this board has valuable
> opinions. i mean even oscar wilde listened to everyone even when
> they were so called "beneath him." i don't really
> believe that there are too many simpletons that listen to
> morrissey anyway but then that is me looking through rose colour
> glasses yet again.

stupid people need music

>i do think that you are full of wit and
> highly intellectual and i do not mean this response to sound
> pretentious or overly humble but very matter of fact.

thbbtt. it's not like i have ever been anywhere close to being called before the UN to solve a world crisis.

>when
> people do insult me i wonder what reasons they must have for
> doing so or how i personally have offended them. do they simply
> think that i'm intellectually beneath them are my views so foul
> and wrong that they must state harshly that what i say is crap.
> i do wonder whats wrong with(hey look i use alliteration like
> morrissey does, maybe that could be a topic rather than i hate
> this or that person) the world of me. maybe i am just an idiot?
> "oh well enough said...."

this is what i mean about taking this stuff too personally. it's not like any of them really have the power to pull you aside and ruin your life because you said the wrong thing...

..oops, maybe i'm wrong about that...

> "people where i come from, they survive without feelings or
> blood, i never could, was stoned to death"

> ps i tried being a soldier and it got me nowhere

does being an idealist get you to point B any faster?

i don't know. sometimes, i think that maybe if i woke up with a smile on my face, drove a gigantic SUV, and had taken a career in C++ programming, i would some how really be a different person...but when i wise up, i can't imagine it. it's like wherever i go, and what i happen to be doing at that moment, it still boils down to me performing that activity. and you can't really escape yourself no matter how badly you want.

"the matrix is all around you...."

here i am running the risk of feeling like joan of arc. getting to point b? well being an idealist gives me hope so that i can get to point b no matter how long it takes. i'm a very positive person despite the fact that some people on the discussion board believe that i'm depressed. without noticing the beauty the world has to offer in front of me i would rather not live. i think my statements are very optimistic and ugliness and rudeness hasn't made me happier. i use to have a very "bad" attitude and well it took me a long time to realize that loving people(though it may never gotten me any "things" in life) always made me happier. i understand that "bad scenes come and go for which we must allow" but i hate people having to be nasty to other people to get their way or prove a point. people's arguments have always been stronger with me when thay have been presented with proof and tact. no one who's ever yelled at me has ever changed my mind about an issue or have made a positive difference in my life. i understand that cursing is a very powerful expression of one's emotions but when it is overused it often becomes weak. i know the power of words and i know that they can hurt as much as any tangible(if that's the right word?) wound. it is true that i am often accused of taking things too seriously but i sometimes think that people take things too lightly. this i just me babbling about my feelings and nothing about you personally as you have never personally insulted me! i am very grateful for that. oh i've already talked too much and said nothing! i hope you're dancing and laughing!

weeping for the world,
weeping willow

ps soldiers cry too.

i travelled north again

> here i am running the risk of feeling like joan of arc. getting
> to point b? well being an idealist gives me hope so that i can
> get to point b no matter how long it takes. i'm a very positive
> person despite the fact that some people on the discussion board
> believe that i'm depressed.

That's where we differ. I'm always on a time frame, for starters, and to me, there are some things that you should just accept the reality and move on. It might be nice to try, but after a while, there is a point where it becomes too detremental to your self esteem to keep hammering away at something you just plain can't achieve.

Not every story can turn out like Rocky or the Mighty Ducks where a bunch of losers whips the undefeated team in the climax of the big game.

You can't even properly earn most things. Most things in life (unfortunatly) are a group effort....and by that I mean that you have no chance of doing something unless someone else teaches you how, or uses their power to give you the chance, or agrees to help you out and work with you on it, or even offers emotional support for that matter...and of course, you know as well as I do how that feels when you've been working all day on something, worrying yourself over it and have someone come up to you and tell you how you suck and that you just didn't try hard enough.

And I say "unfortunatly" becuase most people are unreliable.

Oh, and this scenario is my favorite: how about if you try to improve yourself and make life better that only in the end, you end up bringing much worse things on yourself?

What if you need a big ol' "L" tattooed on your forehead?

>without noticing the beauty the
> world has to offer in front of me i would rather not live.

you can notice it, but can you have it?

"beauty" is such a vague term.

>i
> think my statements are very optimistic and ugliness and
> rudeness hasn't made me happier. i use to have a very
> "bad" attitude and well it took me a long time to
> realize that loving people(though it may never gotten me any
> "things" in life) always made me happier. i understand
> that "bad scenes come and go for which we must allow"
> but i hate people having to be nasty to other people to get
> their way or prove a point. people's arguments have always been
> stronger with me when thay have been presented with proof and
> tact. no one who's ever yelled at me has ever changed my mind
> about an issue or have made a positive difference in my life.

if you know all this, why do you keep worrying about it so much to the point where you don't post so often?

>i
> understand that cursing is a very powerful expression of one's
> emotions but when it is overused it often becomes weak. i know
> the power of words and i know that they can hurt as much as any
> tangible(if that's the right word?) wound. it is true that i am
> often accused of taking things too seriously but i sometimes
> think that people take things too lightly. this i just me
> babbling about my feelings and nothing about you personally as
> you have never personally insulted me! i am very grateful for
> that. oh i've already talked too much and said nothing! i hope
> you're dancing and laughing!

Dancing and laughing in general? NO.

Brutality

> Not every story can turn out like Rocky or the Mighty Ducks
> where a bunch of losers whips the undefeated team in the climax
> of the big game.

Hiya Chuckles! I assure you I come in peace. After reading the sentence above I simply couldn't resist. It got me thinking, what would the result be if Rocky actually took on The Mighty Ducks?

I mean Rocky's a pretty muscular, athletic, fully grown man. The Mighty Ducks, on the other hand, are a band of wimpy, half-daft, pre-pubescant losers whose uniforms don't even fit.

I reckon it'd be a blockbuster of a movie myself. It would go through all of the inane, sobby-hanky type stuff for a while with Emilio Estevez giving Mrs Balboa (Adrianne I think) a bit of a porking just to make it a real grudge match at the end. But in the final showdown, the main event, the climax of the whole movie, who would win?

Personally I'd say Sly'd hospitalise a good half-dozen of the geeky little bastards (with a least three consigned to intensive care and possibly one fatality), but surely sheer weight of numbers combined with padding and ice-hockey sticks would see the Italian Stallion beaten to a bloody pulp (preferably in slow motion). Mind you being beaten to a bloody pulp doesn't seem to have too much of an effect on our Rocky. I saw him in Rocky 26 take on the entire Chinese army with only a camel and a potato. My head says The Mighty Ducks but my heart says Rocky.

They could do a sequel where a no-holds-barred Rocky kicks the living $hit out of McAuley Culkin, Michael Jackson and Bubbles the monkey.

Rock on Sly!

T.P.U. xxx

Re: Brutality

> Hiya Chuckles! I assure you I come in peace. After reading the
> sentence above I simply couldn't resist. It got me thinking,
> what would the result be if Rocky actually took on The Mighty
> Ducks?

> I mean Rocky's a pretty muscular, athletic, fully grown man. The
> Mighty Ducks, on the other hand, are a band of wimpy, half-daft,
> pre-pubescant losers whose uniforms don't even fit.

> I reckon it'd be a blockbuster of a movie myself. It would go
> through all of the inane, sobby-hanky type stuff for a while
> with Emilio Estevez giving Mrs Balboa (Adrianne I think) a bit
> of a porking just to make it a real grudge match at the end. But
> in the final showdown, the main event, the climax of the whole
> movie, who would win?

> Personally I'd say Sly'd hospitalise a good half-dozen of the
> geeky little bastards (with a least three consigned to intensive
> care and possibly one fatality), but surely sheer weight of
> numbers combined with padding and ice-hockey sticks would see
> the Italian Stallion beaten to a bloody pulp (preferably in slow
> motion). Mind you being beaten to a bloody pulp doesn't seem to
> have too much of an effect on our Rocky. I saw him in Rocky 26
> take on the entire Chinese army with only a camel and a potato.
> My head says The Mighty Ducks but my heart says Rocky.

And your ass says that you are predictable...

> They could do a sequel where a no-holds-barred Rocky kicks the
> living $hit out of McAuley Culkin, Michael Jackson and Bubbles
> the monkey.

> Rock on Sly!

> T.P.U. xxx

My love is like a red, red nose...

> And your ass says that you are predictable...

Hiya Buttons!

You know I still love you ordinary girl even though you're very bitter. I have another "special" friend. His name's Pantomime jobby-boy and I just know you two will hit it off. What d'ya say cow-girl? You, the Aussie arse and Squeeky (that's his decrepit cat) along with your neglected pot-plant and amoeba. A formidable line-up.

Pining.

T.P.U. xxx

and a pile of garbage by any other name smells just as sour....

> What d'ya say cow-girl?

Wait a minute...I remember you...you're the freak who was at one time nice and suddenly began hating me for no reason....

Bitter, bitter, bitter.

> Wait a minute...I remember you...you're the freak who was at one
> time nice and suddenly began hating me for no reason....

That was quick Cuddles!

How can you say these nasty things? I am wounded! You must be thinking of another. I'm sure I've NEVER said I hate you. I'm not averse to having a bit of a laugh at you because, quite frankly, you deserve it. And you amuse me. As for the no reason bit weeeeeellll selective memory won't get you far.

I DO love you ordinary girl and always remember, member, member what a womble, womble, womble you are.

T.P.U. xxx

Re: Bitter, bitter, bitter.

> That was quick Cuddles!

> How can you say these nasty things? I am wounded! You must be
> thinking of another. I'm sure I've NEVER said I hate you. I'm
> not averse to having a bit of a laugh at you because, quite
> frankly, you deserve it. And you amuse me. As for the no reason
> bit weeeeeellll selective memory won't get you far.

:^)

isn't that what always happens when a guy likes a girl and he suddenly realizes there isn't a chance? Even after she told him five million times "hey, move on, buddy"? I can definitely see why there is a real reason to hate her. She was honest and he didn't pay attention and now it's all her fault.

Perplexing paradigm.

> isn't that what always happens when a guy likes a girl and he
> suddenly realizes there isn't a chance? Even after she told him
> five million times "hey, move on, buddy"? I can
> definitely see why there is a real reason to hate her. She was
> honest and he didn't pay attention and now it's all her fault.

Hiya Dimples!

Errrrrmmm, what? Did you bump your head during the interlude?

Get well soon. Your buddy,

T.P.U. xxx

Thank you for this, it explains alot

> isn't that what always happens when a guy likes a girl and he
> suddenly realizes there isn't a chance? Even after she told him
> five million times "hey, move on, buddy"? I can
> definitely see why there is a real reason to hate her. She was
> honest and he didn't pay attention and now it's all her fault.

I just wanted to interrupt this thread to say thank you. This exactly describes alot of things that I went through with a particular guy, and with once nice then psycho males, and I now see how it all fell into place. It's a tragedy that people can be so obsessive.....and psycho. But, it happens....unfortunatly.

the concordance!

> I just wanted to interrupt this thread to say thank you. This
> exactly describes alot of things that I went through with a
> particular guy, and with once nice then psycho males, and I now
> see how it all fell into place. It's a tragedy that people can
> be so obsessive.....and psycho. But, it happens....unfortunatly.

don't you hate it? Reminds me of one of those cases they have on Judge Joe Brown where the guy writes letters to the girl saying "I want to have the surgery to have your love child" and then denying it in front of everyone on national TV.

True, it's not only guys who suffer from the "hey, they looked at me cross-eyed, they must really like me!" syndrome, but still, that's my whole basis for the argument of why people who are in love are completely dumb. The guy who built the Taj Mahal actually put his insanity to good use, but good grief, disguising himself with a new handle and still calling her "cow girl"?!?!?!? I mean, at least come up with a new insult or something to not let us know that it's you.

It's even better that the whole thing happened some time last year....

Your confusion.

, disguising himself with a new handle and still
> calling her "cow girl"?!?!?!? I mean, at least come up
> with a new insult or something to not let us know that it's you.
> It's even better that the whole thing happened some time last
> year....

Ok, now I see. Don't flatter yourself dimples. I don't know who called you cow-girl last year but it most definitely wasn't me. It was simply a term that I associated with Texas (ie. where you live).

Your egocentricity has blinded you to the blatant sarcasm to which you are being subjected. I'm sure that on a personal level your insignificant existence is validated by the nonsensical, little fantasy land you've created inside your atrophying, sorry excuse for a brain. I'll bet that mincing around in the self deluded belief that males are somehow infatuated by you adds a spark of intrigue and excitement to your lackluster life. Hate to burst your bubble ordinary girl but it's a sorry reflection on your "reading comprehension skills" that I need actually point out I am taking the p1ss.

Hope that cleared things up a bit for you.

Adios Mutley.

T.P.U. xxx

my epiphony

> , disguising himself with a new handle and still

> Ok, now I see. Don't flatter yourself dimples. I don't know who
> called you cow-girl last year but it most definitely wasn't me.
> It was simply a term that I associated with Texas (ie. where you
> live).

Oh, that's right. I happen to have lots of bitter souls following me around and calling me "cowgirl". It's such a common insult. I completely forgot. My mistake.

I'm sure Jeanne would more than agree with me that you need to move on and get a hobby. Carrying around such bitterness nearly 8 months on is really old.

I figured it was you even without the "cowgirl" reference.

> Your egocentricity has blinded you to the blatant sarcasm to
> which you are being subjected. I'm sure that on a personal level
> your insignificant existence is validated by the nonsensical,
> little fantasy land you've created inside your atrophying, sorry
> excuse for a brain. I'll bet that mincing around in the self
> deluded belief that males are somehow infatuated by you adds a
> spark of intrigue and excitement to your lackluster life. Hate
> to burst your bubble ordinary girl but it's a sorry reflection
> on your "reading comprehension skills" that I need
> actually point out I am taking the p1ss.

She: "Your honor, he put a pipe bomb in front of my house!"
Ted: "Your honor, I object!"
Judge Joe Brown: "Now hold on there and quit yer yelling...."
Ted "But I never seen it before!"
She "Your honor, we have serveillance video of him placing the bomb outside of my house. As you can see he puts the bomb back..and to the left...back, and to the left..."
Ted "That wasn't me!"
She: "But your honor, here is the stack of letters he sent to me for the last 3 months that read, 'i am going to put a pipe bomb outside of your house. signed, Ted'"
JJB: "Is this true, sir?"
Ted "No, it isn't, your honor. I never wrote her a letter in my life. I can't even hold a pen. My index finger starts spasming and I drop it. I don't even speak English..."

JJB: "So, what in the world do you think you are speaking now?"

Ted: "I don't know."

JJB: "That sounds a mighty lot like English to me."

Ted: "I think it's Afrikaanz. How come nobody ever believes what I say? I've never met her before. I don't even know what females are. I don't even know how I got into this courtroom."
She: "Your honor, I had 3 different handwriting analysts confirm that it was he who wrote the letter, AND about 100 co-workers at the factory saw him run up to me in the parking lot and start yelling, 'I'm going to bomb your house!' I brought all of them in to testify today."
Judge: "OK, we don't have time to get to all 100 of you, so I need you to answer in unison."
All: "He's the one your honor!"
Ted: "But it wasn't me your honor! It was mass hallucination brought on by chemicals in hand soap."

Re: Your confusion.

> Your egocentricity

You're one to talk about that Mr. Message Board Stalker. She obviously doens't care for you, and you spend your days analyzing her, and annoying her still. Get a grip. Get over it. MOVE ON. IF you can.....it's just pathetic.

>has blinded you to the blatant sarcasm to
> which you are being subjected. I'm sure that on a personal level
> your insignificant existence is validated by the nonsensical,
> little fantasy land you've created inside your atrophying, sorry
> excuse for a brain. I'll bet that mincing around in the self
> deluded belief that males are somehow infatuated by you adds a
> spark of intrigue and excitement to your lackluster life. Hate
> to burst your bubble ordinary girl but it's a sorry reflection
> on your "reading comprehension skills" that I need
> actually point out I am taking the p1ss.

Blah blah-blah blah blah blah. In other words, you have nothing to say and you're still bitter and you need to be read. Get over it.

I LOVE IT, a good read!

> you need to
> move on and get a hobby. Carrying around such bitterness nearly
> 8 months on is really old.

True, he does....Ah, suzanne, you have outdone yourself. This is WONDERFUL, hillarious, and true.

> She: "Your honor, he put a pipe bomb in front of my
> house!"
> Ted: "Your honor, I object!"
> Judge Joe Brown: "Now hold on there and quit yer
> yelling...."
> Ted "But I never seen it before!"
> She "Your honor, we have serveillance video of him placing
> the bomb outside of my house. As you can see he puts the bomb
> back..and to the left...back, and to the left..."
> Ted "That wasn't me!"
> She: "But your honor, here is the stack of letters he sent
> to me for the last 3 months that read, 'i am going to put a pipe
> bomb outside of your house. signed, Ted'"
> JJB: "Is this true, sir?"
> Ted "No, it isn't, your honor. I never wrote her a letter
> in my life. I can't even hold a pen. My index finger starts
> spasming and I drop it. I don't even speak English..."

> JJB: "So, what in the world do you think you are speaking
> now?"

> Ted: "I don't know."

> JJB: "That sounds a mighty lot like English to me."

> Ted: "I think it's Afrikaanz. How come nobody ever believes
> what I say? I've never met her before. I don't even know what
> females are. I don't even know how I got into this
> courtroom."
> She: "Your honor, I had 3 different handwriting analysts
> confirm that it was he who wrote the letter, AND about 100
> co-workers at the factory saw him run up to me in the parking
> lot and start yelling, 'I'm going to bomb your house!' I brought
> all of them in to testify today."
> Judge: "OK, we don't have time to get to all 100 of you, so
> I need you to answer in unison."
> All: "He's the one your honor!"
> Ted: "But it wasn't me your honor! It was mass
> hallucination brought on by chemicals in hand soap."

You're Pathetic.

> I figured it was you even without the "cowgirl"
> reference.

Weeeelll of couse you did Bubbles. Because in the convoluted little head fantasy land that you inhabit EVERYONE with a penis has an unhealthy lusting for you, don't they? As well as stalking you on the net I must also be the two (probably completely innocent) guys outlined on the link included below?

Go pop a pimple, Lumpy.

T.P.U. xxx

Your headspace ordinary girl!

Sad, sad,sad.

> True, he does....Ah, suzanne, you have outdone yourself. This is
> WONDERFUL, hillarious, and true.

Hahahahahahahaha! Weeeeeeelllll, howdy-do dimples!

Good for you ordinary girl, you've now got an imaginary friend to go with your make believe life!
HONESTLY, making up a name and then posting two messages of support to yourself within 20mins is hardly original. I fear for you.

Get help soapdodger.

T.P.U. xxx

Back
Top Bottom