Sydney - State Theater (Dec. 10, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Tom Blom.

Last edited:
Talked about another horrible Qantas flight, from Brisbane to Sydney. I know from a friend it was quite bad, 2 intereupted landings before they got down.

Ended his story with : «But, the good thing about being dead is that you dont have to listen to Ed Sheeran anymore».

einrebell-10122023-0001.jpg

Morrissey has never been one to do complete makeovers of the setlist from one night to the next, but this particular run of shows under the "40 Years of Morrissey" banner have been particularly stagnant, with "Sweet and Tender Hooligan" and "Istanbul" being the only original, released songs performed sporadically and once, respectively.

Here are the stats thus far. Usually we see a tad bit more variety.

Morrissey has never been one to do complete makeovers of the setlist from one night to the next, but this particular run of shows under the "40 Years of Morrissey" banner have been particularly stagnant, with "Sweet and Tender Hooligan" and "Istanbul" being the only original, released songs performed sporadically and once, respectively.

Here are the stats thus far. Usually we see a tad bit more variety.

How come it says Suedehead was played once more than the other regulars? There would have to have been either a show where they played Suedehead and cut it short after the one song, or a show where they played Suedehead twice.

Maybe he has another line up already rehearsing for the YATQ shows, although 5/6 weeks should be enough for the current crew to get sorted.

Last edited:
Talked about another horrible Qantas flight, from Brisbane to Sydney. I know from a friend it was quite bad, 2 intereupted landings before they got down.

Ended his story with : «But, the good thing about being dead is
Well when you're past a certain age there are many good things about being dead.

But I'm sure you can have a death wish without extending it to the whole environment? Besides emissions, your crashing plane could hit quite a few birds on its way down. And then, on hitting the ground, destroy a cute small mammal... a possum, or a Nancy Sinatra...
How could you live with that?
(Well you couldn't, obviously.)

Last edited:
Maybe he has another line up already rehearsing for the YATQ shows, although5/6 weeks should be enough for the current crew to get sorted.

Seeing this photo below made me speculate that she may be rehearsing Quarry songs (?)

1702238144885.jpeg

too bad we can’t get a closer clear look at that screen.

Second time wearing a ‘dandy’ shirt. Though a later T Rex album, it still rocks!

How awesome would it be if that line-up was rehearsing in Belfast, Cork and Dublin a couple of weeks ago?

That would be amazing!
It would be the greatest career move MOZ has made in the last 20 years!

But sadly its not gonna happen... MOZ is gonna keep this current mediocre budget band for awhile.
Moz let Alain and Guz go because he couldn't afford the salary of a true musicians anymore.
The new mediocre members only get half of what Guz and Alain were paid because they have half their talent and skill.

These Quarry shows are just to recover lost funds for all the cancellations this year.

Back
Top Bottom