"Satellite Of Love" (live) to be released as a single (Dec. 2, 2013) - true-to-you.net

Hello friends, I haven't posted a message here in quite some time. I just had to write that this is some of the best Morrissey news I've read in over a year. We missed him in Chicago.
This recording is a tender tribute and both inspired and inspiring--the cover art is beautiful and compelling as well. One word: beautiful. Truly, Ken Stavitzke

Re: TTY - Satellite Of Love to be released as a single

00081d52-440.jpg

Nice cover art. Decent photo, tasteful fonts, Parlophone always a nice logo (Beatles-Blur).
Look forward to the full track listing.

Lovely art work for a man that once looked quite nice.
Releasing this is a low mark.
Lou's dead lets cash in..Lou's estate will get revenue but he could have released a new song and had this as a double A side or b side.
They would have still got money, instead the fans will now not only will the fans buy an audio book voiced by someone who isn't the author, they buy a cover song that has been about for an age.
Add this to his 25 live illness gig (which most die hards can't even love, he looks and sounds sucking shit) and you have to f***ing wonder where his mind is.

Parlophone have also said more Morrissey news will be announced soon."

Interesting. Let's hope he's re-signed with them.

https://img.rasset.ie/00081d52-440.jpg

Hate to burst your bubble, but the news is that 'Your Arsenal' re-issue will be released in 2014 as well. That's why the studio version of 'You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side' is on the release as well. Knowing how Morrissey has buggered around with the tracklistings in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if he plonked a 2011 live version of Satellite of Love in the middle of the Arsenal re-release.

Very nice cover. Classy.

He had a tit on the last sleeve too.

Tom Ravenscroft is sitting for Lamo today, BBC 6 Music is now playing the song!!

You can listen again from iplayer 01:55:00.

This would be the third release he puts out using the mannequin shoot.

Lou's dead lets cash in..Lou's estate will get revenue but he could have released a new song and had this as a double A side or b side.
They would have still got money, instead the fans will now not only will the fans buy an audio book voiced by someone who isn't the author, they buy a cover song that has been about for an age.
Add this to his 25 live illness gig (which most die hards can't even love, he looks and sounds sucking shit) and you have to f***ing wonder where his mind is.

Of course he's going to cash in over Lou's death...because he's grieving!

How very vulgar. No excuses. Someone somewhere whether it be at the record company or Morrissey's camp needs to take a long hard look at themselves. If this had been a Simon Cowell production most of you would howl with rage. As it is Morrissey it is seemngly ok as he used to really like him back in the day.

No doubt its a good cover but what a tacky release.

Are the proceeds going to charideee? and does he mention George Aligayah in it?

Hate to burst your bubble, but the news is that 'Your Arsenal' re-issue will be released in 2014 as well. That's why the studio version of 'You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side' is on the release as well. Knowing how Morrissey has buggered around with the tracklistings in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if he plonked a 2011 live version of Satellite of Love in the middle of the Arsenal re-release.

Yes, I certainly agree that Your Arsenal's track-listing is one that just should not be meddled with. He got it absolutely right back in 1992.

Never been a fan of this cover of Satellite, for me it doesn't quite suit him. Some other unreleased, uncollected live covers would have been nice on the flip-side. To Give (The Reason I Live) and You Say You Don't Love Me perhaps.

Last edited:
please please please tour uk soon,new material also

...any new material probably isn't gonna be as good as a Lou Reed cover.

Anyway, to those crying "cash in!" about the release of this cover, I mean, he recorded it two years back. Reed was still alive. Obviously Morrissey genuinely is and has always been a huge fan. Choosing to release it as a single now may be related to the death, but as a tribute not as a cash-in. Timely is timely; seems like a good move to me.

Oh well, so what if he is cashing in. You don’t think record companies and other musicians will cash in when Morrissey passes doing covers of his songs because he'll finally get the appreciation he deserves?

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom