Morrissey Central "PESTANA PALACE" (February 27, 2024)

Screenshot_20240227-211236.png

PESTANA PALACE

February 27, 2024
The 'new' Morrissey interview and accompanying photographs at Pestana Palace are a hoax. Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.

The interview referenced is labelled "Published on Dec 31, 2014" and is found here:

(article image added to OP)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s possible this is simply an oversight as a transition in management takes place and the current one gets acclimated. It’s also possible there is an ongoing disconnect between the different tentacles that is the Moz octopus. It seems like there is always a lack of communication that causes these issues that could so easily be avoided. It’s as if no one talks to anyone else and they just do what they want… rarely pulling in the same direction.
You need to post here more :lbf:

Here we have it. Certain people we know, criticise a completely harmless, meaningless interview that Morrissey doesn't want to have given just because it doesn't suit him anymore and he's paranoid about the press in general.

Here we have it. Certain people we know, criticise a completely harmless, meaningless interview that Morrissey doesn't want to have given just because it doesn't suit him anymore and he's paranoid about the press.
Now he has shifted from lying about what he says in interviews to actually doing interviews, despite proof. It's probably not his fault though.

This has a similar vibe to that Central statement regarding the initial meeting between Johnny and Geoff Travis, where Morrissey seems to have either misremembered, or got the wrong end of the stick. I'm guessing he thought it was pretending to be a new interview, whereas if he'd stopped for a cursory read of said article, he'd have seen it was a genuine interview from a decade ago.
I think he just can't stop lying

Right, critcize the interviewer. Try to shift the blame from Morrissey.
Imagine, they hire a manager for you again. He costs a lot of money. He's supposed to restore your reputation, get you to the top of the charts (where you think you belong) and convince young people of your greatness. And yet another typical Central Post pops up...

Imagine, they hire a manager for you again. He costs a lot of money. He's supposed to restore your reputation, get you to the top of the charts (where you think you belong) and convince young people of your greatness. And yet another typical Central Post pops up...
Yes, it went exactly as I expected it would, I bet you did too

I'm Portuguese, and I know the Pestana Palace. It's definitely one of the hotels where Morrissey could stay. In fact, many musicians stay there. The photos look like they were actually taken there. Morrissey was in Lisbon in October 2014; I know because I attended the concert. What I find strange is that the interview isn't signed by the journalist, which is unusual.
It isn't a 'traditional' publication - it's a hotel magazine for about 100 hotels. The interview was filmed and photographed. Only the photographer was credited at the time.
Regards,
FWD.

Well, it just irks Morrissey that this photographer posts an old interview plus photos without stating it is an old interview.

There’s really nothing more to it. ‘Hoax’ is too much of a word, but then he likes hyperbole.

Well, it just irks Morrissey that this photographer posts an old interview plus photos without stating it is an old interview.

There’s really nothing more to it. ‘Hoax’ is too much of a word, but then he likes hyperbole.
Oh, so you discussed this with him. Good to know.

Right, critcize the interviewer. Try to shift the blame from Morrissey.
was this a new interview,NO.
has M been in portugal recently,NO.
its like talking to a brick wall.

Yes, it went exactly as I expected it would, I bet you did too
Did I trust him to wreck it? I think at some point, he has to realise that things can't go on like this. Especially when his desire to be popular and successful is so torpedoed by his public image and online presence.

Did I trust him to wreck it? I think at some point, he has to realise that things can't go on like this. Especially when his desire to be popular and successful is so torpedoed by his public image and online presence.
I think you could have guessed he would wreck it, or maybe not.
I think fans know it can't go on like this, I am not sure he realizes it. I don't think he ever thinks he does anything wrong.

I think you could have guessed he would wreck it, or maybe not.
I think fans know it can't go on like this, I am not sure he realizes it. I don't think he ever thinks he does anything wrong.
As other very accurate people have already pointed out, one could infer from the photographer's insta post that Morrissey had recently been interviewed. But you could just as easily say that's not what she's writing. The statement is not related to the "here & now". The Central message only shows, that people there are anxious and would now also shoot at white rabbits. I was actually expecting something bigger: a press release, a trip to Canosa or the opening up of new, unimagined possibilities and not such small-minded reactions.

As other very accurate people have already pointed out, one could infer from the photographer's insta post that Morrissey had recently been interviewed. But you could just as easily say that's not what she's writing. The statement is not related to the "here & now". The Central message only shows, that people there are anxious and would now also shoot at white rabbits. I was actually expecting something bigger: a press release, a trip to Canosa or the opening up of new, unimagined possibilities and not such small-minded reactions.
Well, one doesn’t exclude the other.
Some good news can still be forthcoming soon.

It is a bit naive to expect Morrissey to stop with Central. That will never happen, we all know that.

Back
Top Bottom