NME: "Rick Astley tells us about his Glastonbury secret set of Smiths covers with Blossoms" (June 24, 2023)

Rick-Astley-and-Blossoms-Kentish-Town-Forum-13.9.21-c-Peter-Neill-1-1392x884.jpg

Astley on the reactions of Morrissey and Johnny Marr, and what it means to play Glasto: "I know it’s sacrilege and they should hang the lot of us on the line for doing it, but I also just don’t care"

Rick Astley/Blossoms play Smiths set at Glastonbury

Am i the only one ....... that thinks this is shit and has actually harmed Moz, due to the reactions.

I f***ing hated Rick Astley, he can't sing, had 1 memorable hit that's become a shit meme the fact that so many people love this that don't like the Smiths tells you all you need to know.....

The guys sold millions of albums though, so not sure it's just one memorable song, even his last 2 albums reached Gold and Silver from a sales perspective.

The guys sold millions of albums though, so not sure it's just one memorable song, even his last 2 albums reached Gold and Silver from a sales perspective.

He might have sold records to his fans, but how many of his songs are memorable?

No one ever mentions any other song of his.

Each to his own, i think he's shit so nerrrrrrrr

I really really enjoyed to listen the show . Rick Astley , Blossoms and the Glastonbury crowd were surprisingly amazing .
THE SMITHS - what a legend !!! :hearteyes::bow:

I did enjoy his stint with Blossoms at Glasto, but, honestly, this is giving me Olly Murs vibes.......
I started watching the Glasto show yesterday, all here -

They were not trying to be The Smiths, just playing glammed-up rockier showy versions. Fun!

The guy just has a new single out:

Curious what the fans on here all think :)

Not my cup of tea. I couldn't listen to this kind of music every day. Once is enough

Iconic music publication NME is relaunching its print magazine.

After shutting down production in 2018 to focus on its digital presence, the brand will return as a global bimonthly magazine with a July/August issue featuring fast-rising indie singer-songwriter D4vd. Each issue will focus on an emerging artist as part of NME’s commitment to music discovery, and a limited number of copies will be sold via select partners (starting with music retailer Dawsons on Aug. 9) to enact what NME Networks COO Holly Bishop calls a “high-hype model.”

“We believe there’s value in scarcity, and you really see this in the hype and buzz that’s created in the fashion world, particularly around sneaker drops. We’re taking a similar approach to the magazine,” Bishop, who has worked in publishing at NME for 10 years, tells Variety. “Of course, we want the brand to be accessible … but there really is something valuable in delivering a product that’s hard to get your hands on.”

One of the most historic titles in music journalism, the U.K.-based New Musical Express was founded in 1952 and quickly became a tastemaker, helping propel British acts from the Rolling Stones to the Sex Pistols, U2, Blur and Oasis to worldwide fame. Now, in a media landscape where print publications are growing scarcer by the day, Bishop cites NME Networks’ acquisition by Caldecott Music Group in 2019 as one of the factors that will allow for NME to create a magazine that isn’t driven solely by profit...

Full article, from 22 July at https://variety.com/2023/music/global/nme-print-magazine-relaunch-1235674465/

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom