Morrissey shy???

imogen11

Just curious to know what others think. Morrissey has often sung about shyness and it would appear, from what he says, that he was very shy whilst growing up, but would you still describe him as shy??

I don't know...being a shy person myself, I always find it hard to reconcile someone claiming they are shy with the fact that they are up on stage every 2nd night, or giving interviews, or appearing on television. Many performers/celeberities claim to be shy, yet this is the life they lead. I know I couldn't do it!!

Do you think he has just gotten over his shyness or is he still shy?

Well, he doesn't have to have any relationships to those who come to his concerts, does he? I think that's a difference. When you are in a foreign country or a place where nobody knows you, you're not that shy... Or at least I'm not, being a shy person..

Shyness is something that CAN be controlled, I think that Moz is still shy but he's able to manage his shyness much better than when he was young. I was incredibly shy as a kid [the kind of kid who'd rather get a zero on an oral report in school rather than have to get up infront of everyone] and now at 25 I'm still shy but I mostly have control over it. It's not easy though, sometimes it's a battle.

I think I could do what Moz and other performers do, however, I'd have to wear a blindfold or something up on stage. ;) Don't mind being seen [cause I'm hot lol] but I wouldn't want to see 1000s of people looking right at me.

You've only got to watch one interview with him. There's never been a popstar who's as awkward and obviously hating every minute.

I don't know...being a shy person myself, I always find it hard to reconcile someone claiming they are shy with the fact that they are up on stage every 2nd night, or giving interviews, or appearing on television. Many performers/celeberities claim to be shy, yet this is the life they lead. I know I couldn't do it!!

I've often wondered the same thing, I guess there's different types of shyness. The person who said Morrissey often looks uncomfortable in interviews is right, though. And did you see "The Importance of Being Morrissey"? There's a bit where a fan thanks him for everything he's done and you can tell it's really an akward moment for him. Other stars live for this sort of thing, I'm sure :) .

I consider myself shy...

When I was in school I used to do the morning show and all and spoke infront of the school for graduation...and I was never shy when it came to speaking infront of a large group of people or being broadcast over the TV to the entire school.

What I really was and am still shy about is being one on one with someone. It just is so awkward and tough for me to feel comfortable around someone else. I feel more comfortable when there are more people around. When someone talks to me I feel so sick inside because I can't stand to think about how they see me. How I look to them. How I sound to them. How I act to them.

I don't know...it is weird...I empathize with his shyness...

he really shows his shyness with his facial expressions and low-volumed talking and hesitant greets at the end of his interviews and also some of concert i think..

I don't see his shyness currently. On the contrary, I think he is very charismatic, very strong...:rolleyes:
He used to be shy in the beginning I think, but according to me, he is not anymore. Maybe I am wrong, but I saw him twice that year on tour, and he was not shy. He rather impressed me, instead!
I think some of his facial expressions show that he is maybe depressed or something like that.
Moz is sarcastic, sardonic, funny, but shy?:confused: I am not sure. But he is sometimes a little nervous maybe.:) The low volumed-talking voice makes me think how relaxed he can be...:o

I think at gigs he is in control of the situation. He knows exactly what he has to do and no one is going to ask anything unusual of him. He can just sing, say a few quips and then go home.

That's very different from being in a social situation where you don't know who's going to say what and what your answer will be and where you will be expected to make conversation out of the blue with someone you've never met before.

u r right but at first sight he acts shy, i love his depressed,arrogant and gentleman attitudes..but i think there is a shy boy in him and it is still alive

but i think there is a shy boy in him and it is still alive
It is cute!:p
Yes, maybe he can hide his shyness better now... I don't know him enough maybe...:p
But there are people more shy than he is, in the showbizz...:rolleyes:

It is cute!:p
Yes, maybe he can hide his shyness better now... I don't know him enough maybe...:p
But there are people more shy than he is, in the showbizz...:rolleyes:

Everyone who's ever known him has said he is painfully shy. Are they all lying? Why would he live the life of a near recluse if he wasn't shy?

thats right...and i think also this alone life is coming from his arrogant british manner, i guess..not happy with humankind as he seems

I saw him "off stage" this year and he was very shy. Very different from his "on stage" persona. But I even liked it more, he's very charming in his shyness.

I saw him "off stage" this year and he was very shy. Very different from his "on stage" persona. But I even liked it more, he's very charming in his shyness.

absouletly charming...so gentle like a feather lol:rolleyes:

Everyone who's ever known him has said he is painfully shy. Are they all lying? Why would he live the life of a near recluse if he wasn't shy?

Are you sure he is still a recluse?:D There was an evolution between the time when he was closed in his bedroom, listening to other people come and go, and now, if I make no mistake.
In the 90s, he used to meet many people, to socialize. (That is what I have read in a interview).
He has said not long ago that he is not a celibate anymore, and since a long time.
Have you seen the interview he made- on a dvd- for a French magazine in april or may? He said he was a lot more happy now than he used to, ;) and that he used to be closed in himself;now, he feels better.
He has opened up.
In Los Angeles, he was going to the beach, he was going out.

I think Moz doesn't want people to annoy him, and that is why he avoids them. He doesn't especially like people. He wants to be a myth too, maybe, and that implies not going to every party, and so on...He seems to frequent posh places, and no everyone can spot him in such places.

(Living like a near recluse like he used to, may have been linked to depression rather than to shyness:( ;( But hum, that is my humble opinion. (Very very humble).

thats right...and i think also this alone life is coming from his arrogant british manner, i guess..not happy with humankind as he seems

British people are not "arrogant" as a general rule. It is not a national trait you know :mad:

Some people mistake shyness with arrogance. Maybe they should try to understand a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom