morrissey 2nd

I think you are assuming because you are reading about it all the time here it's getting a lot of attention in the UK. It really isn't other than on a few entertainment outlets.

The country is more bothered about the murder of five women and Tony Blair's crookedness than some silly invented award for a tv show.

And David Attenborough is a massive personality in the UK. Much more famous than Morrissey.

oh...i thought it was big because even Morrissey made a comment on it a few times.

I have no idea who David Attenborough is. I read his bio and thought it was weird he beat out a bunch of rock stars. though actually, the 'music' vote was divided between many musicians so David could easily coast on by. i guess

They told us he'd won at the beginning of the show, and we had to pretend we didn't know. According to the staff on the show, the voting had been extremely close between Morrissey and Attenborough. They also knew about the multiple votes. Anyway, I'd spoken to the producer in the week leading up to the show, and she told me then that on the basis of the votes then, that Attenborough was the likely winner, and that they'd told both Morrissey and McCartney this fact. Anyway, as you know, they had conducted the vote after the programme last week, and as you know Moz was out in front that day. Mike, MaryAnn and myself began to wonder as Attenborough appeared at the shooting. Who was available that day? Hmmmm......

Anyway, regardless of that, we should be hugely proud that Moz made second, and very nearly first. It's a huge achievement. Morrissey cared enough to get on camera and talk about it. Think about it - would you ever had wondered he would come second - and almost win?

By the way, I went for a slash, and when I came back, Attenborough had nicked my seat. I didn't know what to say. I eventually said "Excuse me Sir, because you are, can I have my chair back please?". He leaned over, looked at my badge and said "Oh...you're supporting HIM?". "Yes, but I bear no grudges" I replied.

Anyway - look - it's a huge acheivement. Be pleased and proud.

Peter

Last edited:
Bloody hell Peter, was that it?? :D

I think I fancy Lauren :)

They shot a load more than that, I said more, Mike had written the bullet-points to keep me on-track. I actually said some more salient bits after that, but they didn't use them.

Peter

They told us he'd won at the beginning of the show, and we had to pretend we didn't know. According to the staff on the show, the voting had been extremely close between Morrissey and Attenborough. They also knew about the multiple votes. Anyway, I'd spoken to the producer in the week leading up to the show, and she told me then that on the basis of the votes then, that Attenborough was the likely winner, and that they'd told both Morrissey and McCartney this fact. Anyway, as you know, they had conducted the vote after the programme last week, and as you know Moz was out in front that day. Mike, MaryAnn and myself began to wonder as Attenborough appeared at the shooting. Who was available that day? Hmmmm......

Anyway, regardless of that, we should be hugely proud that Moz made second, and very nearly first. It's a huge acheivement. Morrissey cared enough to get on camera and talk about it. Think about it - would you ever had wondered he would come second - and almost win?

By the way, I went for a slash, and when I came back, Attenborough had nicked my seat. I didn't know what to say. I eventually said "Excuse me Sir, because you are, can I have my chair back please?". He leaned over, looked at my badge and said "Oh...you're supporting HIM?". "Yes, but I bear no grudges" I replied.

Peter

EXCELLENT post. Bloody funny about the slash bit, well done Sir Skinny :D

I for one am VERY proud of Mozza.

Way to go Moz :)

when Moz announced he'd come 2nd in Frankfurt, I let out a huge "hoorah" & Moz said "thank you".

love

Grim
P.s. Goat is that geographically better now?

Anyway, regardless of that, we should be hugely proud that Moz made second, and very nearly first. It's a huge achievement. Morrissey cared enough to get on camera and talk about it. Think about it - would you ever had wondered he would come second - and almost win?

Peter

You are a brave man. There's no way I'd have the guts to turf Attenborough out of my seat. :D

To be fair, if Attenborough won without the aid of a forum full of manic fans he deserved to win.
:eek:

I am afraid he may have had other people s'aid ! BBC2 employees ' help, for example...:o
And there may have been some strange manipulations, possibly...:cool: If I remember correctly what Morrissey has said.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom