Marvel Studios (Morrissey mentioned in Ant-Man & the Wasp trailer) - Morrissey Central

(Mention at 0:52)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/marvel-studios

Posted a couple of times via SER on social media - now linked to on Central.
Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE July 6:

Posted by BoyWithTheThornInHisSide:

So I saw the latest Ant-Man tonight, and was surprised that there were a couple of Morrissey references to be found within! Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) actually has "Everyday is Like Sunday" as his ringtone! And there's a quick flashback story that Luis (Michael Peña) tells that involves a jukebox that only plays Morrissey songs. I stayed through the end of the credits and in addition to "Sunday", "The First of the Gang to Die" was also listed (though I don't remember hearing it). I've got to say, I might have been the only one in my theater who got the references, but I was delighted! The movie was pretty good (the standard popcorn fare with large doses of humor), but made only cooler by Morrissey! What do you guys think? He must have signed off on it, right? Do you think he's "selling out" or is he actually just embracing his recognition as a popular icon? I vote for the latter.

Last edited by a moderator:
these shit films are all the same- am sure moz didn't know anything about it till the trailer-tommy robinson may just end up the 1st of the gang to die- imagine that anthem ringing round britain
I'm sure Morrissey pissed himself with joy at the exposure. He doesn't care how he gets it anymore.

these shit films are all the same- am sure moz didn't know anything about it till the trailer-tommy robinson may just end up the 1st of the gang to die- imagine that anthem ringing round britain

Let me tell you something about 'Tommy Robinson' and all his supporters. You know how they say he was highlighting a problem of rape gangs and peadophiles. Well, take a look at this thread. It's quite remarkable how many of his supporters are nonces and rapists.

I see:eyes:
its a huge box office film but its irrelevant:clapperboard:
However a Skinny Islam Free event with free admission scheduled for the night of the Moz
gig in Manchester is an ELITE EVENT>:crazy:
The event will take place on area directly across from where the Moz fans exit so they can unknowingly
walk in and get pick pocketed. That is a Prime Elite event.:thumb: No bands, no food, hell,no water. But its free if you have a wallet or a purse.:rolleyes:

Skinny:turban: what in F are you babbling about now? The Knights Templar?:crazy:
The Muslim Grooming gangs are the pedos and rapists I mean FFS you
need someone do draw you a picture. What the F is wrong with you?:pill::pill:

So, this is what you actually believe? ...what you actually think is happening in North America?

Cool champ. You’re obviously the chief rube-seer among fools. Enjoy that sentiment, the new compilation and film. ...all of which were specially curated for folks with your cognitive ability and taste for pablum. Lol!
stick your pablum up your rectum.

Haha! That was great. Rockin' the whole jukebox.
Really wonderin' if it was the writers or the actor who came up with that Moz reference and the Mexrrissey selection.
Plenty folks don't wanna admit it, but there's still a ton 'o love for Moz.

If you put on the closed caption, Moz is subtitled mosque,
ooh how your plot must thicken uncleskinny (sarcasm)

You absolutely bring a up an interesting point, but every time this point is brought up on immigrants or bombings, I NEVER see a mention of:
Immigrants from Poland, Italy, Ireland etc, they only “fit in” because they are white, but they still bring with them their culture, food, music that is blatantly not English.
Or
Americanization of your food with McShitty and Kentucky Fried Shit, that is not English, yet fully consumed.
Or
How the IRA bombed the f*** out of people, where was the Irish Go Home sentiment then and now?

While I understand the need to preserve ones culture and traditions (full disclosure I’m Mexican and I’m on my country’s shit list at the moment for not being white) then why do people eat Curry’s, Eat Chinese Food, Eat Italian food etc if it has encroached on their heritage? If People are so proud and want to preserve their culture and heritage, then why are these places so popular?
Why is hip hop massive in he UK? It’s not English, yet it’s consumed and has inspired a ton of artists like Streets and Skepta.

Again, I understand your point, but it’s also a lopsided argument full of flaws. If the English don’t want anything that is not English, then why support the music and food...think about how girl groups and Motown inspired Marr to write the way he did...there would be no “Smiths” sound without the influence of outside cultures of immigrants that brought that music to the UK. Shit even Ramones and NY Dolls were anything but British, yet inspired Moz, Pistols and beyond to start bands. What I’m driving at, is that without other cultures living,visiting, cooking,performing, you wouldn’t have shit but Sunday Roast, Fish and Chips, The Young Ones,Steptoe and Jimmy Clitheroe to keep your days distinctly British. Then again, maybe that’s all you want in your lives.

I feel like I’ve rambled on enough, sorry.

Being anti-immigration is cool. It shows you value different cultures and want them preserved. Here in the UK mass immigration from Africa and the Middle East is set to turn the English into an ethnic minority in their own country. In accommodating other cultures, English culture itself will be swallowed up and foreigners will have to compromise their own cultures. Nobody gains anything. But too many people live their lives without any insight of what happens beyond five minutes into the future.

This seems like such a random reference. I'm not sure why they'd even put this scene in the trailer, as it doesn't seem to have much to do with anything?

currently sitting at 21 million views.skinny said this was done before Ms interviews,this could have been edited out in post editing or if necessary a reshoot with the main characters,would have been expensive but would have only taken a few days.

This seems like such a random reference. I'm not sure why they'd even put this scene in the trailer, as it doesn't seem to have much to do with anything?
because a scene is in a trailer doesn't mean it will be in the final cut,the star wars-rogue one trailer had at least ten scenes of action that didn't make it into the film.what it does prove is that there is Morrissey fans at the higher end of marvel.still think jj abrams is a fan,maz Kanata from the force awakens in the film is pronounced mozz Kanata.jj is well known for doing this.

Hopefully Moz will get a cameo in a forthcoming movie. I think he'd make a great Hate-Monger:
hatemonger.png

EDIT: Hey Eric- are you all for stealing children away from parents and internment camps then? Jesus f***ing Christ... I wish the jam on my toast were as thick as some of the people on this site.

Who? Me?

You absolutely bring a up an interesting point, but every time this point is brought up on immigrants or bombings, I NEVER see a mention of:
Immigrants from Poland, Italy, Ireland etc, they only “fit in” because they are white, but they still bring with them their culture, food, music that is blatantly not English.
Or
Americanization of your food with McShitty and Kentucky Fried Shit, that is not English, yet fully consumed.
Or
How the IRA bombed the f*** out of people, where was the Irish Go Home sentiment then and now?

While I understand the need to preserve ones culture and traditions (full disclosure I’m Mexican and I’m on my country’s shit list at the moment for not being white) then why do people eat Curry’s, Eat Chinese Food, Eat Italian food etc if it has encroached on their heritage? If People are so proud and want to preserve their culture and heritage, then why are these places so popular?
Why is hip hop massive in he UK? It’s not English, yet it’s consumed and has inspired a ton of artists like Streets and Skepta.

Again, I understand your point, but it’s also a lopsided argument full of flaws. If the English don’t want anything that is not English, then why support the music and food...think about how girl groups and Motown inspired Marr to write the way he did...there would be no “Smiths” sound without the influence of outside cultures of immigrants that brought that music to the UK. Shit even Ramones and NY Dolls were anything but British, yet inspired Moz, Pistols and beyond to start bands. What I’m driving at, is that without other cultures living,visiting, cooking,performing, you wouldn’t have shit but Sunday Roast, Fish and Chips, The Young Ones,Steptoe and Jimmy Clitheroe to keep your days distinctly British. Then again, maybe that’s all you want in your lives.

The issue here is not immigration. It is more nuanced than that, as much as proponents wish to simplify it. The issue is mass immigration and illegal immigration.

I’ve been burgled once, back in the nineties, by an Iranian. I don’t suggest in mentioning that that there is a likelihood Iranians have any more of a propensity to be criminals than any other nation, merely that it’s not something you would necessarily expect in the leafy Home Counties. You’d certainly get decent odds were you to place a bet on such an eventuality.

There has been a growing suspicion in the West over the last two decades or so that contrary to the media narrative, perhaps, yes perhaps, we aren’t actually getting the doctors and surgeons and architects and engineers we are told are clinging to the axles of articulated lorries to get here. That’s now building to a head, even threatening to potentially derail the EU itself. It isn’t the fault of an ignorant, bigoted populace. It’s the fault of an arrogant, dismissive political class abetted by a complicit media.

Irish, English and Polish people have a remarkably similar culture, as do all European countries in comparison to say Afghanistan or Syria. Isn't that obvious?
Also, there was anti-Irish sentiment during the IRA bombing campaign of England, but nowhere near to the same extent for the Islamic bombings because of two reasons:
1) Most English people agree(d) that Northern Ireland should be handed back to Eire.
2) The IRA were waging an economic war in England. Their bombs were meant to destroy property, not lives. They always left coded warnings in advance so the area could be cleared (mistakes occasionally happened). The Islamic bombs such as in Manchester Arena and on the London tubes were tiny compared to most IRA bombs, but were specifically designed to take as many lives as possible - and did.
And as for McKFC, I personally wish the USA would keep its food chains, and I'm sure I'm not alone on that one.
Or
Or

Last edited:
Irish, English and Polish people have a remarkably similar culture, as do all European countries in comparison to say Afghanistan or Syria. Isn't that obvious?
Also, there was anti-Irish sentiment during the IRA bombing campaign of England, but nowhere near to the same extent for Islamic bombings because of two reasons:
1) Most English people agree(d) that Northern Ireland should be handed back to Eire.
2) The IRA were waging an economic war in England. Their bombs were meant to destroy property, not lives. They always left coded warnings in advance so the area could be cleared (mistakes occasionally happened). The Islamic bombs such as in Manchester Arena and on the London tubes were tiny compared to most IRA bombs, but were specifically designed to take as many lives as possible - and did.
And as for McKFC, I personally wish the USA would keep its food chains, and I'm sure I'm not alone on that one.
Hey, many of us don't want or spend our money on false food served up by a clown.

LA Mexican here. Personally, I find his comments vile and inexcusable. Unfortunately, until Morrissey expands his anti-Islamic rhetoric to include Hispanics, there won't be much of a backlash from his Hispanic fan base.

I bet you’re illegal.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom