Making Banning Public

That's what the Infraction things are for, I would imagine.

Considering we have a 'Suspicious users list' sticky, there's no reason in the world we should not have 'banned users list' sticky.

If you'll look again, you'll see I asked that I was agreeing with you. It's called reading comprehension. You should try it. The pre-ban pillory was just a video game idea.

Give everyone the power to ban as long as they have two approving witnesses. Make it where you say "I ban thee I ban thee I ban thee" and then two people say "I supporteth thou argument" or something like that and the person is banned for ever.

splendid idea D but I think you need a clause...
no one is allowed more than 1 friend, if it appears you have two then you get what is called a 3-some ban, which is eternal!

glad to help

love

Grim

since this wouldn't effect me I am all for it.

I've just read about something called The Family though and now I wonder if control is locked.

I banned Viva Hate, the user has inciting arguments with another user on the site, which can be considered harassment.

The user had already been warned in the past.

but that happens all the time Davidt. If that is the reason for banishment, then several people, some who posted on this thread, ought to be banned for doing the same thing.

I'm just getting a little tired of the stereotyping, homophobia, and religion bashing that slips past once and a while.

I banned Viva Hate, the user has inciting arguments with another user on the site, which can be considered harassment.

The user had already been warned in the past.

what name do you post with when you are not 'davidt'. come on, i'm sure you go by another name on the boards. why pick on viva for what many do? what about robby?

you know, you should probably ban a bunch of us in that case. you should be ashamed of yourself. you allow people to post julia's address, telling people to go assault her, but you ban viva for being in a argument with YOUR FRIENDS. What ever happened to free speech?

davidt, you are hypocrite and a silly man. I can see that your self-righteous stubbornness made Morrissey himself hate you and this site. You are the reason why he decided this place is solow!! it was you attitude and actions. you ban viva, but you allow threatening posts against julia, and you allow rumors, submitted by anonymous individuals, which may easily harm Morrissey's reputation. for what? a show? well now you have the show. you get the solow show - here, there and everywhere. all for you davidt, the true god of morrissey-solo. we bow down to you.

and ... It's really a shame, we can have a wonderful community if this bias didn't exist on the boards.

Where is the hypocrisy? The user who posted that item about julia violated the TOS and is banned from the site.

I'd say you're the one being hyprocritical with the examples in your post. Do you want free speech or don't you?

what name do you post with when you are not 'davidt'. come on, i'm sure you go by another name on the boards. why pick on viva for what many do? what about robby?

you know, you should probably ban a bunch of us in that case. you should be ashamed of yourself. you allow people to post julia's address, telling people to go assault her, but you ban viva for being in a argument with YOUR FRIENDS. What ever happened to free speech?

davidt, you are hypocrite and a silly man. I can see that your self-righteous stubbornness made Morrissey himself hate you and this site. You are the reason why he decided this place is solow!! it was you attitude and actions. you ban viva, but you allow threatening posts against julia, and you allow rumors, submitted by anonymous individuals, which may easily harm Morrissey's reputation. for what? a show? well now you have the show. you get the solow show - here, there and everywhere. all for you davidt, the true god of morrissey-solo. we bow down to you.

and ... It's really a shame, we can have a wonderful community if this bias didn't exist on the boards.

This place needs to be run like the forums of somethingawful.com the mods are feared and respected in equal measures...for one they dont take any shit (poo poo) and users can be banned for anything usually just being an idiot can get you banned.

the main thing that deters people from being abusive or whatever is CHARGING for a place in these forums and if you act like an idiot you are banned and you've wasted $10 or whatever it maybe.

Charge people to be on here and if you want proof of it working look at the forums of somethingawful.com it started off badly for lowtax with masses of trolls on the forums but as soon as he started charging for it.....it all went away.

This place needs to be run like the forums of somethingawful.com the mods are feared and respected in equal measures...for one they dont take any shit (poo poo) and users can be banned for anything usually just being an idiot can get you banned.

the main thing that deters people from being abusive or whatever is CHARGING for a place in these forums and if you act like an idiot you are banned and you've wasted $10 or whatever it maybe.

Charge people to be on here and if you want proof of it working look at the forums of somethingawful.com it started off badly for lowtax with masses of trolls on the forums but as soon as he started charging for it.....it all went away.

pay to use an internet forum?
get real

why should davidt, or anyone for that matter, profit from morrissey? pay for this site, and people will go elsewhere.

Something Awful has to deal with trolls on a much bigger scale than this site so is a good example to look at, thanks.

Charging a small fee for access to posting the forum would filter out a lot noise, but because of the smaller scale of this site, it would probably filter out most of the users also.

that is a very, very obviously not true.

With the slight outrage being caused by the banning of Viva Hate for whatever reason, do none of the mods think that makes the modding process for things like bannings should be made more transparant? Would it really be terrible if here in the Site Feedback folder that when someone is either given an Infraction or Banned (at the very least when they're banned) the mod who did it should post the news and say why?

I was not a fan of VH at all, but there was nothing that they posted that I have seen that was any worse than what has been posted by others who have not been banned.

As it stands nothing is stopping someone doing whatever VH did to get banned and getting banned themselves whereby if it was at least made public what they were banned for (other than a simple link to the bloody TOS) it could serve as a proper warning to others.

Plus this would actually make the modding of the forums easier as people would know exactly what would get them banned, rather than just being pointed towards the TOS.

Just a thought for you to mull over.

maybe more importantly, at present, there is the risk of people doing whatever 'viva hate' did and not getting banned. now that a reason has been cited for 'viva hate' being banned, everybody can see that that is the case.

otherwise (and at the risk of taking this all too seriously) i agree with you, entirely.

why should davidt, or anyone for that matter, profit from morrissey? pay for this site, and people will go elsewhere.

Who said anyone has to profit from this?

it must cost money to run this place and if not it could go to it's own uploading thing (server?) so people could upload things on the site and download from the site directly....or for registering you could get a badge or t-shirt i dunno with "Morrissey-solo Member" on it.

I'm not offering something new here its been tried and tested and it works like i've said something awful has the same thing going.

If you'll look again, you'll see I asked that I was agreeing with you and then making an unrelated point. It's called reading comprehension. You should try it. The pre-ban pillory was just a video game idea.

If you'll look again, you'll see that I was not disagreeing with you, merely pointing out such a pillory is in place but is not public and then made an unrelated point in a new paragraph. It's called reading comprehension. You should try it.

Last edited:
wow
so i just realized you were on drugs too :o

are you "[...] inciting arguments with another user on the site", robby?

this, apparently, "[...] can be considered harassment" (except that - in your case - it, inexplicably, never seems to be).

specifically, in answer to your post, though, no, i'm not on drugs. drugs mess up people's lives, robby.

Last edited:
there are many more details regarding harassment which users and many times moderators don't see. It would take a while to do the work that is being asked. I choose not to do this but you are free to ask on this board. My time is limited as this is not my full time job and I prefer to spend this limited time updating the site, making sure the code is working and the servers are up.

If you don't like the policies as a user of the site, you could ask for your money back, if you gave any and I would gladly refund it. Otherwise, you can use the other Morrissey / Smiths related forums sites out there, or as others have done, create your own.

are you "[...] inciting arguments with another user on the site", robby?

this, apparently, "[...] can be considered harassment" (except that - in your case - it, inexplicably, never seems to be).

specifically, in answer to your post, though, no, i'm not on drugs. drugs mess up people's lives, robby.

Back
Top Bottom