Making Banning Public

mspendl828

Banned
With the slight outrage being caused by the banning of Viva Hate for whatever reason, do none of the mods think that makes the modding process for things like bannings should be made more transparant? Would it really be terrible if here in the Site Feedback folder that when someone is either given an Infraction or Banned (at the very least when they're banned) the mod who did it should post the news and say why?

I was not a fan of VH at all, but there was nothing that they posted that I have seen that was any worse than what has been posted by others who have not been banned.

As it stands nothing is stopping someone doing whatever VH did to get banned and getting banned themselves whereby if it was at least made public what they were banned for (other than a simple link to the bloody TOS) it could serve as a proper warning to others.

Plus this would actually make the modding of the forums easier as people would know exactly what would get them banned, rather than just being pointed towards the TOS.

Just a thought for you to mull over.

I would like this to happen also...

With the slight outrage being caused by the banning of Viva Hate for whatever reason, do none of the mods think that makes the modding process for things like bannings should be made more transparant? Would it really be terrible if here in the Site Feedback folder that when someone is either given an Infraction or Banned (at the very least when they're banned) the mod who did it should post the news and say why?

I was not a fan of VH at all, but there was nothing that they posted that I have seen that was any worse than what has been posted by others who have not been banned.

As it stands nothing is stopping someone doing whatever VH did to get banned and getting banned themselves whereby if it was at least made public what they were banned for (other than a simple link to the bloody TOS) it could serve as a proper warning to others.

Plus this would actually make the modding of the forums easier as people would know exactly what would get them banned, rather than just being pointed towards the TOS.

Just a thought for you to mull over.

my words entirely - here here!

love

Grim

Give everyone the power to ban as long as they have two approving witnesses. Make it where you say "I ban thee I ban thee I ban thee" and then two people say "I supporteth thou argument" or something like that and the person is banned for ever.

i was warned and banned for a few days but i still have faith in the mods, vivahate made some comments to me like go and listen to hip hop just because i am black, he obviously overstepped the mark

i was warned and banned for a few days but i still have faith in the mods, vivahate made some comments to me like go and listen to hip hop just because i am black, he obviously overstepped the mark

well, viva is a white guy from florida
so he may be racist without even knowing it :eek:

Give everyone the power to ban as long as they have two approving witnesses. Make it where you say "I ban thee I ban thee I ban thee" and then two people say "I supporteth thou argument" or something like that and the person is banned for ever.

It would be pitifully easy for someone to get banned if they ruffled the feather of just 1 other member with 2 friends to support their vendetta.

(oooh, this one is going to get ugly....*runs off*.....)

What? You're saying it's ok for black people to be racist but not white people?
ok
interesting word
instead I and other enlightened people think it shows COMPASSION to show greater tolerance for the exhibition of negative traits by those desecended from historically opressed classes
but i do not expect someone like you to understand this
no
the last thing i think mspendl828 will ever achieve is the ability to empathize with the many many out there that are so different from you
so
I curse you to feel more isolated as you age
but you can hold on to your boorish ways
:)

The difference is, Robby, I don't give a f*** if he's black or white. It was wrong for him to stereotype all Americans as the same before he 'came out' as being black on the forum and it's still wrong now.

Not that I imagine it will happen, but it would be helpful for the rest of us to understand how TOS violations are actually interpreted, if not in the interest of fairness then certainly for the sake of clarity. I know this isn't a collective, but even Babylon had Hammurabi's Code.

And banning is so sudden, can't they spend some time in a Virtual Pillory before they go?
pillorystockstb9.jpg

And banning is so sudden, can't they spend some time in a Virtual Pillory before they go?
pillorystockstb9.jpg

That's what the Infraction things are for, I would imagine.

Considering we have a 'Suspicious users list' sticky, there's no reason in the world we should not have 'banned users list' sticky.

I've posted this is off topic but I'm reposting it here as I'm presuming it has a better chance of being seen by a mod here.

For what it's worth, I've been told by a reasonably well informed source that the reason Viva Hate was given for the permanent ban they recieved was "Take a timeout".

Now, if true, that's actually just f***ing bullshit from the moderator/s who decided they wanted to ban him.

It would be pitifully easy for someone to get banned if they ruffled the feather of just 1 other member with 2 friends to support their vendetta.

well I know. I think it would just speed up the natural process. once they get banned they come back with a new name anyway and then you have to guess all over again.

Back
Top Bottom