Looking for writers for new spoof site

T

Taxus Baccata

Hi everyone,

My name is Taxus. My partner and I are looking for 4-5 writers for a new Morrissey spoof site. I don't want to reveal the web address yet, as it is still being registered. But those of you who are clever will figure it out!

I figure if you can't make fun of Morrissey fans, then who can you make fun of? In the spirit of THE ONION and the DAILY SHOW with JOHN STEWART this website will have humerous fake Morrissey news and will be a playful yet scathing attack of Morrissey fanatics, Morrissey news, Morrissey's band, almost anything on MorrisseyMusic.com, yourarethequarry.net, Ambitious-Outsiders.com (if they're still around) Morrisseytour.com and foremost True-to-you.net site. (God bless Julia for providing us with endless hours of comedy!) We will also poke fun at Morrissey-solo.com, but to a lesser degree.

Is imitation really the sincerest form of flattery?

We hope to publish one article a week. Currently we're a team of two and we'd like contributions to kick off our launch on December 1, 2005.

We have a very small budget but would like to pay our main contributors. We will pay $10 per 500 word article that we publish. Longer articles (2000 words or more) that are published will receive $50.

You can remain anonymous (although we will need your postal address in order to pay you)or you can use your real name or a Nom de Plume.

Here is a list of the current topics we wish to receive articles on:

1. Fake blog of Morrissey's personal assistant. What it's like to be a Morrissey lakey.

2. Fake details of Morrissey's Performance Rider. A performance rider is a list of all the crazy shit bands ask for in order to perform a concert. For example some metal band asked for a bowl of M&M's and for all the brown M&M's to be removed. See Great White's rider if you need an example http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/greatwhite1.html

3. Morrissey's band attempt Shakespeare (conceive of this what you wish)

4. Fake Q&A session with Morrissey

5. Fake phone call transcript between Sanctuary Artist Management and Morrissey in which management is trying to convince Morrissey to play the isle of Wight Festival.

6. Concert review in which Morrissey talks to Julia the whole time. In between the chatter he plays a song or two.

If you would like to write about any of these topics please e-mail us:

[email protected]

Deadline: November 20, 2005

Back
Top Bottom