Johnny vegan Marr making money off the skin of dead animals ?

I’ve seen your posts in this thread, Surf. All fine examples of someone playing dumb just to defend Marr’s actions, actions which are indefensible, and plainly bizarre.

Nope. Such a simplistic assumption. I bet you were excited when you came up with that.

I care as much as I felt it was thread worthy and not a subject to be swept under the carpet, as the Marr- defenders like you would like it to be. :seenoevil::seenoevil::seenoevil:

Yogi is murder, and Johnny’s hands are red with blood.

But anything for the ‘good life’ ! right, Surf?

I repeat, don’t be thick.

Does that mean you think Morrissey had blood on his hands when he wore leather? Nothing was swept under the carpet, Marr announced this collaboration with Yogi on his Instagram account.

Why do you call people Marr defenders, you're like a child. I don't give a crap what Marr wears on his feet and I don't give a crap if Morrissey ate butter or wore leather.

Does that mean you think Morrissey had blood on his hands when he wore leather? Nothing was swept under the carpet, Marr announced this collaboration with Yogi on his Instagram account.

Why do you call people Marr defenders, you're like a child. I don't give a crap what Marr wears on his feet and I don't give a crap if Morrissey ate butter or wore leather.

Seriously, why make an issue of this? It’s so dumb, especially as Morrissey has a history with leather and is not even vegan himself.

Let me get this straight. Morrissey endorsed God-awful Far Right nutters and you shrugged your shoulders like it was nothing and said "he's allowed his opinion!", but now you want Johnny strung up for the hideous crime of selling leather shoes? A man who has been vegetarian for 37 years, vegan for 17, and has never tried to police anybody for their lifestyle choices one way or another. You're a ridiculous fool.

o_O
after the latest developments it unlikely that that :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
has EVER been vegan, but has been blowing smoke all along
in fact, chances are hes chomping on a🍔 this very moment🤠

shooting yogis and then making 👢
out of them, and not only wearing them
but PROMOTING THEM and INFLUENCING
others to do the same is not an 'opinion':blushing:
its real yogi bears we are talking about here
that he is profiting from
:blushing:

:hammer:

I’ve seen your posts in this thread, Surf. All fine examples of someone playing dumb just to defend Marr’s actions, actions which are indefensible, and plainly bizarre.

Nope. Such a simplistic assumption. I bet you were excited when you came up with that.

I care as much as I felt it was thread worthy and not a subject to be swept under the carpet, as the Marr- defenders like you would like it to be. :seenoevil::seenoevil::seenoevil:

Ket ... your ever post is murder ....
Stop being dumb 🤓🤓

Does that mean you think Morrissey had blood on his hands when he wore leather?
Nope. I thought it hypocritical, even after I understood his view point.
Nothing was swept under the carpet, Marr announced this collaboration with Yogi on his Instagram account.
On here, I felt it was. And so, the purpose of the thread.
I don't give a crap what Marr wears on his feet and I don't give a crap if Morrissey ate butter or wore leather.

Neither do I. This thread is not about wearing leather.

Seriously, why make an issue of this? It’s so dumb, especially as Morrissey has a history with leather and is not even vegan himself.

I’m not making an issue of that.

This thread is about Marr directly and knowingly profiting from the death of animals, after he has publicly declared his concerns for the lives and rights of animals.

Is this not bizarre ?

Let me get this straight. Morrissey endorsed God-awful Far Right nutters and you shrugged your shoulders like it was nothing and said "he's allowed his opinion!", but now you want Johnny strung up for the hideous crime of selling leather shoes?

Do you believe that Morrissey should not be allowed to his express his opinion?

I don’t think his or anyone’s words should be policed. I believe it’s up to society (family,etc) to create individuals that should think for themselves and make up their own mind as to what is right and wrong in this world, in order to take the correct action, etc. It is up to society to create these individuals, not police and punish people for their choice of expression.

And hasn’t Morrissey been strung up here and in the media for the hideous crime of expressing himself?

In my view animal slaughter is criminal, and in a better world it would be illegal to do so.

And to profit off it would also be illegal.

Then again, fantasizing about a perfect world is not what this thread is about, nor is it about
wearing leather or eating dairy. I already addressed those issues on the first page.

A man who has been vegetarian for 37 years, vegan for 17, and has never tried to police anybody for their lifestyle choices one way or another. You're a ridiculous fool.

And that’s the point of this thread.

Do you not find it bizarre that a person with years of expressing concern for the lives of animals, is now profiting from the death of animals ?!

And just because Marr has never ‘tried to police anybody for their lifestyle choices’ or the fact that he doesn’t eat animals should not be seen as an alibi or free pass for Marr’s behavior and decision to profit from the death of animals.

It doesn’t matter how many years Johnny is vegetarian/vegan for, it doesn’t matter how many years he hasn’t policed others for their lifestyle choices, it still does not make it right that he is now knowingly profiting from the death of animals.

Also, there’s nothing foolish about starting a thread and wondering if anyone feels the same way I do.

Neither do I.
This thread is not about wearing leather.

This thread is about Marr directly and knowingly profiting from the death of animals, after he has publicly declared his concerns for the lives and rights of animals.

Is this not bizarre ?

I don’t think his or anyone’s words should be policed. I believe it’s up to society (family,etc) to create individuals that should think for themselves and make up their own mind as to what is right and wrong in this world, in order to take the correct action, etc. It is up to society to create these individuals, not police and punish people for their choice of expression.

And hasn’t Morrissey been strung up here and in the media for the hideous crime of expressing himself?

In my view animal slaughter is criminal, and in a better world it would be illegal to do so.

Then again, fantasizing about a perfect world is not what this thread is about, nor is it about
wearing leather or eating dairy. I already addressed those issues on the first page.

Do you not find it bizarre that a person with years of expressing concern for the lives of animals, is now profiting from the death of animals ?!

And just because Marr has never ‘tried to police anybody for their lifestyle choices’ or the fact that he doesn’t eat animals should not be seen as an alibi or free pass for Marr’s behavior and decision to profit from the death of animals.

It doesn’t matter how many years Johnny is vegetarian/vegan for, it doesn’t matter how many years he hasn’t policed others for their lifestyle choices, it still does not make it right that he is now knowingly profiting from the death of animals.

Also, there’s nothing foolish about starting a thread and wondering if anyone feels the same way I do.

Blah Blah Blah, apart from Vegan & Rejected (who most people ignore anyway) no one gives a f*** Ketamine.

o_O
after the latest developments it unlikely that that :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
has EVER been vegan, but has been blowing smoke all along
in fact, chances are hes chomping on a🍔 this very moment🤠

shooting yogis and then making 👢
out of them, and not only wearing them
but PROMOTING THEM and INFLUENCING
others to do the same is not an 'opinion':blushing:
its real yogi bears we are talking about here
that he is profiting from
:blushing:

I agree, I don't think he was ever vegan or ever stopped drinking and doing drugs. He looks like a drug addict in that pic of him in the erotic french britches.

Neither do I.
This thread is not about wearing leather.

Is this not bizarre ?

It's hypocritical, it's inconsistent, obviously he has done it for the money, it's not his shining hour. Anyone can see that. But there are no perfect humans. There are no 'perfect' vegans either - I certainly know one or two who still enjoy non-vegan beers from time to time. Somebody waved a big wad of cash at Johnny and he gave in, that's all there is to it. You will always be disappointed if you hold people up to that level of scrutiny & allow it to undo the good they have done.

You could tear down Paul McCartney for not being vegan, if you wanted, even though he's probably the most famous vegetarian alive and his family have actively worked to diminish the meat (and fur) industries through massive and successful food and fashion businesses, not just talk. You could always find a villain if you wanted one... most people are just trying their best.

It's my understanding that this site is to talk about Morrissey and things related to him, like the Smiths and the unfortunate Johnny Marr. Marr is a f*** up, so it's discussed, if you don't want to read it, avoid threads like this, don't come in attacking people for noticing and talking about it. Those of you who scream the loudest about Marr being attacked are the first to attack other posters, it's ridiculously hypocrtical. Marr pretends to be vegan then designs and promotes a line of leather shoes, it's worthy of discussion for those who want to discuss it. You don't get to police how they discuss it, how about exercising some self control and sitting it out if you can't stop being antagonistic to other posters.

It's hypocritical, it's inconsistent, obviously he has done it for the money, it's not his shining hour. Anyone can see that. But there are no perfect humans. There are no 'perfect' vegans either - I certainly know one or two who still enjoy non-vegan beers from time to time. Somebody waved a big wad of cash at Johnny and he gave in, that's all there is to it. You will always be disappointed if you hold people up to that level of scrutiny & allow it to undo the good they have done.

You could tear down Paul McCartney for not being vegan, if you wanted, even though he's probably the most famous vegetarian alive and his family have actively worked to diminish the meat (and fur) industries through massive and successful food and fashion businesses, not just talk. You could always find a villain if you wanted one... most people are just trying their best.

Thank you, Amy.

I just thought Johnny had enough intelligence & compassion to find an alternative way to make money that was more in line with what I thought were his principles.

Well, I was wrong.

:(

Last edited:
I doubt money was the deciding factor, he can't earn that much selling these. I suspect as a big fashion fan, Marr stopped eating meat but has continued wearing leather and suede since 1985, and thinks nothing of it. The world is - unfortunaetly - full of inconsistent people. I've met plenty of folks who stridently claim they are vegetarian, but 'occasionally eat fish' and similar bollocks.

I doubt money was the deciding factor, he can't earn that much selling these. I suspect as a big fashion fan, Marr stopped eating meat but has continued wearing leather and suede since 1985, and thinks nothing of it. The world is - unfortunaetly - full of inconsistent people. I've met plenty of folks who stridently claim they are vegetarian, but 'occasionally eat fish' and similar bollocks.

Sadly, he not only wearing he IS PROMOTING THE CAUSE OF LEATHER:censored:
its not a he said he said scenario here, where someone reports a rumor NO
its a FULL ON VIDEO WITH ITS RESPECTIVE PAYMENTS🥸
trying to influence his 'fans', as is not know for their 'speed on the racetrack'😐
to CONSUME YOGI LEATHER SHOES!!! and they will inturn influence the Hooky fans, ad infinitum😲
then he has the chutzpah to worry the peeps in Greece over someone riding a donkey. its not good
to ride a donkey but its not like the yogis who get shot, and then you ride them on the foot.😐

if hes low on funds, get a job, dont evil 👁️ the yogis FFS:blushing:

And your point is...?
Surfboard never has a point, he just posts babbling incoherent posts that are usually completely irrelevant to the subject being discussed. This thread is about Marr and his profiting from animal skin when he claims to be a staunch vegan, not something Morrissey said over a decade ago. Inbetween, he obsesses about other posters.

Why do Marr fans find it impossible to admit when he's being hypocrtical? It's as though they'd rather die than admit he isn't a perfect human being. It's not a big deal, it doesn't take away from his musicianship in any way and it isn't an attack to point these things out.

Because it's hypocritical to claim to be vegan and then profit from leather.
Yes he is.
A lot of vegans have a history with leather since not many of them are actually born vegan..

Hypocrite Johnny Marr :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom