Johnny Marr & The Healers @ The Deaf Institute 06/10/11

Didn't Johnny Marr tell the rest of the smiths that he was sick of quiffs and all that Saturday Night and Sunday Morning nonesnse at the last band meeting at Geales Fish and Chip Restaurant? Glad to hear he has changed his mind....

Again, Grandma - great recall :)

Dave

Was a great show, best of all 3 i feel, Really good to chat with him again after the show. Thanks to Uncleskinny for the ticket!

Thursday night was absolutely fantastic...loved seeing Johnny playing those songs in such a tiny venue. New stuff sounded good. Also loved the Animals cover for the encore. Was good to have a chat with Irregular Regular before the gig, and to top the night off, I managed to catch Johnny's guitar pick at the end when he threw it into the audience...

IMG_1274.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 9
Wonderful evening at The Deaf Institute, Johnny playing Smiths songs in front of only 250 people or so.
I felt privileged to be there, never imagined I would see/hear Johnny play those songs live.
Really nice to meet Armadillo and Uncleskinny before the gig, they were both instrumental in me getting a ticket at the 11th hour. So once again, thank you both. :)

I also got to meet Johnny and Joe Moss after the gig, had a longish chat with both of them and Johnny signed some stuff for me.
It was kind of surreal really, we often hear people say never meet your heroes, well in this case it was the complete opposite. I am extremely happy to have met Johnny, a real gentleman and very down to earth.

Here is the audio recording of Shakespeare's Sister from that night...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OVZJW06E

Enjoy!

Wonderful evening at The Deaf Institute, Johnny playing Smiths songs in front of only 250 people or so.
I felt privileged to be there, never imagined I would see/hear Johnny play those songs live.
Really nice to meet Armadillo and Uncleskinny before the gig, they were both instrumental in me getting a ticket at the 11th hour. So once again, thank you both. :)

I also got to meet Johnny and Joe Moss after the gig, had a longish chat with both of them and Johnny signed some stuff for me.
It was kind of surreal really, we often hear people say never meet your heroes, well in this case it was the complete opposite. I am extremely happy to have met Johnny, a real gentleman and very down to earth.

Enjoy!

Joe Moss too?! What did you say to them? You lucky lucky creature :guitar:

Enjoy!
Fantastic i'm pleased for you pal, and thanks for the upload.

Quick search reveals it might be a scene from Saturday Night And Sunday Morning.

P.

A recent post from Johnny Marr on twitter states that the sample is from the 1962 film The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner starring Hull's very own Tom Courtney. The same film providing Morrissey with the version of Jerusalem used on the Boxer's tour in 1995.

A recent post from Johnny Marr on twitter states that the sample is from the 1962 film The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner starring Hull's very own Tom Courtney. The same film providing Morrissey with the version of Jerusalem used on the Boxer's tour in 1995.

My mistake. Ta very much.

P.

Back
Top Bottom