Johnny Marr and The Healers Announce Manchester Club Shows

• Thread starter alcoholic afternoons
  • Start date
J Marr announces live dates with the Healers

He's playing a couple of dates in Manchester in October, apparently, with the Healers who must have been on hold, now, for ... over 5 years?
Wonder if he'll continue his recent trend of Smiths covers, or be a bit more purist about the whole thing?
Expect he'll announce a more extensive tour pretty soon - I think that was always the intention.
Interesting times...

Re: J Marr announces live dates with the Healers

He's playing a couple of dates in Manchester in October, apparently, with the Healers who must have been on hold, now, for ... over 5 years?
Wonder if he'll continue his recent trend of Smiths covers, or be a bit more purist about the whole thing?
Expect he'll announce a more extensive tour pretty soon - I think that was always the intention.
Interesting times...

He put the Healers on hold because they flopped and then his label went bust, but I'd like to see what this new incarnation can come up with. I hope to God his lyrics have improved! Tickets on the Deaf Institute site say £7.70 including p&p, so I'm going to go along to the show and hope for the best :)

Smiths covers... hmm I'm not sure but I doubt it. Marr is using the Healers to establish a 'solo' act - I can't see him tagging any Smiths stuff on, except perhaps for an encore..?

Last edited:
Got tickets for this , bargain price of £7.70 and the Deaf Institute is a fantastic venue with a capacity fo <300. Should be great. I expect to see a few familiar faces !

If Boz or Alain do not make a surprise appearance then it will be shit. Calling it now.

Johnny said on Twitter that tickets were on sale. Can't find the bleeders anywhere. Does anyone have a link?

Thanks,

P.

Johnny said on Twitter that tickets were on sale. Can't find the bleeders anywhere. Does anyone have a link?

Thanks,

P.

Too many threads for one small story. I posted ticket info on the main page story http://www.morrissey-solo.com/conte...nnounce-Manchester-club-shows?page=2#comments Tickets for the 4th were on sale, then not available, then I got some, then gone again. But it currently says "Please try later". I've not seen any for sale for the 6th and that date isn't listed on the deaf inst website.

There's also a 'secret' gig on the 29th...

Dave

Too many threads for one small story. I posted ticket info on the main page story http://www.morrissey-solo.com/conte...nnounce-Manchester-club-shows?page=2#comments Tickets for the 4th were on sale, then not available, then I got some, then gone again. But it currently says "Please try later". I've not seen any for sale for the 6th and that date isn't listed on the deaf inst website.

There's also a 'secret' gig on the 29th...

Dave

The 6th would be great, followed by Eoin's book launch with a couple of These Charming Men on the 7th (heard rumours of a guest appearance at that event), then the S&G. Would make for a nice couple of days.

P.

Not sure if it's already been posted, but there's a short interview with Johnny in the latest issue of Fantastic Man. He's asked when he last saw Morrissey, and says they got together briefly a couple of years ago, and since have e-mailed sporadically or something like that.

Hope they don't play anything from the last album. I don't think it worked.

Back
Top Bottom