Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
only good thing about kylie was her arse,then again i did like better the devil you know.
How dare you forget the timeless
Locomotion 😂
I play the 12 inch every morning whilst in the shower

🕵️‍♂️

there are plenty of 'right wing' chicks that :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
could talk about. dudes too, tons of them but
its only Moz he seems to have 👁️👁️ for/
very odd👓 with Moz ignoring him for many many years,35 years.
its vaguely fredo like behavior. the woe is me lets get on with the oiling with
beer and whatnot. its not a macho man vibe thats for sure.😶
to have a dude have to tell him to quit talking about him😑:hammer:

He's not an immigrant. He is the child of immigrants. He has repeatedly decried the loss of English culture and language due to immigration and supports a political party whose main platform is limiting immigration. He has certainly connected Islam to rape and violence in statements, especially his statement after the Manchester bombing. He has made anti-vax/anti-masking posts in the past, including posting a video supposedly showing a women passing out while getting vaxed (the video has been debunked). So, yes, I do my research...
He is an immigrant, Born in UK and now living in USA!

How dare you forget the timeless
Locomotion 😂
I play the 12 inch every morning whilst in the shower
bazz how could i forget,your right its a timeless classic but for the wrong person.

For me, it's all very sad really. The demise of The Smiths was bad enough, but to see Morrissey and Marr going at each other directly in public like this is the pair of them destroying their own legacy, all that great music, the romance and mythology of their meeting, the songs that meant so much. They must be both wondering what the point of it all was. The whole thing has lost all its meaning.

Per me, è davvero tutto molto triste. La fine degli Smiths è stata già abbastanza grave, ma vedere Morrissey e Marr che si danno l'un l'altro direttamente in pubblico in questo modo è la coppia che distrugge la propria eredità, tutta quella grande musica, il romanticismo e la mitologia del loro incontro, le canzoni che significava così tanto. Devono essere entrambi chiedendosi quale fosse lo scopo di tutto questo. L'intera faccenda ha perso tutto il suo significato.
Marr didn't do anything

I have to say that while Morrissey isn't perfect, I didn't understand why the mean comments were made by Marr in the Uncut interview - it's clearly hurt Morrissey (am I pointing out the obvious?).

Johnny's public image is second to none at the moment, and he gets praise from all corners for his recent and past work.

It does feel a bit like Johnny has waited until a time in his career when he can say anything at no expense - when he can do no wrong. Morrissey has become upset and then Johnny has just twisted the knife to rapturous applause.

Chin up Moz.

For me, it's all very sad really. The demise of The Smiths was bad enough, but to see Morrissey and Marr going at each other directly in public like this is the pair of them destroying their own legacy, all that great music, the romance and mythology of their meeting, the songs that meant so much. They must be both wondering what the point of it all was. The whole thing has lost all its meaning.
I wonder with all this carry on between them, if maybe we could see a Smiths album be in the lower end of the charts in the next couple of weeks ..

Marr’s response is churlish and lacks any awareness of how disloyal his behaviour has been.
correct,i see open letters in newspapers all the time,why is the year of 1953 specific,social media,who in their right mind would do social media,i never have.its marr showing hes down with the kids .

You're right, I could never match insults like yours - I just don't have the life experience to draw on that you evidently have, though I suspect you didn't have to dig too far in to your personal memories to come up with that rejoinder. But hey, in the absence of an ability to argue rationally, then I guess juvenile posts are your comfort food, so to speak, battered and dinosaur shaped and all.
Your definition of a rational argument is to call people "thick as pigshit" when you can't understand what other people are saying, so, I'm happy not to waste any more time on you.

just noticed dave hasbeen getting his tuppence worth in,this guy suffers from small cock syndrome,johnboys response,THANK YOU DAVE,you may as well go round to his house and stick your tongue down the back of his trousers.

correct,i see open letters in newspapers all the time,why is the year of 1953 specific,social media,who in their right mind would do social media,i never have.its marr showing hes down with the kids .

I don't think there's much more to it than Marr being unprepared for a response like that, he should have ignored it and let Moz vent, but he probably got angry at the idea of being told to shut up in public by a bloke he has nothing to do with.

It's still all a storm in a teacup when you look at what has been said.

I don't think there's much more to it than Marr being unprepared for a response like that, he should have ignored it and let Moz vent, but he probably got angry at the idea of being told to shut up in public by a bloke he has nothing to do with.

It's still all a storm in a teacup when you look at what has been said.
the bloke he has nothing to do with but cant stop mentioning.

Screenshot_20220126-223513~2.png
Screenshot_20220126-223449~2.png

As predicted.
FWD.

I'm meant to be going to see a Smiths tribute band this weekend.
Hope they turn up

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom