Jerome Reuter (Rome) expresses his opinion about Morrissey in interview with 482 MHz

Jerome Reuter, who is behind the neofolk band Rome, expressed his opinion about Morrissey and the current media fuzz recently in an interview with the swedish blog for alternative music 482 MHz. Find the bit about Moz under here and the interview via this link:
https://482mhz.wordpress.com/2018/08/23/intervju-med-jerome-reuter-rome/

You studied in Manchester when you were younger – an industrial city with a deep, rich musical heritage. Has Manchester inspired you? And what is your favourite Mancunian bands?

Joy Division, obviously. And I just love Morrissey. Manchester is a Moloch, yes, tremendously inspiring. To this day, actually.

I’m also a long term Morrissey fan. He’s suffering from a bit of a backlash these days, from media and certain factions of his fan base, because of him expressing support for alt-right party For Britain. Where do you stand on all of this? Does it serve him right or should we separate the artist from the person?

Oh, shit, I disagree with someone, let’s lynch him! He’s not entitled to his opinion when we know so much better. We like diversity but God forbid we should allow diversity of opinion… We could end up in a democracy without realizing it. This cannot stand. We have to burn his records. Our artists should be role models in all regards, they have no right to be wrong.

Anyway…I’ve been into Morrissey for years and I have learned to not agree with him. I like my meat and my monarchy. So there we go.

It was a joke buddy.
I get it, but don't you feel that using the language normalizes it and cheapens the dialogue bit by bit?
It's a snowball effect. A few flakes on their own are one thing, but when they gather weight, it's a different one. Besides, any one of us could be mocked in any number of ways. Let's be creative! The best insult I've read lately was "Breakfast Club looking squiggledick." I thought that was pretty funny.

I get it, but don't you feel that using the language normalizes it and cheapens the dialogue bit by bit?
It's a snowball effect. A few flakes on their own are one thing, but when they gather weight, it's a different one. Besides, any one of us could be mocked in any number of ways. Let's be creative! The best insult I've read lately was "Breakfast Club looking squiggledick." I thought that was pretty funny.

You don't seem to have much of a sense of humour. That's perfectly fine, but it doesn't entitle you to tell other people what is funny, what is not, and how to "do" humour. If you consider whether you are "normalizing" something before telling a joke, you probably don't laugh very often.

Quite honestly, g23, I think you are normalizing dullness. To me, that's a major problem!

If I saw a retarded fellow masturbating with his own feces in public, I'd remember it too. The lowest common denominator is memorable.

That's good for you, Dull g23!

Dull g23, if you don't like Trump and how he is a master communicator and manipulates the media for free publicity, start fighting back. Start understanding why he is effective and start combatting it. Pretending that he's a total idiot is not working out very well for your side, Dull g23. You are dull, but worst of all, you are ignorant.

This is not a partisan thing. I don't want to help the Trump-haters. But it's just sad to see you lose, lose lose and wonder why, why why over and over.

Get your stuff together, Dull g23!

Nope, because I found it funny then and I still find it funny now. Sometimes I like to be original and sometimes I like to borrow a turn of phrase from someone else.

Another swedish thing disappointed with the answers and whenever lefties swedes experience the real world they have really good use of the headphones and music drowning out reality.
Sweden ended democracy after the last election in 2014 when 7 parties all became one to stop the 8th party from having any influence. After that there is just a long drawn out wait for war.

Nope, because I found it funny then and I still find it funny now. Sometimes I like to be original and sometimes I like to borrow a turn of phrase from someone else.
Eh, whatever floats your boat.

Dull g23, if you don't like Trump and how he is a master communicator and manipulates the media for free publicity, start fighting back. Start understanding why he is effective and start combatting it. Pretending that he's a total idiot is not working out very well for your side, Dull g23. You are dull, but worst of all, you are ignorant.

This is not a partisan thing. I don't want to help the Trump-haters. But it's just sad to see you lose, lose lose and wonder why, why why over and over.

Look at you go.

Only an idiot would engage in the mental backflips necessary to see genius in Donald Trump. He's an imbecile and an elderly child. It's just that the American political system appears able to work with that.

Only an idiot would engage in the mental backflips necessary to see genius in Donald Trump. He's an imbecile and an elderly child. It's just that the American political system appears able to work with that.

You have zero credibility in making such a ridiculous statement. I would suggest to you that the people doing mental backflips are those who keep insisting that he is incompetent and will fail.

Run along now. You're missing Anderson Cooper.

"Breakfast Club looking 'squiggledick'" "using the language normalizes it".
:rolleyes:
:straightface:
o_O

where'd you come across those nuggets, a hobo camp:crazy:?

To the haters and losers, such as rikfe in this thread, who like to spam-dislike my posts, you don't have a clue. When it becomes widely accepted that President Trump is a stable genius who is saving the world, you bet I will refer you back to this post and others. Clueless!

To the haters and losers, such as rikfe in this thread, who like to spam-dislike my posts, you don't have a clue. When it becomes widely accepted that President Trump is a stable genius who is saving the world, you bet I will refer you back to this post and others. Clueless!

:laughing::rofl::rofl:

you're joking, right ?

Oh dear. You only see what you want to see. So you want to try again, shitstain? Try to be actually right next time, arsehole. I was there, you weren't.

*Edit* and this separated from my wife thing. Care to elaborate? It came as a bit of a surprise to her, since she's sat next to me, and we've been together 28 years. Why do you lie so?

https://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/verbal-abuse-scuffles-far-right-15073496

Listen numpty, you have been known to link to Mike Stuchberry articles in the past - an attention seeking man, a bit like yourself but on a slightly larger scale - who has become something of a running joke for being an "historian" on Twitter with a shallow, one-dimensional view of history whose arguments have been demolished more times than I can count.

A figure of ridicule for being an ideologue without a grasp on reality or the future that faces us, again, rather like yourself. The fact that you link to his articles, as far as I'm concerned, disqualifies you from being taken seriously ever again about any subject for the rest of your life. So, I win! And you lose. You're now being placed on "block", so I won't be able to see your replies, you f***-nugget arse-biscuit! Ita abscedit.

P.S. your grandkids will be Alt-Right!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

Don't be jelly because yours isn't big enough to have a squiggle to it, or even a slight bend.

DramaJ is this you???

of course, throwing food bags at the PORTLAND homeless peeps. It was in front of me and I didnt see it, its not Simon its DRAMAJ!! Its been DRAMAJ all along with all the 'DYSTOPIC ANGRY POSTS":drama:

Listen numpty, you have been known to link to Mike Stuchberry articles in the past - an attention seeking man, a bit like yourself but on a slightly larger scale - who has become something of a running joke for being an "historian" on Twitter with a shallow, one-dimensional view of history whose arguments have been demolished more times than I can count.

A figure of ridicule for being an ideologue without a grasp on reality or the future that faces us, again, rather like yourself. The fact that you link to his articles, as far as I'm concerned, disqualifies you from being taken seriously ever again about any subject for the rest of your life. So, I win! And you lose. You're now being placed on "block", so I won't be able to see your replies, you f***-nugget arse-biscuit! Ita abscedit.

P.S. your grandkids will be Alt-Right!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

an IDEOLOGUE:eek: with NO JOB:lbf:

Incredible with his savant like knowledge of FUNGUs:squiffy:

It's either satire, or your turdliness knows no bounds.

Back
Top Bottom