Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

It's just a diary rant, but I'm tending to take it somewhat seriously.

IMG_34171.jpg

it's disgusting how you look for any excuse not to care about these people and to look at the actual facts. my "coming to a conclusion about you" is apparently enough reason to completely disregard them and not factor them into the lockdown equation. nice one. unfortunately, it's not about me just as it's not about you.

well, all i can say is hopefully one day all you people will be held to account. and thankfully the internet never forgets.
Hold me to account? I'm not responsible for how different governments have responded to the virus, I simply have an opinion about the effectiveness of how my own government has responded to it. If you learned to stop blowing things out of all proportion and actually listening to people instead of leaping in, all guns blazing before they've had a chance to respond to you, you might eventually end up with a more reasonable and balanced outlook. Although I doubt that would satisfy the squalling child inside you.

This is probably going to be badly written, because I'm transcribing it from my badly written diary.

I tend to believe the elite are now, have begun, to round us up in preparation to suffocate us to death, or, turn us against each other, to create scarcity, to isolate us, keep us locked up, and ultimately kill us, riff raff. Rifke seems to think protesting will help, but, I think it's unstoppable, and it's just a matter of trying to enjoy the freedom, abundance, we have now, while we can, and, to try to be found worth sparing from this holocaust, by the elite. I mean, let's be honest. We all want to be the ones who are spared. We all want to survive and thrive.

Sure, it'd be grand if we could all live fulfilling lives, but I don't believe it's possible, at this rate, or, at the rate we were at before this Plandemic started, even. We were destroying the planet, us riff raff, along with the elite. The elite have no choice but to stop the riff raff from doing its part in destroying the planet. I suspect it's true, what I'm suggesting is going on. Sadly, but, it was a sad trajectory before, for the planet. Now it's a sad one for the riff raff, while maybe, the planet can be saved. Greta Thunberg, are you happy now?
i dont think thats whats happening. dont scare yourself into thinking that. and dont be so defeatist. things can change, and i think they will, but people have to wake up to what is happening, which is why talking about it to everyone helps, but best not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, because you want to be taken seriously. i cant talk about it much at work for fear that someone will raise a fuss and ill get fired, but i do make a point of stating facts whenever i can. some customer a while back told me how he "hit a wall" over this pandemic, and when i said "yeah, it sucks" he went on to say "i realized though that it's not so bad because i still have a place to live and i can go to the store for food whenever i want", which hit ALL the wrong notes with me because it's just so canadian to be grateful about your own dumb luck and to think that that's the proper response when the proper response should be to be angry that so much has been taken away from people, not be grateful for what you've been allowed to keep, so i just firmly told him "yes, but many people cant do that, many people are going to die of starvation because of this". of course that killed the conversation, but that was fine. just talk to people about it, but stick to facts you know to be true. i have faith in god and i know god wont let anything really bad happen.

Hold me to account? I'm not responsible for how different governments have responded to the virus, I simply have an opinion about the effectiveness of how my own government has responded to it. If you learned to stop blowing things out of all proportion and actually listening to people instead of leaping in, all guns blazing before they've had a chance to respond to you, you might eventually end up with a more reasonable and balanced outlook. Although I doubt that would satisfy the squalling child inside you.
well, how far do you think the governments of the world would get with all these mandates if the people didnt readily comply, didnt in fact ask for them? NOT VERY f***ING FAR. so yeah, you do have a part in this. now i supplied the links like you asked, now answer my f***ing question.

well, how far do you think the governments of the world would get with all these mandates if the people didnt readily comply, didnt in fact ask for them? NOT VERY f***ING FAR. so yeah, you do have a part in this. now i supplied the links like you asked, now answer my f***ing question.
No. You stop treating me with sneering contempt and I'll think about it. Until then, GFY.

get over yourself. it isnt about me or you, it's about millions of people dying. im glad you finally recognized the sneering contempt i have for you though.
That contempt is clearly innate to you and was recognisable as soon as I started reading your comments. Do let me know though when those 'millions of people' start dying. I'll make sure I respond with suitable penitence. In the meantime I'll continue to act and behave as I think fit to help minimise the spread of coronavirus.

That contempt is clearly innate to you and was recognisable as soon as I started reading your comments. Do let me know though when those 'millions of people' start dying. I'll make sure I respond with suitable penitence. In the meantime I'll continue to act and behave as I think fit to help minimise the spread of coronavirus
i think the fact that you're making a joke out of it says more than anyone needed to know about you.

do you not believe those numbers then? what dont you believe and why dont you believe it? you dont believe people are going to die? do you think the economy then is just a switch you can flip on and off with no fallout or collateral damage? is it because they used the word "could" that you dont believe it? because you might note if you read those articles that i linked, that a lot of them are saying for example "12,000 a day could die but possibly even more than that". they're being restrained with their estimates!! that's why they're saying "could". i mean, yeah, the numbers COULD be lower. they COULD also be a lot higher. but there's no COULD about the fact that many people are going to die because of this!! in fact NO ONE but you is refuting this! have you ever heard boris johnson say that unicef is lying about it's starvation estimates? no! no one has said that. no one has said not to believe it.

it's not like when the state medical officers make predictions based on outlandish models about how without lockdowns the numbers of deaths a day from covid COULD quadraple. it's not like that.

Last edited:
i think the fact that you're making a joke out of it says more than anyone needed to know about you.

do you not believe those numbers then? what dont you believe and why dont you believe it? you dont believe people are going to die? do you think the economy then is just a switch you can flip on and off with no fallout or collateral damage? is it because they used the word "could" that you dont believe it? because you might note if you read those articles that i linked, that a lot of them are saying for example "12,000 a day could die but possibly even more than that". they're being restrained with their estimates!! that's why they're saying "could". i mean, yeah, the numbers COULD be lower. they COULD also be a lot higher. but there's no COULD about the fact that many people are going to die because of this!!

it's not like when the state medical officers make predictions based on outlandish models about how without lockdowns the numbers of deaths a day from covid COULD quadraple. it's not like that.
What government is going to make local policy on the basis of what 'could' happen, often in distant lands, rather than deal with what 'is' happening in their own? It would be political madness to do so.
What I do take issue with is that the government in this country has now decided to start cutting foreign aid, which is a ludicrous response to the greater risk that many people now face as a result of coronavirus on top of everything else. Those regions in the world which are facing starvation are doing so for the most part because of conflict in those regions. The one that stands out for me is Yemen which has suffered in no small part because of weapons that this country has sold to the people waging war on that country. These are all things that should be addressed but won't. Blaming coronavirus for the effects of other governmental policies is wide of the mark. I fail to see how my wearing a mask and minimising contact with other people makes me responsible for tragedies in far-off countries.

What government is going to make local policy on the basis of what 'could' happen, often in distant lands, rather than deal with what 'is' happening in their own? It would be political madness to do so.
What I do take issue with is that the government in this country has now decided to start cutting foreign aid, which is a ludicrous response to the greater risk that many people now face as a result of coronavirus on top of everything else. Those regions in the world which are facing starvation are doing so for the most part because of conflict in those regions. The one that stands out for me is Yemen which has suffered in no small part because of weapons that this country has sold to the people waging war on that country. These are all things that should be addressed but won't. Blaming coronavirus for the effects of other governmental policies is wide of the mark. I fail to see how my wearing a mask and minimising contact with other people makes me responsible for tragedies in far-off countries.
cutting foreign aid. well what the f*** did you think was going to happen when the government had to pay people to sit on their asses for a year?!?!?! where did you think the money was coming from?!?!?!

cutting foreign aid. well what the f*** did you think was going to happen when the government had to pay people to sit on their asses for a year?!?!?! where did you think the money was coming from?!?!?!
No, that policy comes entirely from Tory right-wing dogma. It's got nothing to do with economics because in the context of the British economy, the amount saved is very small. The Tory right hate foreign aid because... well... foreigners.

also i find your last sentence interesting. i agree that wearing a mask probably has nothing to do with starvation in far off countries. it's not that that i find interesting, but your wording. you say "i fail to see how MY wearing a mask and minimizing contact with other people", as though it's just a personal choice on your part, something you've decided to do with your own body. but actually"i fail to see how MY wearing a mask and minimizing contact with other people and insisting other people do the same whether they like it or not" would be the correct statement, because that's what you really stand for. you would seek to eradicate other peoples personal choice as to what they do with their bodies, so dont you dare try to make out that it's something as harmless as just "i choose to wear a mask".

Back
Top Bottom