Is childbirth obscene?

Is childbirth obscene?

• Total voters
When did I ever say that? I simply stated the truth about both birth and sex: They both involve very 'gory' things happening to the human body, things that I find obscene, as they are.

so, your scared of gory things like sex?

When did I ever say this? I am very curious to know. Please post the exact quote.

never said you did.

Actually, I'll save you the time and you can just admit you made it up in an attempt to 'read into' my posts like some second rate physciatrist. Unless you have a PHD from a respected university, then I suggest you stop. And if you actually do, then you really should find another career, because you suck at it.

not really....i think the majority of the people here can 'read' into your posts.

I don't know who Kenneth Williams is.

you should, he had the same problems as you.

I've already answered this question several (dozen) times in past threads. I am not asexual, I just have control over my emotions and choose not to follow up on anything.

are these the only threads you post on, the sex & relationships ones.

you really are trying to convince yourself more then anybody.

You really take yourself seriously don't you.

so, your scared of gory things like sex?

I never said I was scared. I simply stated that it was obscene, which it is due to the transfer of germs, bodily fluids and the bodily trauma that the act entails. I am simply calling a spade a spade, that doesn't mean I'm afraid of it.

never said you did.

No, you just stated it as a fact based on your vast knowledge as a trained internet know it all.

not really....i think the majority of the people here can 'read' into your posts.

Obviously not based on how far off they are.

you should, he had the same problems as you.

I don't have any 'problems'. I would suggest you find something better to do than 'reading into' peoples posts and finding things that aren't there and then diagnosing them like some amateur doctor.

are these the only threads you post on, the sex & relationships ones.

Untrue. I posted in many sports, bootleg/download and general info related topics as well. I post in the ones I find interesting, as I do on all forums I post at.

you really are trying to convince yourself more then anybody.

Ah, so because you disagree with an opinion, the person who posted said opinion must not 'really believe it' themselves. No, they are just deluding themselves on thar intarwebs and only you can call them out based on your vast knowledge of them based on some posts on a Morrissey forum!

You are too slick for me. I just can't fool you.

You really take yourself seriously don't you.

You obviously don't take yourself seriously enough.

I never said I was scared. I simply stated that it was obscene, which it is due to the transfer of germs, bodily fluids and the bodily trauma that the act entails. I am simply calling a spade a spade, that doesn't mean I'm afraid of it.

No, you just stated it as a fact based on your vast knowledge as a trained internet know it all.

Obviously not based on how far off they are.

I don't have any 'problems'. I would suggest you find something better to do than 'reading into' peoples posts and finding things that aren't there and then diagnosing them like some amateur doctor.

Untrue. I posted in many sports, bootleg/download and general info related topics as well. I post in the ones I find interesting, as I do on all forums I post at.

Ah, so because you disagree with an opinion, the person who posted said opinion must not 'really believe it' themselves. No, they are just deluding themselves on thar intarwebs and only you can call them out based on your vast knowledge of them based on some posts on a Morrissey forum!

You are too slick for me. I just can't fool you.

You obviously don't take yourself seriously enough.

i can't be bothered to read all that, sorry.

If you think of something as obscene, for any reason, it follows logically that you would never involve yourself with it / in it actively. You seem ashamed and disgusted with the human body.

If you think of something as obscene, for any reason, it follows logically that you would never involve yourself with it / in it actively. You seem ashamed and disgusted with the human body.

Eating is obscene, a bowel movement is obscene, hell, most of the 'normal', daily things we participate in are quite gruesome if you break them down to their basic levels. Yet we don't think twice about doing these things or about or body on any given day.

Using the logic you are using is faulty, and only serves to make people think one has a problem where none exists ei: You said something was gross; therefore, you must be deathly afraid/have a serious problem/phobia of it. No, I am simply stating what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

Eating is obscene, a bowel movement is obscene, hell, most of the 'normal', daily things we participate in are quite gruesome if you break them down to their basic levels. Yet we don't think twice about doing these things or about or body on any given day.

Using the logic you are using is faulty, and only serves to make people think one has a problem where none exists ei: You said something was gross; therefore, you must be deathly afraid/have a serious problem/phobia of it. No, I am simply stating what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

Eating is obscene? Wow.

Eating is obscene? Wow.

Using your teeth to rip and tear at dead flesh, the tongue swashing around, swirling in this broken down mess, germ filled saliva and mucous washing down bits of animal flesh as it's forced down your gullet by contracting muscles and into a pool of acid etc.

As I said: if you break down most things to their basics, and what exactly is entailed in them, they are quite gross.

Eating and bowel movements are necessary - we have to do them, obscene or not. Sex clearly is not necessary, and as your attitude towards it is clearly very negative, it follows that you wouldn't want to become involved in it and so far haven't been. Sex is a natural thing, as is childbirth; whether it is pretty or not is really of no relevance. Simplified, your argument comes across as, "I don't like/will not participate in sex because it is dirty", and as previous posters have mentioned, I think that attitude is unhealthy.

Using your teeth to rip and tear at dead flesh, the tongue swashing around, swirling in this broken down mess, germ filled saliva and mucous washing down bits of animal flesh as it's forced down your gullet by contracting muscles and into a pool of acid etc.

As I said: if you break down most things to their basics, and what exactly is entailed in them, they are quite gross.

What about carrots? I don't eat animals. Is it still obscene if you cook the carrots first?

Eating and bowel movements are necessary - we have to do them, obscene or not.

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact it's still pretty nasty if you break it down to it's basics, no?

Sex clearly is not necessary, and as your attitude towards it is clearly very negative, it follows that you wouldn't want to become involved in it and so far haven't been.

What does that have to do with anything? We are talking about whether childbirth is 'obscene', which due to what is involved in it, I voted that it most certainly is.

Sex is a natural thing, as is childbirth; whether it is pretty or not is really of no relevance.

It is to this topic.

Simplified, your argument comes across as, "I don't like/will not participate in sex because it is dirty", and as previous posters have mentioned, I think that attitude is unhealthy.

This thread has nothing to do with me, you are making it to be so, though. Why? My argument is that due to what is involved in childbirth, it is in fact obscene, at least to me. Why are you changing the topic and making it about me, and what I said in other topics unrelated to this one?

What about carrots? I don't eat animals. Is it still obscene if you cook the carrots first?

Most people do eat animals, which is why I used that as an example. The fact remains that the process of eating is pretty gross and primal if you break it down, as are most things we do in our daily lives. If you disagree, then that is fine, but I find many of them to be a tad gross, just like the act of childbirth, which is incredibly gory, and gross, so I voted as such in the pool. Isn't that what this topic is about?

I think "obscene" doesn't merely mean "gross and disgusting," it really means that whatever act or occurrence is being perverting, used for an ill purpose. A photo of a little kid in a bathtub isn't obscene, but if you ask the kid to stand up and spread his legs and then take the picture, that's obscene. It's something taken out of context.

Childbirth is pretty gory and messy and gross, but certainly not obscene. It's just one of the messier aspects of life, one that lasts only a tiny fraction of our lives. We were all born--you too, Arsenal.

I think "obscene" doesn't merely mean "gross and disgusting,"

It has other meanings, but those two are part of it, disgusting is at least.

Childbirth is pretty gory and messy and gross, but certainly not obscene.

In your opinion, no. And that is fine, we all have views. The word 'obscene' also includes 'disgusting' as part of it's overall meaning, and I definitely find the act very disgusting, thus, could be described as 'obscene'. That is simply how I see it.

It's just one of the messier aspects of life, one that lasts only a tiny fraction of our lives. We were all born--you too, Arsenal.

And from what I was told of my birth it was incredibly painful, messy, traumatic to the body and not something that was enjoyable at all. It was pretty disgusting, and that's coming from the person who went through it.

Last edited:
It sounds like she regrets it. :confused: Sounds like you do, too.

Don't start being a internet psychiatrist, please. She simply doesn't lie or bullshit, what is the point? She wanted 2 children and she had 2 children, but she also got 'fixed' right after the second one and vowed never do it again, as it was a very unpleasant experience.

And I hardly regret being born, as it's something I had zero control over, thus can't really 'regret'. I love being alive and enjoy every single day. I'm a very happy and positive person and as I have stated many times: I absolutely love life and look forward to the next day more than the last.

Why sit there and think about breaking normal things down into 'their basic levels?' Eating and bowel movements are not obscene acts in my opinion, they are what species do to survive, how is natural survival obscene? I personally think you are being overly pedantic and should lighten up a little! :p

Tags
question teeth
Back
Top Bottom