Is Anyone Else Sick To Death...

Comtesse

Starved Of Mirth
of seeing that ugly Polyphonic Spree guy at the top of this page every day?

Here's a Mozzy topic so I don't get moved to another forum:

Maladjusted Fashion. Discuss.
greektheater97.jpg

I find this topic to be interesting as it seems his fashion at this time was a bit diverse. This pic shows him dressing a bit older than he should have. (but still with the natural grace to make it look hot)

But on the album cover, he was sporting jeans. Although he was a fan of jeans in the Smiths days, it seems as he gets older he wears them less and less. Perhaps during this time period, he was trying to find a balance between a youthful look and a more mature look?

You are not alone re: the Poly dude!
I like Morrissey's getup but I think he needs a belt :D I must say he looks very fit and trim here.

im more sick of the girl with cut out owl eyes. Disgusting. but, whatever pays the bills so we dont have to...

I don't remember him dressing like that on the Maladjusted tour. It looks more 2000s-ish to me.

Oh, trust me - that's TOTAL Maladjusted tour gear. It's from the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, October 12, 1997.

I don't remember him dressing like that on the Maladjusted tour. It looks more 2000s-ish to me.

in 2000 he was all about the jeans with paint on them and the west ham boys club t shirts.

In 97' he was all about the gucci as I recall in a couple interviews he did at the time he was really talking gucci up,in one of them I recall him talking about the jacket he wearing was "made by gucci's grandmother herself"

It's interesting that the sleek look he had during the Maladjusted tour was so at odds with the scruffy photo on the album cover (possibly the worst publicity shot of Moz ever taken).

At the time I missed the Vauxhall-Southpaw style, but looking back now it was very international playboy and better than Quarry. 2000 was really casual -- again I preferred the big E LEvis of Vauxhall to the paint-splattered Gucci jeans. And the West Ham t-shirt wore out its welcome quick.

Most of his clothes now are quite good -- and the tux really suits him at his age now. He looks so cool on the cover of the single for The Youngest...

I agree that he needs a belt in this picture.

I rather liked the jeans and blazer look from the Southpaw era.

The high waistline and silk shirt are bordering on Johnny Stompanato Vegas mob style but he gets away with it.

I like the jeans/blazer look, too especially in Introducing Morrissey and the video for Dagenham Dave. Again, it's a look that some can't get away with (and may recall images of Jerry Seinfeld), but Moz looked great in his too-small Stanley Baker jacket.

Speaking of Baker, how about the below look for our kid??

I agree that he needs a belt in this picture.

I rather liked the jeans and blazer look from the Southpaw era.

It's interesting that the sleek look he had during the Maladjusted tour was so at odds with the scruffy photo on the album cover (possibly the worst publicity shot of Moz ever taken).

No shit. I remember rushing to the record store the day it was released, but then feeling really crestfallen with not only the pic, but the entire CD packaging, courtesy of Mercury Records. I didn't care for the music or the tour, either, but I've since come around on the music.

Most of his clothes now are quite good -- and the tux really suits him at his age now. He looks so cool on the cover of the single for The Youngest...

True. Even better on "I Just Want to See the Boy Happy," if not for the gesture.

91/92
jeans & DMs, jean jackets, morrissey tee shirts.

This particular era of Moz fashion is a sad one. I feel like he was (due to something going on within his life) trying to shed himself. He lost the quiff and started dressing drastically different then ever before. Sad, sad, period...

I like the 40s retro thing. I'm very interested to see what look he will do next. I can't imagine he'll go more casual if he's seen wearing wool socks and suit jackets in New Jersey in July.

I would love to see him in a really good summer linen suit with a proper Panama hat... there is only one place in the world to get a good Panama: http://www.optimohats.com/thecompany.htm

This particular era of Moz fashion is a sad one. I feel like he was (due to something going on within his life) trying to shed himself. He lost the quiff and started dressing drastically different then ever before. Sad, sad, period...

he did make the whole quiff thing his own, but i think he looks pretty good with a shorter hairstyle. at least he didnt grow it waaaaay out yick

I think he was growing into the style that he has now. He had to go through an "awkward" transitioning period in order to be so perfectly put together now.

of seeing that ugly Polyphonic Spree guy at the top of this page every day?
\

Like most advertising on most sites I go to I ignore it... It is necessary and some people must actually click one of those banners from time to time otherwise the advertisers would not spend their money supporting the site. A more interesting question is "who ARE these people" and what did they actually buy from the site linked to the banner?

Back
Top Bottom