If he never began singing what would he be doing now?

Mmmm...possibly

a)became a manager/svengali of a band/artist
b)writing about pop music/novels
c)born again Christian pastor

:p

On the dole, eating cereal every night dreaming of becoming famous. :p

He'd probably already killed himself...

from his own words, librarian.

I've often wondered about that.... I think he would have never left his teenage bed-sit stage. He'd still be sitting in his little bedroom in his Mum's house on Kings Road, writing poems and lyrics and being a bit of a weirdo. Maybe he'd occasionally leave the house to work as a librarian, but only stuffing books in shelves in the wee morning hours when nobody sees him. The occasional concert, lurking in the back of the venue.

...that's how I imagine it, anyway. And mind you, there's more people living that way than we can ever know. The older brother of a former friend of mine for instance lives exactly like that. He hasn't left the house much ever since he finished school which was about 15 years ago. Just sits there by candle light writing. I've never read anything he writes but it could well be world-changing poetry, only that noone ever gets to read it.

Just imagine that would have happened to Moz.... all the riches we would have never seen.

I was always intrigued by something I read in the Johnny Rogan book when it said he once worked in a hospital as a "flesh remover."

I think he'd be a solitary writer, a misterious one that nobody knows how looks like, or a tormented priest. Or a librarian, wearing glasses and reading every book he has got on the shelves...Of course he would know by heart every line of Wilde plays. :):cool:

He'd be married, living in Hale or somewhere like that and working in middle management, grumbling about the youth of today whilst harbouring sordid and not-so-sordid fantasies about football hooligans and petty criminals.
He'd drink organic tea apart from on Friday nights where he'd get pissed and hit his missus for getting organic tea. Every week. Without fail.
As his missus would be a mute Azbekistani sex slave she would say nothing and suffer in silence.
He would then visit the streets of his youth on a Saturday night, end up scoring some crack in Moss Side and go back to his Volvo Estate and put on his velvet smoking jacket (cos Oscar Wilde would still be his hero but Johnny Thunders has more appeal) and take the rock!
On Sunday he would take his mum out for dinner to a Harvesters.

Back
Top Bottom